Sign in to follow this  
adamsmith69

Rodwell

According to the ever reliable daily sport, it says he has given us his word that he WILL sign a contract whenhe turns 16. it also says that man utd and chelsea are big admirers of him and they may try and snap him up.

Rodwell Kissock and Vaughan, maybe Vidarsson. i dont see Victor or Hughes making it, but i hope they prove me wrong

Are four quality youth players coming through not enough like? Most teams are lucky to get two in a 5 year period. I agree about Victor not making it but I reckon Hughes has what it takes.

tbh i think it will be vidarrson who wont make it. i know we havnt seen him but i dont think hel get a chance here.

as for victor i dunno. i want him to stay i think hes a useful player. hughes i reckon will make it. he looked good against luton and peterboro. if were guarenteed to finish in the top 6 this season (i know its hard to say now but say if we did) we should play him for the last few games. that will be a good indication on how good he is

Are four quality youth players coming through not enough like? Most teams are lucky to get two in a 5 year period. I agree about Victor not making it but I reckon Hughes has what it takes.

its 4 with potential, i know my standards are high, but i wanna see our youth team winning everthing, hopefully with the new academy we will be able to attract the best youth players and nuture them in the best facilities. save the club a fortune!

tbh i think it will be vidarrson who wont make it. i know we havnt seen him but i dont think hel get a chance here.

as for victor i dunno. i want him to stay i think hes a useful player. hughes i reckon will make it. he looked good against luton and peterboro. if were guarenteed to finish in the top 6 this season (i know its hard to say now but say if we did) we should play him for the last few games. that will be a good indication on how good he is

i agree, can't see vidarsson ever breaking through

Manure linked with a £9million move for Rodders today. If Sheffield United can ask for £7million for a player that's only played around 40 games at Championship level then £9million wouldn't even buy you Rodwell's boots.

Fuck off United.

If Sheffield United can ask for £7million for a player that's only played around 40 games at Championship level then £9million wouldn't even buy you Rodwell's boots.

Well said squire.....rodders is a very level headed young lad..... his sense of loyalty and dignified approach will keep him out of the clutches of fergie for many years and he will achieve all he wants to in the game with the team he loves!!! 9 million?? In the current market, taking into account his potential it would have to be nearer 15!!

If Sheffield United can ask for £7million for a player that's only played around 40 games at Championship level then £9million wouldn't even buy you Rodwell's boots.

Well said squire.....rodders is a very level headed young lad..... his sense of loyalty and dignified approach will keep him out of the clutches of fergie for many years and he will achieve all he wants to in the game with the team he loves!!! 9 million?? In the current market, taking into account his potential it would have to be nearer 15!!

I wouldnt sell him for 20, this lad is going to be the future england centerhalf.

Agree. I am someone who tends to acknowledge that everyone has their price and whilst I am delighted with our team, there are not many that I would be gutted to lose if the price was decent enough. However, Rodwell must be kept for at least 3 years (I would love to think he would stay for much longer but the depressing reality of football kicks in at some stage).

If Lescott does leave this summer, it would not surpruse me if we started playing Jack at CB from this coming season.

Other than Moyes, Jack is the best asset we have at present.

if the mancs will pay £9m now then given their level of scouting etc it's reinforcing many opinions that the lad is going to be world class. You can not sell potential, it worked well with jeffers but now, no way. Keep him. Sell joleon for £20m, buy a couple of midfielders and a right back, leave this lad alone. Why do we need to sell to the Mancs??? If we want to win the league at some stage, why sell our best.

i think j-rod may leave everton at some stage in his career if he develops into the player we all know he can be, however now is way to early for him to move on. he wouldn't develop as fast at the mancs purely due to the fact he won't play as much and he is different to rooney as rooney was already a excellent player at the age of 18 where as jack still has a long way to go.

the club should resist all offers for the remainder of his 5 years and we have'nt become a force to be reckoned with by then, sell him on for £25-30 million

Reports are linking him to united. Even though it probably won't happen, well, it won't if rodwells a true blue.

