IGNORED

Transfer Disappointments Yet Again?

The fact it was downing is irrelevant really it shows them trying to build after losing barry our current foray into the market is to bring back a player we already had on loan.

You mean they wasted 10 mil on a player that crap, will score 5 goals max, an injured till christmas, an has a better player already playing in his postion, where we got a player on loan who score over 10 goals an is fully fit an will make our starting line up...Think before you speak.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adpom.... seen a few of your replies and you seem to be quite narky with people. I have thought before I have spoken. Your opinion maybe downing is not very good however martin O'neil Fabio Capello and david moyes who tried to sign him obviously rate him. The actual player signed is almost irrelevant what I am trying to show is that clubs around us are making high expenditure signings and we are not. If it's true we have no money then Bill must have known this for months previous to now and therefore moyes should have been told and then had loans and free's lined up. Why don't you read posts before you type. Trying debating with your mind rather than throughing in cheap jibes that are aimed to get a reaction.

My name is Stewart Lowe and ive been an Everton fan since 1982, so long enough to remember all the good times we have had as well as the many bad. Since David Moyes took over ack in 2002 i have waited with baited breath as to what i have always believed would be our eventual if not imminent rise back to the top where we belong. The first point i would like to make is that i honestly believe that the system and structure we have in place at Everton is both second to none and a method that im sure would take us to the top without the financial muscle of the big 4. So called lesser players can be brought to Goodison and quadruple in value. This is not because they have suddenly become massively better players, but because they have been put into a system that functions as a single working unit. Only then is a players true value realised. There are only a hand full of teams in the country that have such a system in place that works and they are Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, aswell as our own. Now my second point is that, despite our rise to 5th in what was a shocking start to the season and the unfancied ride towards the FA cup final, we have not made a single signing to bolster our squad. That both frustrates and annoys me. For relatively financially poor premiership club, we need to add 1-2 class players per season to progress, as we dont have the funds to do a big 4 (also Man City) transfer job. WE were supposed to be interested in Cana but Sunderland got in there and took him to the north east. We were odds on to get the Kyle lads but once word of this got out, up came Tottenham to steal them away. I actually think that Naughton would have been the best right back since Ashley Cole. We are supposedly interested in Rasmus Elm but we have heard nothing from that either and now Fulham and Liverpool have thrown their hats into the ring. We are the weakest club when it comes to transfer activity. We are the best once we have got them and developed them into that single unit, but we are the weakest and most dithering at trying to seal them. Moyes has just come out saying that he needs to bolster and especially a central defender but we will wait until they become available. What the hell does that mean. Firstly, you have to make things happen and not sit around waiting for agents to say players want to move on and would you be interested. Come the final day of t he seaon we will all be waiting for something to happen and Moyes / Kenwright will make 3-4 signings that have no chance of breaking through beyond stocking filler signings, only to be released at the end of the year when their loan runs out. After Nash, Castillo, Jacobsen, we only really bought Fellaini, and he is still only potential level. So come on Moyes and Kenwright, less of the crap dithering served up to us for the 3rd year running, when and who are we really going to sign cause at the close of season thi year, the smallest squad in the premiership just got a lot smaller.

