Sign in to follow this  
flaminfox

Jacobsen To Blackburn

Its a done deal then. This means we MUST have a replacement RB because I know that Moyes loves Hibbert for some reason but he must see the problem in that position. He has said we need squad players, surely someone must be coming in? Naughton? M'Bia? Hopefully pretty soon. Sad to see him go but good luck to Jacobsen anyway.

Something must be in the pipeline because we need a bigger squad than ever before, I agree that Naughton may be the next incoming player, just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi

Big sam must be patting himself on the back right now .

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi
wonder how much we got for him?

He was free

jacobson wasnt good enough.

Bollocks! He was a good, solid internationally rated defender. He didn't get a good spell with us because of injury. When he did get games, be looked the goods and made Hibbert look like what he is - a poor excuse for a fullback and deffo not up to Prem standard. Hibbert must be Moyes' love-child or maybe knows something for Moyes to have so much faith in him.

I too am gutted over Jacobsen leaving, Moyes must have someone up his sleeve to be so sure that Jacobsen can be replaced. I just hope it doesn't go like last season when we ended up struggling to field an experienced side early on.

With the way the fixture list has shaped up, all those early games against theoretically lesser opposition could go the same way they did last season if we don't get up to speed early - badly. Just imagine had we picked up even a point against those sides early on how different last season could have been!

At least it confirms we will be buying a right back just depends on what calibre: Unproven championship player (Naughton), ageing but experienced international (Miguel) or a seasoned premiership right back (Taylor).

Agreed!!!!! or maybe we just got GAZUMPED!!!!

At least it confirms we will be buying a right back just depends on what calibre: Unproven championship player (Naughton), ageing but experienced international (Miguel) or a seasoned premiership right back (Taylor).

That's the bright side of it.

I would have kept jacobson, i don't understand what blackburn has the offer that we can't offer him.

relegetion battle?

Signing Jacobsen would have been ideal. It'd have given us an improved RB and wouldn't have cost us anything so we could have concentrated on other areas of the side. Hopefully it does mean we'll be bringing someone in because Hibbert as first choice RB should not even be considered.

i still dont rate jacobson he was no more than a squad player.....lets see how it works out next season at blackburn.

Even if that's the case it's still bad for us; that's one less squad player from an already embarrassingly small squad.