IGNORED

Darron Gibson

Hopefully Darren will come back to the international scene now that trappatoni has left the country, gibbo is badly needed!!

Martin o Neil is fav to take over as Ireland manager, and I will be delighted to see it!

#irishBlues

O'Neill would be an excellent choice and I am guessing he may fancy a chance at managing at international level. I remember him playing for Distillery before he left for Forest. I am old.

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly is wrong with Gibson ? What injury ? when can we expect him back ? He has only played 1 game this season - nobody seems to know exactly why

Had a problem with his thigh in a pre-season game, I think he needs to be eased back into the first team. He should be ok when hes back and playing and builds up his fitness. He should be fit for the next game as he came through the Fulham game ok I believe.

When he is up and playing and in the groove he is one of the best central midfielders in the league, great at passing, good at positioning and winning the ball back.

Edited by London Blue

• 2 weeks later...

in all seriousness a torn acl which is what it looks has bollocks all to do with being "prone" bad luck is more the reason. same as a broken leg.

I wouldn't say the "injury-prone" title discriminates against what type of injury you have -- more along the lines of having a history of being hurt all the time.

It's a real shame. I love Gibson when he's on form. I know he must be gutted. The best thing we can do is stick behind him and hope it's not long term. Nervous for him.

Edited by TonkaRoost

if he was a boxer we would have said he has a glass jaw -

feel sorry for him but he is far too unreliable to depend on at the top level-

his cover is Osman and that deserves no further comment -

Everton will urgently have to find cover for DM - we have enough bandages -

Gibson is 25 and he has never played more than 2000 min in any season -

liability for any club with that injury riddled record

I actually think Gibson may struggle to play for us again. Not because his career will be over, but because he may have to leave us once he recovers. His injury gives McCarthy and Barry time to cement their partnership, and you'd think we'll also bring cover in in January. If the cover is a hit then he may struggle for playing time.

in all seriousness a torn acl which is what it looks has bollocks all to do with being "prone" bad luck is more the reason. same as a broken leg.

Agreed. Some whoppers on another board used to say James Vaughan was "Injury prone". Having knee trouble, a dislocated shoulder and a hole in your shin is simply bad luck. Injury prone is the likes of Anderton, Giggs and Owen.

Shame for GIbson.