Sign in to follow this  
Tricky Trev

Bench For Next Year

As Davey is progressing us year by year and follows the norm we are likely to get a new right back and one star player plus a couple of freebies/loans our bench could be seven out of these: nash,rodwell,gosling,saha,vaughan,baxter,victor with possibles neville,osman,hibbert,yobo and newbies which i dont think is bad at all. I'd swap Vic for Ledley at Cardiff and keep the rest but what do you guys think?

I see that you have Hibbert as a bench-warmer and no mention of Jacobsen. Is this an omission or do you reckon Jacobsen gets the nod?

I hope it's the latter because the guy looked really comfortable in the few games he played after a long lay-off with injury and certainly proved to be a better player and more reliable than Hibbert. I reckon Moyes only gave a cup final berth to Hibbert because of loyalty (misplaced though it was!).

Another suprising aspect of your list I thought, was the inclusion of Neville. While he's not the best of players technically, he more than makes up the weight in his leadership role. A vital cog when trying to build a good side.