My name is Stewart Lowe and ive been an Everton fan since 1982, so long enough to remember all the good times we have had as well as the many bad. Since David Moyes took over ack in 2002 i have waited with baited breath as to what i have always believed would be our eventual if not imminent rise back to the top where we belong. The first point i would like to make is that i honestly believe that the system and structure we have in place at Everton is both second to none and a method that im sure would take us to the top without the financial muscle of the big 4. So called lesser players can be brought to Goodison and quadruple in value. This is not because they have suddenly become massively better players, but because they have been put into a system that functions as a single working unit. Only then is a players true value realised. There are only a hand full of teams in the country that have such a system in place that works and they are Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, aswell as our own. Now my second point is that, despite our rise to 5th in what was a shocking start to the season and the unfancied ride towards the FA cup final, we have not made a single signing to bolster our squad. That both frustrates and annoys me. For relatively financially poor premiership club, we need to add 1-2 class players per season to progress, as we dont have the funds to do a big 4 (also Man City) transfer job. WE were supposed to be interested in Cana but Sunderland got in there and took him to the north east. We were odds on to get the Kyle lads but once word of this got out, up came Tottenham to steal them away. I actually think that Naughton would have been the best right back since Ashley Cole. We are supposedly interested in Rasmus Elm but we have heard nothing from that either and now Fulham and Liverpool have thrown their hats into the ring. We are the weakest club when it comes to transfer activity. We are the best once we have got them and developed them into that single unit, but we are the weakest and most dithering at trying to seal them. Moyes has just come out saying that he needs to bolster and especially a central defender but we will wait until they become available. What the hell does that mean. Firstly, you have to make things happen and not sit around waiting for agents to say players want to move on and would you be interested. Come the final day of t he seaon we will all be waiting for something to happen and Moyes / Kenwright will make 3-4 signings that have no chance of breaking through beyond stocking filler signings, only to be released at the end of the year when their loan runs out. After Nash, Castillo, Jacobsen, we only really bought Fellaini, and he is still only potential level. So come on Moyes and Kenwright, less of the crap dithering served up to us for the 3rd year running, when and who are we really going to sign cause at the close of season thi year, the smallest squad in the premiership just got a lot smaller.

brilliant you should send that into everton

Adpom.... seen a few of your replies and you seem to be quite narky with people. I have thought before I have spoken. Your opinion maybe downing is not very good however martin O'neil Fabio Capello and david moyes who tried to sign him obviously rate him. The actual player signed is almost irrelevant what I am trying to show is that clubs around us are making high expenditure signings and we are not. If it's true we have no money then Bill must have known this for months previous to now and therefore moyes should have been told and then had loans and free's lined up. Why don't you read posts before you type. Trying debating with your mind rather than throughing in cheap jibes that are aimed to get a reaction.

You really don't get it do you, your saying Villa are showing potentional because they spent 10 mil on a player, but that 10 mil has gone to waste on that player, so in effect they WASTED 10 mil, 10mil on a player that won't make there starting xi till christmas an thats only if Ashley Young is injured. what it shows me is that villa don't really have a clue who they want or what to pay.

Do you really want us to go out an buy someone for 10 mil that won't make our starting xi? as Villa have done

You really don't get it do you, your saying Villa are showing potentional because they spent 10 mil on a player, but that 10 mil has gone to waste on that player, so in effect they WASTED 10 mil, 10mil on a player that won't make there starting xi till christmas an thats only if Ashley Young is injured. what it shows me is that villa don't really have a clue who they want or what to pay.

Do you really want us to go out an buy someone for 10 mil that won't make our starting xi? as Villa have done

Your whole point is based on your opinion of downing I dont't rate him but villa do and they were 4th for alot of last season. Obvioulsy I don't want us to waste 10 mil but I would rather see us making headway in the market than noen at all.

i think your dont get it mate.

downing might not be as good a left winger as ashley young, but its no good just having 11 players. look around villas squad, when all fit they have downing young milner and agbonlahor who can play on the wings. they can use more than one formation. they are expanding their squad with players that are proven in the premier league. they also have a small squad, i think for 10m downing will be a good long term signing for them. but like others i dont rate him, but thats a good price in todays market and he is a good player.

i think your dont get it mate.

downing might not be as good a left winger as ashley young, but its no good just having 11 players. look around villas squad, when all fit they have downing young milner and agbonlahor who can play on the wings. they can use more than one formation. they are expanding their squad with players that are proven in the premier league. they also have a small squad, i think for 10m downing will be a good long term signing for them. but like others i dont rate him, but thats a good price in todays market and he is a good player.

Totally agree, Adpom Downing will not sit on the bench when he's fit due to Ashley Young O'neill will mould him into Barry's replacement as he did with Barry years ago who started out for Villa as a defender then on the LW. I dont rate him like most but i can actually see him becoming a decent central midfielder with his range and in some ways is very similar to Barry so as Stevo said in todays market £10m is not bad money.

