IGNORED

Darron Gibson

Yet, just like Cleverely he was the subject of ridicule from his own fans. I want to see him play for an extended period without injuries, we could have a very tidy centre midfield with plenty of competition for places. McCarthy, Besic, Barry, Gibson, (think Osman will be bench) with Barkley in the number 10 role.

:huh: Ahead of Barry and McCarthy? Don't think so.

He is a very good midfielder, and has the talent but since he can't get a prolonged run of games its hard to rate him at all.

Opinions....As I say I watched the 12/13 season yesterday and Gibson was absolutely brilliant and yes we've only list minimal games he's played in.

I think he is a decent player but nothing more than that. He was a great investment and he was certainly the best on the ball midfielder we had at the time but we have moved on quite a bit since then. His defensive positioning often left a lot to be desired and for such a good passer he gives the ball away too often and with his mobility it makes it difficult for him to make amends.

He was very good in the first two games of last seasons pre-season and he was very good again when he game on with Besic against Celta Vigo so I will be interested to see how he does.

• 3 weeks later...

Takes the lad's ankle out with his testicles, more risky for Darron than the Omani. Went for the ball (one footed) and nowhere near contacting with his studs, don't see the problem. Foul and a yellow OK, but nothing worse.

dude, that's a potential career ender!

No matter how many times I watch it I don't see how; he slides in, going for the ball. makes no contact with his boots and the lad falls over his inner thigh. If that's a potential career ender then so is every slide tackle ever made.

i pulled my groin and hamstring walking last week, it's all deadly to me :lol:

Looks a shocker to me!

But why? If I'm missing something guys then please explain. There's no nasty contact, no sign of intent, he basically gives the guy a hug with his thighs. Can't see it at all. He slides at the ball and his trailing leg follows; short of unscrewing it before he made the challenge (maybe possible given his injury record) what's he supposed to do with it?

Pity he wasn't playing in the game behind closed doors versus Stoke today. Would quite have liked him toi give Charlie Adam one of those. Apparently Adam was asked to leave the pitch after horrible tackles - seriously horrible player.

Are you serious? Is that info spot on?

If it is then being asked to leave the field for tackling like that in a behind closed door game then Hughes wants to fine him a months wages and throw him in with the under 18s.

Disgraceful behaviour from someone who is supposed to be a professional.

Are you serious? Is that info spot on?

If it is then being asked to leave the field for tackling like that in a behind closed door game then Hughes wants to fine him a months wages and throw him in with the under 18s.

Disgraceful behaviour from someone who is supposed to be a professional.

yep, Grant (2) Browning and Kone were goalscorers

Go on Kone lad...

But why? If I'm missing something guys then please explain. There's no nasty contact, no sign of intent, he basically gives the guy a hug with his thighs. Can't see it at all. He slides at the ball and his trailing leg follows; short of unscrewing it before he made the challenge (maybe possible given his injury record) what's he supposed to do with it?

Its high for starters (albeit not with his studs) before sliding down but if the other lads leg was planted then with his momentum and the angle he could easily have snapped it in half. Luckily the guy had just taken the majority of his weight off it. Put it this way, I have seen plenty of nasty injuries occurred that way when the leg has been planted and it was a very unnecessary challenge IMO especially given he didnt get near the ball.