IGNORED

Transfer Disappointments Yet Again?

At this moment in time i would settle for Stephen Hunt who is currently going for £4m, and switch pienaar to the right. And maybe Justin Hoyte also £4m from Boro, sure they would jump at the chance of staying in the prem. So to improve our squad numbers and give us more options it would not take us an awful lot of money.

Am also thinking that maybe Seamus Coleman will be on the bench more this season to cover either fullback position.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this moment in time i would settle for Stephen Hunt who is currently going for £4m, and switch pienaar to the right. And maybe Justin Hoyte also £4m from Boro, sure they would jump at the chance of staying in the prem. So to improve our squad numbers and give us more options it would not take us an awful lot of money.

Am also thinking that maybe Seamus Coleman will be on the bench more this season to cover either fullback position.

So just being picky and picking up on one of your posts in another thread........ bare in mind you seem to know how much Hunt is worth...(ok prob from a paper) what if Sunderland offer £6m.... should we match their offer? Or would that mean were skint...

Edited by DangerMouse

So just being picky and picking up on one of your posts in another thread........ bare in mind you seem to know how much Hunt is worth...(ok prob from a paper) what if Sunderland offer £6m.... should we match their offer? Or would that mean were skint...

If we wanted the player we should offer the same fee and the same wages, thats whats called being on an even keel, as i have said if we did we would win every time, but if we dont do that, there was no point in trying to sign him in the first place.

I dont know why you keep referring to the club being skint, i have never mentioned it, your first reply was the first time it was mentioned.

QUOTE..Everton offer what they think the player is worth...I think your getting that mixed up with..."what we can afford" & your thinking were skint....

In fact all of your replies have been difficult to understand and you've mentioned it in every post since. ???

If we wanted the player we should offer the same fee and the same wages, thats whats called being on an even keel, if we dont do that, there was no point in trying to sign him in the first place.

I dont know why you keep referring to the club being skint, i have never mentioned it, your first reply was the first time it was mentioned.

QUOTE..Everton offer what they think the player is worth...I think your getting that mixed up with..."what we can afford" & your thinking were skint....

In fact all of your replies have been difficult to understand and you've mentioned it in every post since. ???

Maybe your having difficulties understanding my replys because you dont seem to understand the concept of "value for money"..... you seem to think that we should throw all sorts of money at someone because someone else does......

If you dont understand my argument im not even going to bother.......

I pretty much agree with this assessment the only additional comments I would make would be the level they should be at.

I think RB needs to be first team starter so 6 Mil

Left back needs ot be cover so young potential 3 mil

CB really needs to challenge so 5 mil

creative mid not 100% we need this position but based on defour price 15 mil

DM I think with neville fellani and rodwell this is covered so not required

RW This is the most important and we need someone at the level of downing 10 mil perhaps.thats a good 30 mil + worth of spending.

I still think defence is our priority

Does it not worry you that we are about to enter a season in which we could play 50+ games and we only have 2 CBs . It worries me that should either be sold/injured/suspended then we are going to have to rely on an untried teenager to play week in week out?

A RW is a nicety defenders are neccesity

Maybe your having difficulties understanding my replys because you dont seem to understand the concept of "value for money"..... you seem to think that we should throw all sorts of money at someone because someone else does......

If you dont understand my argument im not even going to bother.......

At the end of the day value for money is what someone is willing to pay.

People was on about not paying £5 for a coke but if every shop sold it at that price people would pay it.

People moan about the price of petrol and its not worth it but people still buy it.

The days where a player went to a club for football reasons and for the love of a club have long gone.

Football is a business and the players are just employees looking at earning as much money in a short carrer

Im in the camp that think we need to concentrate on defence....our Major priority is RB...hibbo just isn't good enough- justin hoyte was a good call (ex arsenal) but maybe there are others.....Our second priority has to be CB - Lescott may be sold, Yobo is a bit sloppy at times and will be off to African cup in Jan so we need to get cover while Jags is out - a loan deal for an experienced player would do. Maybe then we can look at the likes of Elm, hunt, jenas, bentley??? 3 players for not much money (bentley excluded)

At the end of the day value for money is what someone is willing to pay.

People was on about not paying £5 for a coke but if every shop sold it at that price people would pay it.

People moan about the price of petrol and its not worth it but people still buy it.

The days where a player went to a club for football reasons and for the love of a club have long gone.

Football is a business and the players are just employees looking at earning as much money in a short carrer

No Id go and buy Cola off someone else for 50p Why buy "Coke" if Cola will do

I dont buy petrol because I want to... I HAVE to!!!!!!!!

Edited by DangerMouse

Yes that is worrying. What is also worrying is there is no mention of improving the right :blink: .

Hooray Ive found someone who agrees with me that the right isnt a priority we need to sort a CB & LB first, Oh he is some fella called David Moyes!

David Moyes has outlined his plans for his summer spending and has highlighted a central defender and potentially a new left-back too.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

No Id go and buy Cola off someone else for 50p Why buy "Coke" if Cola will do

I dont buy petrol because I want to... I HAVE to!!!!!!!!

DangerMouse no offence but your missing the point it seems on purpose!!!

What a few people are trying to say is if teams are wiling to pay 7 million for cana and offer him 50k a week then that is what everton have to do to get that level of player because that is what the market dictates he is worth.

I agree with you we could go and buy a "COLA" level player for 50p but then the quality of our football will fall and we will be relegated.

You can keep harping on about teams like sunderland paying over the odds but these players are choosing to go to these clubs over everton and therefore these clubs are getting better and we are not.

Hooray Ive found someone who agrees with me that the right isnt a priority we need to sort a CB & LB first, Oh he is some fella called David Moyes!

