IGNORED

Am I The Only One Who Thinks Its Mad To Consider Selling Lescott?

Adpom

Sure i'm not the only person who thinks its stupid to sell Lescott.

He played every game except 1(he was an unused sub) for us since we signed him.

He scored 15 goals in 2 seasons.

He a better player an looks more comftable on the ball then Yobo, an seems to fit with Jags really well.

Who we going to replace him? thats as good if not better then him?

I personally think we got 3rd best defences in the league in 3/4 defences postions. When our defensive team is Jags,Lescott and Bains. If we can get a class right back we could be very close to having the 2 best defenceive back 4 in the league. Worse with Jo(one mistake every game)Yobo

Selling Lescott is a backwards step in my opinion and i will be very very dissapointed if we sell him an feel let down by Everton

yobo hardly makes mistakes anymore and has more talent the lescott. lescott only got a game at cb cos yobo was injured and, i have no idea why he played so many games last season because in the 1st half of the season he shud of been dropped to the reserves for his half arsed performance at lb. he is a very good cb but he is only our 3rd best, possibly 4th once rodwells got a bit more experience. 15mil for a player who'd be on the bench with a fully fit squad imo, unless moyes picks him over baines again(hopefully never again cos baines is by far better at that position) wen we have other priorities to adress in the team we'd be mad to turn it down, unless we got took over by some billionaire we cant afford a 15mil player on the bench and only have a 5mil player like osman or pienaar starting.

JUST OUT OF INTEREST..

Would anyone take a deal such as, £18 million + Micah Richards, or £15 million and Jo?

Don't bite my head of just a talking point!

That would be a very good deal 18m plus Richards, much better than 15 million plus Jo.

3 times what we paid for him plus an England international fullback who can also cover for the center halves. snatch it quick.

Id tell City to jog on no matter what...upto £25m/£18m + Richards.

Lescott is one of the best English CB and to sell him to anyone including a rival is something I dont see the point in, just hope Lescotts head is with Everton and not on makign a quick dolla.

yobo hardly makes mistakes anymore and has more talent the lescott. lescott only got a game at cb cos yobo was injured and, i have no idea why he played so many games last season because in the 1st half of the season he shud of been dropped to the reserves for his half arsed performance at lb. he is a very good cb but he is only our 3rd best, possibly 4th once rodwells got a bit more experience. 15mil for a player who'd be on the bench with a fully fit squad imo, unless moyes picks him over baines again(hopefully never again cos baines is by far better at that position) wen we have other priorities to adress in the team we'd be mad to turn it down, unless we got took over by some billionaire we cant afford a 15mil player on the bench and only have a 5mil player like osman or pienaar starting.

Excellent post imo, although I don't quite agree that Lescott is our 3rd choice and may be 4th soon. I don't think there is much between Yobo, Lescott and Jags at all - they all have their qualities and Yobo is definitely the quickest and best in the air. I personally agree that it is madness to not consider selling Lescott for something approaching £20m when we have players like Osman starting on the RW and only one truly proven class striker in the team, plus nothing special at RB. We have 3 excellent CB's and another (Rodwell) coming through so compared to the rest of the positions in our team we have an embarrassment of riches in that area. We should consider selling to strengthen our team overall, especially as I think Lescott is replaceable anyway and for a lot less that £20m.

To say things like we shouldn't be in a position where we have to sell players etc to lower placed teams is pointless in reality, Man City are absolutely loaded, BK isn't - FACT. There is nothing we can do about it so there is no point saying we shouldn't have to sell players to strengthen the team because the reality is we probably do and when people offer silly money for a player who we only paid about £4-5m for a couple of years ago you should take it, reinvest and strengthen - like we did with Rooney. I shudder to think where we would be if we hadn't sold him.

Utd have sold Ronaldo, their best player, AC Milan have sold Kaka so I don't think we should be too precious about selling Lescott when the money is too good to refuse.

edit: it just occurred to me that if we do sell Lescott then we lose our cover for LB as well, now that does make Moyes decision a little trickier - I suppose Neville could fill in if necessary but it's not ideal and may just put Moyes off the idea of selling Lescott as it may mean we need to get an extra CB and LB. It depends on how much City are willing to spend I suppose.

Edited by carlmc25

£20m and Micah Richards and I'd let him go. I think that's the minimum we should hold out for. They have infinite money and Lescott is 10 times the player Glenn Johnson is (who went for £17.5m).

We need a right back for starters and £20m added to any existing budget could drastically strengthen the team.

It would be reluctant but I think it would benefit the team more.

Imagine what Moyes could do with £30-35m this summer...

Guest efctaxi
£20m and Micah Richards and I'd let him go. I think that's the minimum we should hold out for. They have infinite money and Lescott is 10 times the player Glenn Johnson is (who went for £17.5m).

We need a right back for starters and £20m added to any existing budget could drastically strengthen the team.

It would be reluctant but I think it would benefit the team more.

Imagine what Moyes could do with £30-35m this summer...

£20mill + Richards ? :lol:

To be honest, I think £15m cash would be too hard for the club to resist if we are as cash-strapped as we all think we are. If you think about the model we are using to move forward, it is based on cashing in on an asset and then reinvesting that money for 2 or 3 other players and bringing them on.

I would hate to lose Lescott, or indeed many of our players, but at £15m I sense it may be a decent deal (lets not forget that prior to coming to us he had some bad injury problems that could re-appear). I suspect that he will want to go and double his wages and indeed play for a side that is clearly able to make a very big push for the top 4 by buying their way into it..

If he goes, he goes with my good wishes.

I'll stick pins in my Moyes dolls eyes if he sells him for £15 million .

I understand the desire to keep Joleon and don't get me wrong, I share it. But stick pins in a Moyes doll if he sells a CB for 3 times figure he paid for him having had a couple of good seasons service for him? It is the newspapers that are pedalling silly money figures for players at this time of year - do we really think he is worth more than that? If he's worth £20m then what price for Vidic?

Guest efctaxi
I understand the desire to keep Joleon and don't get me wrong, I share it. But stick pins in a Moyes doll if he sells a CB for 3 times figure he paid for him having had a couple of good seasons service for him? It is the newspapers that are pedalling silly money figures for players at this time of year - do we really think he is worth more than that? If he's worth £20m then what price for Vidic?

This is City money we're talking about .

£1 is the equivalent to two City coins :)

tbh, i think if we can get 15+ we have to take it. IMO joleon is a quality player but i think CB is a position we have good cover for. we are sadly lacking quality in midfield & up front so reinvesting the lescott money in 1 of them positions would be good business.

tbh, i think if we can get 15+ we have to take it. IMO joleon is a quality player but i think CB is a position we have good cover for. we are sadly lacking quality in midfield & up front so reinvesting the lescott money in 1 of them positions would be good business.

Jags WILL NOT be back before NOVEMBER so how do we have "good cover"

dunne or richards are both shit............ I would have no confidence at all in a Yobo Dunne/Richard partnership..

Edited by DangerMouse

i didnt say he would be back soon. but once hes back, we will 3-4 top quality CB's. & 1 maybe 2 good midfielders and the same up front. if we dont have money to buy without selling then lescott will have to go to fund improving our midfield.

Though it would make more sense to wait till january, ill admit that :)

Edited by Sickboy

i didnt say he would be back soon. but once hes back, we will 3-4 top quality CB's. & 1 maybe 2 good midfielders and the same up front. if we dont have money to buy without selling then lescott will have to go to fund improving our midfield.

Though it would make more sense to wait till january, ill admit that :)

We have 3 CB in total, Selling Lescott leaves us with 2 an one is injured, plz tell me who these 4 are