IGNORED

Darron Gibson

For me Rodwell can go, he's got to be one of the most over-rated players that we have had at this club and to see him go for a large sum of cash would be happy days for me.

This. If he goes to United and they manage to do something with him, good luck. He does nothind for us, bar getting injured.

half a mil rising to £2m is the fee according to a journalist on twitter. I'd happily accept that deal. Not a brilliant player but will add to numbers in our tiny squad. May even bag a goal or two with his thunderous shot. If it doesn't work out then you can expect a profit to be made without a doubt. I'm willing to give him a chance in the royal blue, just hope it works out.

After thinking about it a little bit, he is an Everton player now and we need to give him support until he shows us something.

In Gibson I trust O.o

Also, I can't believe people are on rod well's back again. He was doing really well for us and is continuously improving.. People have such short-term memory.

For me Rodwell can go, he's got to be one of the most over-rated players that we have had at this club and to see him go for a large sum of cash would be happy days for me. I'm pleased to see Gibson come as he can't be that if he's played under Sir Alex and he surely isn't worse than what we've already got. Whilst he wears the Royal Blue he will get a cheer from me, I look forward to see him in action soon!

Also for £500,000 we have got him on the cheap, the money we have paid for him is peanuts in football terms and if he does turn out to be shite then I'm sure we could sell him for at least double that and make a cosy profit.

I Agree with this. If we can sell Rodwell for 25-30 mil and replace him with Gibson at 500 000, I think its good business. Everton can whip him into shape and as many have pointed out. I will fully support him while at everton. Who knows, it could turn out to be a real finding. And we might get rid of 25-30 mil in dept, opening up for a potential takeover. Now, how much can we get for Moyes???

Honest thoughts? Got dynamite in both feet, carrying way too much weight for midfield, may have a big time charlie mentality. For the money it's not bad business, but if I see him hamper Barkley's progress I will be livid. He could turn out to be a player for us, until proved otherwise I will get behind him.

harsh on rodwell i think..the lad has been stifled by playin out wide but playin inside this season he has been great i think..kept david silva quiet for pretty much a whole game..not many can say that this season

gibson is just another carrick to me but i will get behind him too..hopefully he proves us all wrong

I wouldn't go as far as say he's one of the worst players to grace the league! Have you actually seen the lad play the few times he has for Utd or just following suite from others who are doing just the same?

I'm not saying the lad is a class act but give him a chance and if the reported fee Louis has just mentioned is true I'd take it as a bargain.

I've read on Utd forums the only reason He's not had much time is his attitude towards a deal they put infront of him and Fegie being Fergie had non of it. True or not I'll reserve judgement for the time being.

I wouldn't be keen on Rodwell going but for now people are just putting two and two together....saying that for 25m I would be very tempted to let him go.

This

Got to say Im not overly excited about this deal but give the lad a chance FFS and as for Rodwell, lol how unusual for mass hysteria to break out in here!

kills the everton time clock i suppose.

That's somethingmellow.png

I hope he can do something good but I really hope he doesn't end up playing at the same level as before and end up as another Everton journeyman playing week in week out and doing very little.

He would have killed the old Everton clock by St Domingo's if it was still there according to my Man United contacts. His shooting has been very wayward of recent apparently.

Quite ironic isn't it, a few goals that make highlight reels give you the impression that they do it all the time. Apparently Bobby Charlton was the same, you see the few beauties he scored but you never see the few hundred that hit row z.

If this signing indicates one going out then I will not be happy at all, if Jack gets over his injuries he will be some player, has a great engine and is tidy on the ball. If he goes it needs to be for £25m...

Sing it....

Hey! Chingedy ching,

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

It's Darron Gibs the donkey.

Chingedy ching,

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

Everton’s new midfielding donkey.

(la la la-la la-la la la la la)

(la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)

Moyes’s got a little friend,

His name is Darron Gibs.

The cutest little donkey,

You never see him kick.

When Moyes visits his Changingroom,

With Darren Gibs he'll be.

Because the others cannot,

climb the walls of the Grand Lady.

Hey! Chingedy ching,

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

Chingedy ching,

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

Concrete Boots around his feet,

And pudding on his waist.

Hey! Look at the merseys derby,

We look forward to it in haist.

Shooting boots for Louis,

And a dress for McFaddy.

The labels on the inside says,

They're made in Fazakerley.

Hey! Chingedy ching,

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

Chingedy ching,

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

Children sing, and clap their hands,

And Darron Gibs begins to shoot.

They put on their hardhats,

And even he understands.

Hey! Darron Gibs! Welcome to Everton Lad!

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

does someone need to loosen your tie Ten or did you just miss your medication again?

Back on topic, hes here now like it or not so as has been said by a few, lets get behind him (might be the safest place apparently). Good deal by the board - 24 year old international with CL experience and has played in one of the best teams in the world at a cracking price - looks good on paper!

does someone need to loosen your tie Ten or did you just miss your medication again?

Back on topic, hes here now like it or not so as has been said by a few, lets get behind him (might be the safest place apparently). Good deal by the board - 24 year old international with CL experience and has played in one of the best teams in the world at a cracking price - looks good on paper!

Hmm so were quinton fortune, kleberson, david bellion and john o'shea... let's hope he's an exception to that rule and turns out to be a Forlan.

although, like everyone else, im not exactly excited by this signing, considering we have no money...we have signed an international player for peanuts, one who was talked about a few years ago about being the next best thing. he has been injured alot and has never really been given the chance. He could turn out to be a very good player and another moyes gem, ala peinnear or jags.

Worst scenario he will be worth £2 or £3m t sell on to Sunderland in a year or 2.

Sounds pretty good from where Im sitting

ive spoke to a few united fans about this one and they haven't really been saying how bad he is, they are just saying that hes not good enough for man united. tim howard wasn't 'good enough for man united' and he's turned out alright for us so im going to support him while hes in everton colours and i hope he proves us all wrong.

In the words of Ross Barkley; I'm buzzing.

I'm fully prepared for this signing. I've just got back from a shopping trip and I've got my ear plugs for the pathetic and inevitable cries of SHOOT from our fans whenever he touches the ball. I also got a crash helmet for when the daft sod listens to them and he piledrives the ball into the Gwladys Street.