Welcome Stewartlowe4 sorry to say im with Mike on this one i don't agree on many of your points and Ashley cole is a left back :P

Hull are not a big club but they understand the importance of moving forward and cementing what they acheived last season we however are not trying to build but we ae stuggling to stand still. I hate all these doo gooders who want to be positive the curet situation is far from positive it can be masked by massive overachievment on the pitch but in reality our club is in a pretty crappy state and i honestly think without spending money we will be back to relegation fights in two years.

I have seen the interview with Moyes, Neville and Howard and for me if im honest, they really dont look happy at all. For a team who is delighted to be in the US and has been treated to great hospitality, when interviewed they look very unhappy. I think its evident from their body language and when asked about progress, you can tell that they look cheesed off that they have not made any additions to the squad. If the so called lesser teams of birmingham, Fulham, Sunderland have spent big so far this season, why hasnt an Everton who attributed the most premiership money behind the big 4? Add the fact that they reached an FA cup final and also a 32m contract from shirt manufacturers and you can see when not spending a bean this summer is rattling many Evertonians.

Thats because until we find new investors we will remain a small club by todays standards

I really dont understand your logic in you keep calling us a small club? We have a small amount of funds to spend on players nothing more nothing less we have a rich history a good all round fan base considering we play second fiddle to the shite in terms of world wide branding and a great set of players who cemented 5th spot in the best league in the world for a second successive season, I dont think we are a "big" club but to consider us a small club because we dont have shit loads of money and sold ourselves out to some rich Arab is short sighted.

I have seen the interview with Moyes, Neville and Howard and for me if im honest, they really dont look happy at all. For a team who is delighted to be in the US and has been treated to great hospitality, when interviewed they look very unhappy. I think its evident from their body language and when asked about progress, you can tell that they look cheesed off that they have not made any additions to the squad. If the so called lesser teams of birmingham, Fulham, Sunderland have spent big so far this season, why hasnt an Everton who attributed the most premiership money behind the big 4? Add the fact that they reached an FA cup final and also a 32m contract from shirt manufacturers and you can see when not spending a bean this summer is rattling many Evertonians.

I also noticed that the reporters were told that they were not allowed to ask any questions about our transfer policy!

I really dont understand your logic in you keep calling us a small club? We have a small amount of funds to spend on players nothing more nothing less we have a rich history a good all round fan base considering we play second fiddle to the shite in terms of world wide branding and a great set of players who cemented 5th spot in the best league in the world for a second successive season, I dont think we are a "big" club but to consider us a small club because we dont have shit loads of money and sold ourselves out to some rich Arab is short sighted.

Yes we have got a fanatastic history but that counts for nothing in todays game. Football is now a business and we do not have the resources to compete with most other clubs in the Premiership and thats why I say we are now a small club

The infrestrucure is there for us to take our place among the big boys but thats not going to happen if we cant find any major investment

Its no good having a good all round fan base if we are not getting the crowds, take a look at the average attendances in the Pemiership and we are distinctly mid table

Im a merber of the official Everton website and i try to leave comments on a regular basis. What ive noticed i that if you mock, disagree, or even question Everton in any way, they are not shown on the site. It is an extremly bias website that only allows comments such as, "well dones Moyes, youll come good in the end" or, "come on you blues" or, "good luck to the lads come the new season" etc. As much as id like to say all those things and mean them, the real feeling of the fans and the dismal transfer policy isnt mentioned, so is a very unbalanced opinion.

Here are my suggestions for David Moyes in this summers transfer market

1: Jephon Moller

2: Nathan Drinkwater

3: olaf Inkner

4: Isaac Onuuan

5: Idan Ostran

Then release all of them after a comined 17 first team and / or reserve games under their belt. Then use the same first teamers we have had for the last 3 years whilst all other teams make a move on 5th place.

Arent i the cynic.

Im a merber of the official Everton website and i try to leave comments on a regular basis. What ive noticed i that if you mock, disagree, or even question Everton in any way, they are not shown on the site. It is an extremly bias website that only allows comments such as, "well dones Moyes, youll come good in the end" or, "come on you blues" or, "good luck to the lads come the new season" etc. As much as id like to say all those things and mean them, the real feeling of the fans and the dismal transfer policy isnt mentioned, so is a very unbalanced opinion.

Patently not true. Took me thirty seconds to find...

