IGNORED

Don't Expect Any Signings Until At Least July..

I'm not sure if any of you caught it, but I really found Lars Jacobsen's response on skysports to be insightful about all the transfer rumors we've been hearing....

They are complete and utter shite.

You see, Jacobsen is ready to sign a new contract with Everton. And per his agent (which I do believe), Everton would like to have Jacobsen back.

His agent and Jacobsen said some very revealing comments that has me not getting my hopes up until July. Per Skysports:

"Everton wish to renew the contract...There will be no contact, though, until the start of July." -Jacobsen's Agent

"I am really happy at Everton, but we will have to wait for people to get back from their holidays before we can sort anything out."

So despite the Naughton and Huddlestone rumors (like so many in the past), I don't think they have an ounce of truth. If they did, then Jacobsen would've been signed already.

Thoughts?

Guest efctaxi

It would be nice to think all our dealings are already done , and boxes ticked with fees agreed .

Moyes and co need a holiday , and so do the fans , so perhaps the hard work has already taken place .

It would be nice , but we're Everton , and history implies that won't be the case . :lol:

You Will probably find that Moysie DOES hands over his transfer targets and yes... to an extent says..... here you go Mr chairman.... get me them....

Its a bit harder if the players your after are on holiday as they have to physically sign..... otherwise there agents do all the legwork

Edited by DangerMouse

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everto...534-24000112/2/

That rules out, among others, Tottenham pair Alan Hutton and Tom Huddlestone, Reading’s Kevin Doyle and Atletico Madrid’s Jose Antonio Reyes. good

Moyes has always aimed to buy players whose best years are in front of them and, if possible, for them to be young and British. I agree

High on his list of possibles this summer, then, are Leeds midfielder Fabian Delph, Sheffield United’s flying full-back Kyle Naughton and Joe Ledley of Cardiff City. All 3 please!

A move for Cameroon international Stephane M’Bia – who came close to moving to Goodison 12 months ago – is also being seriously considered. Hopefully.

No movement is expected until Moyes returns to work from his summer break in the next few days but once that happens the pace will pick up. I'm excited!

Lars Jacobsen

Joe Ledley

Kyle Naughton

Fabian Delph

Stephanie M'Bia

Stephen Hunt

Micheal Owen

Let's get all these^ contracted to Everton, they would improve our team so much. I know that I probably glamourise Owen more than I should but I really think that he would be an excellent addition to the team. And even though Lars is still here, he is out of contract, it is essential that he stays at Goodison Park. Hibbert is going to have to have some competition or play back up, either way Lars needs to remain blue.

Lars Jacobsen

Joe Ledley

Kyle Naughton

Fabian Delph

Stephanie M'Bia

Stephen Hunt

Micheal Owen

Let's get all these^ contracted to Everton, they would improve our team so much. I know that I probably glamourise Owen more than I should but I really think that he would be an excellent addition to the team. And even though Lars is still here, he is out of contract, it is essential that he stays at Goodison Park. Hibbert is going to have to have some competition or play back up, either way Lars needs to remain blue.

yes

no

yes

yes

yes

no

maybe

No one will agree but i'm fed up of us going in for players that don't have experience at this level.

Naughton - Will he go strait into the team and take Hibbert or Neville out the team? No. 5 Million+

Ledley - I know I wouldnt want to rely on Joe Ledley on the wing in europe. 6 Million +

Delph - Good prospect but all these championship players are becoming to overpriced for what they are. 6 Million +

Jacobsen has been ok but what would be the point signing him and Naughton as we already have Neville and Hibbert and they wont be getting sold.

Owen - No Thank You.

Hunt - Nothing better than Simon Davies who has already failed here. 5 million +

Buying all them players would probably cost 25 million + and none of them would be better than what we have.

I wouldnt mind Delph for his potential, but none of these are going to go strait into our team and set the world on fire, we should be going for players who are better or on the same level of our current team. Like the Mbia's, Defours etc..