David Moyes has outlined his plans for his summer spending and has highlighted a central defender and potentially a new left-back too.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

Obviously our defence will need bolstering due to injuries but if we had a fully fit squad a RW & RB would be top priority and for me it is now aswell as are the mentioned positions, We are dire down the right and we where exposed many a time that it was painfully obvious.

We realisticly need to cover are entire backline and we do need a RW'er and a new starting RB if we are to offer anymore attacking options to what we have now we need to score goals aswell as keep them out.

Obviously our defence will need bolstering due to injuries but if we had a fully fit squad a RW & RB would be top priority and for me it is now aswell as are the mentioned positions, We are dire down the right and we where exposed many a time that it was painfully obvious.

We realisticly need to cover are entire backline and we do need a RW'er and a new starting RB if we are to offer anymore attacking options to what we have now we need to score goals aswell as keep them out.

Thats fighting talk...... maybe we shoulf fuck Moysie off then and get EFC paul in as our new manager :lol:

Edited by DangerMouse

You dont buy petrol cos you want to you have to is my point.

If Everton want these players then they HAVE to offer what other clubs are going to offer or at least.

If Sunderlad or any club in the premier league offers more money than Everton then I would say that 90% of the time a player will go there instead of Everton.

With contracts not being worth anything now a days all a player has to do is get seen by any team and they have a chance of moving onto a better team. Look at Valencia last season now joined Untined.

M'Bia has said it when he mentioned all the teams he wanted to play for they were all going to be stepping stone.

Adam .. M'Bia has said it when he mentioned all the teams he wanted to play for they were all going to be stepping stones.

Yes and i would like those stepping stones to lead to Everton, the 5th best team in the best league in the world, and average players are shunning us. There has to be something not right about our transfer strategy, we deserve to get the better players ahead of anybody outside the "big 4", please sort out the problem before we start going backwards.

I fear with Danager Mouse it is a losing battle it's a different opinion and fair enough.

This thread is all about frustation and that is how I feel now and exactly how I felt this time last year. We may bring in several players and have a similar season like last year however it will be against the odds. If the transfer period goes like it has the last few we will move backwards and we will lose moyes and be back to where we were 10 years ago.

With moyes at the helm we have a real chance of cracking the top 4 so surely bill needs to get better at finding investment because we will never have as good a launch pad as we currently have.

Adam .. M'Bia has said it when he mentioned all the teams he wanted to play for they were all going to be stepping stones.

Yes and i would like those stepping stones to lead to Everton, the 5th best team in the best league in the world, and average players are shunning us. There has to be something not right about our transfer strategy, we deserve to get the better players ahead of anybody outside the "big 4", please sort out the problem before we start going backwards.

I agree Bill and I beleive that we could struggle this season with teams around us improving there team and our team is no better than last season and less players.

What annoyed me last night when I heard that Cana had signed for Sunderland was that yesterday i think was the first time they had been linked with the player.

They get him to go where they are tour and sign him in a day.

Now not saying they only started there interest in him yesterday but we have been linked with him for the past 3 weeks and nothing happens they manage to sort everything out in what seems a day

....we have been linked with him for the past 3 weeks and nothing happens...

We've been linked in the press.

All of this depression about us "losing" players (Naughton aside) is based on the assumption that everything written in the papers is true.

Holding my nerve here....too much knee-jerk panicking going on for me. Harden the fuck up lads :D !

But I thought that Cana had said himself that we were interested in him if that is the case its the same as the Sweedish guy so if we dont get him is that not the same.

I know what you saying thats its only press talk but if nearly every paper is saying it surely there must be some truth

A lot of these types of stories are bandied about in order to get the papers to print it. Some 'agents' are experts at getting stuff into the media.

Stories with 'Looking at' 'Considering an offer' or similar phrases should be taken with a pinch of salt unless the club themselves confirm it.

Now if they said things like 'Has signed for'

Such as "Kaka has signed for Everton on a free after punching Ronaldo's lights out at real Madrid." I would most certainly believe it, simply because I would love the story, true or not.

But seriously, until a story is confirmed by the club, don't be too ready to believe it.

But I thought that Cana had said himself that we were interested in him if that is the case its the same as the Sweedish guy so if we dont get him is that not the same.

I know what you saying thats its only press talk but if nearly every paper is saying it surely there must be some truth

Cana said he was interested in us, never an official quote from us to say we were interested in him.

Papers, especially online, recycle stories from each other using the same quotes so no, there doesn't have to be some truth in a story.

i think just to be safe, without improving, im with Moyes. we need a centre half and a left back. then we'll have cover all over the pitch (pretty much)

but if we want to improve we still need a centre half and a left back, but we'll need better quality players where ever we can get them, but the right hand side would logically be first choice for replacements.

im a bit disappointed that nothing has really happened yet.

moyes complained that the money wasnt there until late last year, im only assuming were in a similar position now. hes said where he wants to strengthen, id hope he knows what players he wants by now. if he does have the money there and knows what players he wants, i dont understand why he hasnt got them yet. im not going to complain right now, but if we dont have cover by august 15th i'll be worrying, if we dont by 1st September i'll be calling for heads to roll. not david moyes as i dont believe it will be his fault if we dont strengthen. after all, its two years since we actually spent any money on players.

it's amazing how quick the august 15th deadline you set will come round. OK getting Jo back was a good move but other than that we should be making atleast one 10 mil plus flagship signing villa have made there's in downing.

Yeah but the diffrence is Downing a 10 mil player thats worth around 50p because he's crap

Yeah but the diffrence is Downing a 10 mil player thats worth around 50p because he's crap

The fact it was downing is irrelevant really it shows them trying to build after losing barry our current foray into the market is to bring back a player we already had on loan.