"Be realistic people. We will not break into the big four. The current squad is not capable. We have not signed anyone to help us progress and we probably won't."

Shaun Brennan. http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/freddie-sees-big-4-breach.html

Yes we have got a fanatastic history but that counts for nothing in todays game. Football is now a business and we do not have the resources to compete with most other clubs in the Premiership and thats why I say we are now a small club

The infrestrucure is there for us to take our place among the big boys but thats not going to happen if we cant find any major investment

Its no good having a good all round fan base if we are not getting the crowds, take a look at the average attendances in the Pemiership and we are distinctly mid table

So if a rich arab brought us, would that make us a big club?

Money doesn't guarntee success, look at the bar code, bigger stadium then us, a billionaire boss an they got relagated.

So if a rich arab brought us, would that make us a big club?

Money doesn't guarntee success, look at the bar code, bigger stadium then us, a billionaire boss an they got relagated.

But, they had shite for a manager. Moyes is brilliant. I would love some investment...not to be filthy disgustingly rich.

To be able to sign a 2-3 5-8mil players a summer and one big (15-20mil) player plus a loan here and there would be utter bliss. It

would do wonders for the start of our season, for squad morale in the pre-season, and most importantly give Moyes and our big names

a reason to stay. Honestly, I agree with the thread asking the question why some of our big names are not requesting a transfer.

I'm happy they're not, but most of them could increase their wages and head to a club that shows its ambition both on and off the

pitch. Our ambition is clear on the pitch and is larger and stronger than most, but off the pitch it seems the board doesn't give a

flying fluck.

But, they had shite for a manager. Moyes is brilliant. I would love some investment...not to be filthy disgustingly rich.

To be able to sign a 2-3 5-8mil players a summer and one big (15-20mil) player plus a loan here and there would be utter bliss.

The thing is, if we had the money to sign 2-3 5-8mil players a summer even that would be a pleasing thought.. a transfer budget around say 15-20 mil a season without us having to sell players to reach this would do wonders if Moyes could continue to work his magic. The problem is, we don't even seem to have that much, add to that the inflated transfer sums and we don't really have a chance to compete in the market.

The thing is, if we had the money to sign 2-3 5-8mil players a summer even that would be a pleasing thought.. a transfer budget around say 15-20 mil a season without us having to sell players to reach this would do wonders if Moyes could continue to work his magic. The problem is, we don't even seem to have that much, add to that the inflated transfer sums and we don't really have a chance to compete in the market.

I don'thonestly understand how other clubs can pay the prices and we can't 2 or 3 5 mil players is now a massive ask.

People may be forgetting that you also have wages to pay....with every new contract a club offers their players, the wage inevitably increases - a bit like a normal employees annual standard inflation increase. The wage bill increases season after season and so when thinking about how much money the club has, this has to be taken into consideration before even thinking about how much we can spend on transfers and their wages.....I suspect that this is where our money has gone this year - new contracts for Yobo, Cahill, Arteta and (hopefully) pienaar....add on to that the overinflated transfer prices because of Real Madrid and Man City - 9 millon for a championship striker (Martins)?????

Its simple maths........ if you can assume we may have 15-20m to spend... How far can we reasonably spread it?

Your post says nothing to me. How can you assume we have 15 20 mil when you have already slated people for geuessing what our budget is.

IF we did have 15 - 20 to spend then we could spread it but at the moment we have spent nothing so what the hell is your point. Sorry just off to make some McNuggets.

Your post says nothing to me. How can you assume we have 15 20 mil when you have already slated people for geuessing what our budget is.

IF we did have 15 - 20 to spend then we could spread it but at the moment we have spent nothing so what the hell is your point. Sorry just off to make some McNuggets.

The point im making you brain dead burger flipper IS if I A.S.U.M.E that we have 20m and that is PROBABLY on the high side.... do you get where Im going with this.....duh!!!!

then if 20m will not go between 5 or 6 players........... is it sinking in yet

would it not be harder with LESS MONEY....................

MAKING IT HARDER TO SPEND 6M PLUS MEGA WAGES ON AN UNPROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER. IE KNAUGHTON as you keep pointing out

ffs