Sign in to follow this  
Memmaclub

Gosling

He got some game time last season along with rodwell and besides the goal against RS I wasn't impressed. Do people think he will go on to become a regular. If you put him as direct competetion for osman I much prefer ossie. Rodwell came out the best in my opinion.

Unless Gosling develops his game he'll be nothing more than a squad player. I'm not a fan of him either; I don't think he has much to his game tbh. Less skill than Osman with the same snail pace, not good enough to command a regular starting place for us.

eah those were my thoughts I just wasn't sure if moyes was going to develop himlong term I mean he just doesn't seem to have any of the raw skills such as trickery or strength or pace like vic and vaughn and rodwell have.

Goose has got great eye for positioning and quick feet, think he'll do well in the centre. Probably being played on the wing to reduce the pressure to him/

Guest efctaxi

Is it fair to compare him with Rodders ?

They are 2 completely different players and have different jobs asked of them . I think Gosling has very good composure , and might be worth putting out on loan for a while to get some more experience .

I think Gosling will be shaped into a player like Cahill.

Not fast, not the most technically gifted player, but a threat in the box. See Man City game, Liverpool game, and the game where he hit the post with the finesse bouncing shot.

I think Gosling will be shaped into a player like Cahill.

Not fast, not the most technically gifted player, but a threat in the box. See Man City game, Liverpool game, and the game where he hit the post with the finesse bouncing shot.

Spurs at home, 0-0.

With the amount of games we could play next season, he will get more than a chance, so he needs to step up to the mark. He has only played a handful of games and can only improve, we need a large squad next year and if he made a dramatic improvement it wouldn't be the first time, so I think another season of development is required, after all when Jagielka arrived from Sheffield United, he made his debut at Bolton, along with the Yak and looked totally out of his depth but look how much he has improved.

At this point, he is worth having as a sub given he has an eye for a goal and can put the work in for the last 20 minutes of a game. Given we can't make 7 or 8 massive signings, we have to have some back up and Gosling is reasonable back up.

don't think he has shown much that suggests he'll make it as a good premiership player. his movement off the ball is good, but that's just about it...everything else is below par.

Completely agree. The reason I compared him to rodwell is that rodwell looks like a prem player now. gosling looks out of his depth he it's skillfull or fast so what does he give our team that osman can't

i think he a decent player an seems to have the nack of being ni the right place at the right time, just can't always finish, but that will come with age and experiance. this season will show if he is a good player or not.

Not to mention

Gosling,still Gosling, still Go GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sharpy going mad on radio city against Liverpool.

His feet looked quick there

i think he will come through maybe next season lets give him 20 or so games this season he is only young....his goal scoring record as a boy was very good some players dont come through till there mid to early twentys....he has a lot more pace than osman....in a top team osman would only be a squad player.