IGNORED

I Think We Can All Agree....

I think we can all agree on 3 things. 1) We need more creativity going forward(especially when arteta was out) 2) Pace, especially down the right is essential to add for next season. 3) We will be operating on a fairly low budget. (wages and transfer funds especially compared to these billionaires)

There are two more that most people think we need, but i think would come with addressing those 3 things(A right full back, and a larger squad)

If these are the necessities, then i think we could fill our gaps with 3-4 signings. A few of these players could potentially boost us into the top 4 while some would help us maintain a strong hold of 5th. I think these signings would be very obtainable.

Tuncay. Middlesbrough went down, so I figure he would be available at a reasonable price and would have no reason to not want to sign for us. He is a very very good player with a high work rate. Forward with a brain but could also play an attacking mid role or even out on the left if needed. Middlesbrough fans once chanted last season something along the lines of "We only have one good player" about Tuncay, something I think is worth noting.

Bentley- Apparently Tottenham are wanting to clear him out and for a very cheap price. I think he would find his form again at Everton as i believe he was not given the best chance at Tottenham. When i watched a few games he played, they had him out on the left, flopping sides occasionally. If they would sell for 7.5 I would say yes, please!

Naughton- I know nothing about him, but heard good things.

Jermaine Pennant- For one, he would be a free transfer. That right there makes him an ideal target. I know his attitude is questionable at best, and I had my doubts about him as a player when he was sitting at liverpool. When he was sent to Pompy, my thoughts about ability changed completely. At times, his talent was undeniable. Fantastic pace down the right, and great delivery.

Obafemi Martins- Newcastle was relegated. He is one of the fastest players I have ever seen. Great left and right foot. Can make something out of nothing.

Players such as Mbia and Moutinho would be class, but i think we can get more bang for our buck with the players above. Neville can fill in at defensive mid for at least one more year. We could focus on filling that in seasons to come.

Assuming we have at most, 20 mil to spend, i think we could sign 4 of those players including a free Pennant, or 3 if we took bentley instead.

What do you guys think?

I agree with much of what you say. I'm not sure about Pennant though - undeniable talent but he hasn't really broken through has he? He must have some underlying problems, otherwise he would be up there. None of the managers he's played for have had the ability to get him to perform at his best on a week in - week out basis or maybe the attitude problems mean his managers won't play him on a week to week basis.

If anyone could get him up to scratch it'd be Moyes, I reckon. Great aquisition on a free!

I agree with much of what you say. I'm not sure about Pennant though - undeniable talent but he hasn't really broken through has he? He must have some underlying problems, otherwise he would be up there. None of the managers he's played for have had the ability to get him to perform at his best on a week in - week out basis or maybe the attitude problems mean his managers won't play him on a week to week basis.

If anyone could get him up to scratch it'd be Moyes, I reckon. Great aquisition on a free!

Agreed, thats why i think he could be a good free transfer

id have pennant. class player, quick, good crosser, winger and free! thats 5 of my boxes ticked :D

He's hardly class mate he's struggled to make much of an impact at most clubs he's played for but he would be an improvement on what we have already but his attitude stinks.

i think Pennant would be a good signing, he got pace and can cross, people say he got an attitude, but if you look at when u play for Liverpool, up 2 the last 10 games of last season, it didnt matter if you scored 50 goals in a game you still get dropped next week.

I think a player like Pennant, who lacks confidance needs a bit of stability an at Liverpool he didn't get that, because Rafa doesnt seem to go off what everyone else does an play his best team.

As for Portsmouth i dont see alot of them so can't comment.

I think Davey will turn him in to a world class player, he just needs someone to beleive in him.

i think Pennant would be a good signing, he got pace and can cross, people say he got an attitude, but if you look at when u play for Liverpool, up 2 the last 10 games of last season, it didnt matter if you scored 50 goals in a game you still get dropped next week.

I think a player like Pennant, who lacks confidance needs a bit of stability an at Liverpool he didn't get that, because Rafa doesnt seem to go off what everyone else does an play his best team.

As for Portsmouth i dont see alot of them so can't comment.

I think Davey will turn him in to a world class player, he just needs someone to beleive in him.

Not a chance!