IGNORED

Everton Takeover?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was us , wouldn't one of our share holders know about it ?

I mean 60% isn't something you can brush under the carpet without public disclosure .

Also , why would we have not heard any stronger rumours to decent players ?

No. Blabbing would scupper/taint any deal, Arabs like to do business quietly then announce it (and brag about it). Plus, if it was known we were the club, rivals would contact the buying party saying "we make better financial sense than them..." blah blah blah.

Anyway, I still have a tiny winy bit of optimism on this one. Especially as I was alerted to this by a colleague in Abu Dhabi. :D

No. Blabbing would scupper/taint any deal, Arabs like to do business quietly then announce it (and brag about it). Plus, if it was known we were the club, rivals would contact the buying party saying "we make better financial sense than them..." blah blah blah.

Anyway, I still have a tiny winy bit of optimism on this one. Especially as I was alerted to this by a colleague in Abu Dhabi. :D

I'm very sceptical its us, but you could fill me with a tiny bit of optimism, by explaining what was said by your colleague.

Edited by Fozastuta

i cant see it tbh <_< it will be either Pompey, West Ham or Spurs.

Pompey - Obvious connections with the interested party atm

West Ham - Their new owners are a stop-gap for deligates to rekindle their losses...hence why they're icelanic bankers (again)

Spurs - Least likely out of the three, but i bet would sell up if an offer was made.

Can't see it being Liverpool because one of them just sold he ice hockey team an why would he do that if he selling Liverpool.

also what is the Liverpools owners split?

Edited by Adpom

this morning i was following everything, every thread connected to this... and for some reason i was filled with pure excitement, and for what? no one has mentioned everttons name in all of this, its still unknown as to what is and has actually happened. So from now on, until more news comes through im putting it to the back of my mind, because it will only lead to frustration when the news finally comes and were all left disheartened once again

Wow loads of negativity on here around the club being everton Where's your optimism fella's. I know we've had years of one disappointment after another but things are on the change! No longer will Evertonians have to have a mindset of fear the worse. New Arab owners, honary chairman, Kenweight still in place on the board and plenty of cash. The good times are coming.. I'm willing to think positive, screw the disappointment. If we all wish and pray together for the next few days, the power of the greatest fans in the world will bring it too fruition :)

Notice a bid for Defour, been all over the news today and from the players mouth. Starting to splash the cash. Believe.

this could also be a load of bull, there might be no investor, could just be a made up story, if you think about it, the attually statement is very vague indeed, an there doesn't seem to be that much press about it, or so far any follow up from anyone.

I do hope its true an it is us.

this could also be a load of bull, there might be no investor, could just be a made up story, if you think about it, the attually statement is very vague indeed, an there doesn't seem to be that much press about it, or so far any follow up from anyone.

I do hope its true and it is us.

I only hope it's true if it is us! I don't want it to be true if it isn't us - I couldn't face another team being bought out and us watching from afar again!!!

Well Everton were very blunt in saying "No" not them...usually get bit more banter than that. I am looking for the slightest bit of optimism lol :D

Like they would say "yeah it is us, just haven't got round to telling everyone yet". :lol:

TBH I really don't know, heart is saying "yay it is us", head is saying "nope, another red herring".

Don't think we will get a true idea of investment until Kirkby ruling is done.