IGNORED

If We Do Not Get Owen

I'd be really gutted if we didn't get Michael Owen (looking like he will be at Manchester United now) and think that there is nobody from Newcastle United that will be a better buy than him. Especially seeing as he would cost no fee at all. The players that I would like us to sign from Newcastle should Owen sign for Manchester United are:

• Obefimi Martins
  • Damien Duff

Think that Taylor would be a good signing too, he's a dirty bastard but a really solid defender. Would definatly improve the Everton team, a lot better than Championship level.

Guest efctaxi

I wouldn't touch any Newcastle players with a toilet brush .

With the players they had , they didn't get relegated for any other reason that they couldn't be bothered playing for their club .

Over paid , over rated , over as far as I'm concerned .

With the players they had , they didn't get relegated for any other reason that they couldn't be bothered playing for their club .

Well said...just look at all the money spent for a bunch of underachieving players.

No "real" players there that would really strengthen us. Even Martins has proved to be a flop.

I like that. It makes me actually want Owen to join ManUre now. It pees off the RDs and ManUre fans in one fell swoop. Now all we need is him to score a hat trick against Citeh and we have a nap hand. :lol:

I like that. It makes me actually want Owen to join ManUre now. It pees off the RDs and ManUre fans in one fell swoop. Now all we need is him to score a hat trick against Citeh and we have a nap hand. :lol:

You got your wish....just heard that he signed for Utd. Makes me wonder whether Sir Alex has lost the plot - can't for the life of me see what they hope to gain. Mind you, Sir Alex has been known to make mistakes.... Alan Smith for one that immediately comes to mind.

Guest efctaxi
You got your wish....just heard that he signed for Utd. Makes me wonder whether Sir Alex has lost the plot - can't for the life of me see what they hope to gain. Mind you, Sir Alex has been known to make mistakes.... Alan Smith for one that immediately comes to mind.

I actually think he will thrive under the quality of supply at United .

It wouldn't surprise me if he becomes next seasons top scorer . I just don't think he would have been ideal for us , as we don't have nearly as much creativity and attacking prowess in the team .

All depends on his fitness .

Just seen on SkY Sport News, that the Stats for Owen last season made him the highest scorer per game played than anyone in the Prem. (They said it was 29%)

(As an example Rooney only managed 11%)

You can make statistics say anything though so I don't hold out too much weight for these figures.

Just seen on SkY Sport News, that the Stats for Owen last season made him the highest scorer per game played than anyone in the Prem. (They said it was 29%)

(As an example Rooney only managed 11%)

You can make statistics say anything though so I don't hold out too much weight for these figures.

Im sure the media will make Owen the best thing since sliced bread now he has signed for United............ but was wondering the other night....... where the hell is he going to play in their system......... Me thinks he will be keeping a bench seat very warm next season....... maybe just what he wanted in the first place.....

I for one....although I may be pushing it a bit.... think United may have blown their chance this summer to break Liverpools championship record.....

Edited by DangerMouse

im pretty sure united will still bring in a big name striker, or maybe berba or one of the kids will have to step up. but i still think they'll win the league.

between rooney, berba and owen, there will still be a lot of goals. add one more top striker and your laughing all the way up the table.

and in similarities, fergie did the same thing when sheringham was past it, then won the treble.

All manu main targets have gone to or want to go to madrid. i think they will struggle, they sold a match winner in Ronaldo an havn't replaced him, 70goals in 2 season is unreal an there not gonna find anyone that will give them that.

Rooney will struggle without Ron, not to mention man u reckon with them NOT in the team is awful.

I think its Liverpools title.

After all they got Agent OWEN in now

All manu main targets have gone to or want to go to madrid. i think they will struggle, they sold a match winner in Ronaldo an havn't replaced him, 70goals in 2 season is unreal an there not gonna find anyone that will give them that.

Rooney will struggle without Ron, not to mention man u reckon with them NOT in the team is awful.

I think its Liverpools title.

After all they got Agent OWEN in now

I think exactly the opposite! I think Rooney will be moved back up front and will thrive on it, probably have his best season so far.

I also wouldnt rule out Chelsea I think thhey will put up more of a challenge this year.

I also reckon Owen will get back to scoring regularly in the Prem, hatrick at Anfield would be nice :-) ( just been listening to all the Kopites slaughtering Owen on the radio, great comments like he "he was never one of ours anyway"!)

Hopefully Torres will break a finger nail or ladder his stockings and miss most of the season again

I'm glad we didn't get Owen, he's too injury prone and I don't think he would suit our style of play. The only player I'd have from Newcastle is Taylor, people forget not only is he a stong, tough tackling defender, he's also still very young with many years ahead of him!