We do need squad players I know but what would be the point in getting Hunt for 5 million when it could go towards someone alot better.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Guest blueboy122

i feel that everton do not have enough money to go out and buy squad players as the players listed above would be in my opinion (with blue4ever on this one btw those player would not greatly enhance the squad in performance) the money we do have MUST be spent on improving the current playing staff as are rivals, villa city etc will be improving there squads greatly

im dissapointed we didnt go for doyle at 6'5 million hed have bagged at least double figures with us and im sure he will for wolves....i can only think we are bringing owen in instead which is a gamble...i see weve learned nothing from having injury prone players lets keep our fingers crossed owen can stay fit.

That's a big assumption about Owen - its not a case of it must be Doyle or Owen.

im sure if man u hadnt come in he would have ended up with everton....our top targets are slipping away rapidly.

Davey Moyes shopping list:

Ledley

Moutinho

Owen - United

Berg

Naughton

M'bia - OM

Mancienne (loan)

:(

Edited by tenaciousj

10 days in and Moyes has signed Peterlin...amazing.

Moyes needs to act faster, the board needs to give him his money for the summer now, otherwise all our targets (those realistic and unrealistic) will be off to other clubs.

Wish List (Assuming takeover by multi-trillionaire saudi)

Villa

Vidic

Moutinho (finally Moyes would have the money to get his boy)

Defour

M'Bia (cuz then we'd be a big club)

Jo (permanent)

Naughton

10 days in and Moyes has signed Peterlin...amazing.

Moyes needs to act faster, the board needs to give him his money for the summer now, otherwise all our targets (those realistic and unrealistic) will be off to other clubs.

Wish List (Assuming takeover by multi-trillionaire saudi)

Villa

Vidic

Moutinho (finally Moyes would have the money to get his boy)

Defour

M'Bia (cuz then we'd be a big club)

Jo (permanent)

Naughton

would you realy include Jo in your list if we had a multi-trillionaire owner and also brought in Villa? I definately wouldn't.

M'Bia i've never seen play so wouldn't know.

yeah I would. no need for the trillionaire football interest to detract from his medical funding. And besides I happen to think Jo will do fantastically this year if he's paired with Saha (also hoping that Saha stays fit). I can't really see Jo and Yak meshing well, but who knows, Moyes tends to be right where I am wrong.

Also, why the hell hasn't this supposed multi-trillionaire invented a time machine so we can snatch up Maradona, Pele and the Kaiser? Mustn't be too bright that one.

living in Glasgow there is a fair bit of talk here that Everton are close to signing Scott McDonald from Celtic has anyone else heard this story going around ??

Personally i think he'd be a waste of money sure he gets a share of Goals in the SPL but dont think he'd cut it in the EPL

a better prospect IMO is the boy McCormack from Cardiff or even take a gamble on Amir Zaki ??

living in Glasgow there is a fair bit of talk here that Everton are close to signing Scott McDonald from Celtic has anyone else heard this story going around ??

Personally i think he'd be a waste of money sure he gets a share of Goals in the SPL but dont think he'd cut it in the EPL

a better prospect IMO is the boy McCormack from Cardiff or even take a gamble on Amir Zaki ??

I hope that's a load of bollocks coz he's shite.

Interesting quote from Steve Round on the OS regarding transfer targets maybe we could still pull off a surprise and sign someone decent

Now Round has revealed a number of potential targets for the summer's transfer window were first identified ahead of the 2008/09 campaign.

He also promised the Blues would continue to scour the market during the Club's upcoming tour of Canada and America, insisting preparations for friendlies against the MLS-All Stars and River Plate would not delay potential transfers from being completed.

"The search goes on, of course it does," he told evertonTV. "We're hoping to sign players this transfer window that we were targetting two transfer windows ago.

I have to agree there. I've seen a bit of him playing for the Aussies against frankly 2nd class opposition and he couldn't cut it then. Been subbed more times than should really be expected of a decent player.

A real criticism of the standard of the SPL if you ask me.

about Scott McDonald i dont rate this guy either i watch alot of the SPL and dont se the fuss about him at all, he looks over weight and dis interested when things arent going his way.!

i'd sooner if we were after a striker from the SPL that we took a gamble on Boyd of Rangers he seems to score goals for fun regardless of how well Rangers are or aren't playing.

ideally we would be looking at a better market than both these players though i'd like to think a club like Everton could attract better standard of striker i'd push the boat out and go for Huntelaar now he seems to be surplus to requirements at Real Madrid.