Link Here

I hate Sir Alex enough already, and if he signs rodwell, im gonna be so angry!

We keep getting these good youngsters, and then bigger teams snatch them. It happend with rooney, but I hope to god it doesn't happen to Rodders aswell. It also happend with that Macheda guy that he got from sporting.

Doubt he'l be goin anywhere, the bid would have to be HUGE! Hes been given a big opportunity here, i mean how many 18 yr olds play in the FA Cup final? Plus he PICKED to play for the Blues when he had offers to play elsewhere when he was younger!

Already been discussed in this thread.

He won't be going anywhere at the moment. He will be under a contract and at his age David Moyes will not be willing to sell him, I don't think that there would be a repeat of Wayne Rooney, Manchester United would not pay that much money for Rodders. It's nothing to worry about IMO, he could well leave a few years down the line but at this stage he's going to remain a blue.

All the peeps in here saying how they wouldnt sell him for £9 million :blink: Course you would and the club would, yes he is young, yes he has potential, and yes he might become an England centre half, but at the moment he is a bench man, a bit part player who wont get into the team unless we have some injuries, and he does'nt need to be replaced. So if anybody comes in with a £9m offer the club will say thank you very much, and that money would buy us a good Right/Left wide man.

All the peeps in here saying how they wouldnt sell him for £9 million :blink: Course you would and the club would, yes he is young, yes he has potential, and yes he might become an England centre half, but at the moment he is a bench man, a bit part player who wont get into the team unless we have some injuries, and he does'nt need to be replaced. So if anybody comes in with a £9m offer the club will say thank you very much, and that money would buy us a good Right/Left wide man.

He "was" a bench man.

Too much speculation around his talent that we will need to play him more and more next season otherwise his mind will wonder to other clubs. I really do see Neville having less to do and Rodwell playing more.

I don't agree with that at all, NO WAY will we sell Rodwell at this stage in his career unless the bid is in excess of £15-20m. Moyes knows how good Rodwell is going to get, the same as everyone knew Rooney was a future star. Why sell him now for £9m when in 2 years he could be worth £20m or more. Lescott is the more likely to go, mainly because his value is the highest it will ever be and we have Rodwell coming through to fill his boots. £9m wouldn't get you that much these days so why lose our best prospect?

I don't agree with that at all, NO WAY will we sell Rodwell at this stage in his career unless the bid is in excess of £15-20m. Moyes knows how good Rodwell is going to get, the same as everyone knew Rooney was a future star. Why sell him now for £9m when in 2 years he could be worth £20m or more. Lescott is the more likely to go, mainly because his value is the highest it will ever be and we have Rodwell coming through to fill his boots. £9m wouldn't get you that much these days so why lose our best prospect?[/b

I hear what you and everyone is saying Carl, but at the moment all he is is a "prospect" Francis Jeffers was a prospect, they dont all turn out like you would hope they will.

Wayne Rooney was a "prospect" look how much we sold for him, all be it he looked like he wouldnt be anything short of a superstar player but still it had the potential to be a jeffers.

I dont think 9M is even close of the good offer. Even defenders arent that expensive than attackers these days(or never been) He canT be cheaper than Rio were when he moved to mancs from emmerdale. Then you need to add couple mills for the transferprizes has been got up lately overally. And i believe Moyes that we dont need to sell. So if the prize is going somewhere 22M+, the team might take a look about it. Im happy he made a long contract just a while ago, so hes not going, i hope

edited lol

I hear what you and everyone is saying Carl, but at the moment all he is is a "prospect" Francis Jeffers was a prospect, they dont all turn out like you would hope they will.

I understand that, although Jeffers was notoriously arrogant and not universally liked, I think his failure was more to do with his mentality than his ability, that being said we got a fantastic price for him at the time. If we sold Rowell for £9m it would send out all the wrong messages, I can understand selling Lescott for a big price as he is older and his value is probably higher now than it will ever be, plus we have Rodwell coming through, but to sell Rodwell for his current value looks like desperation. If we were to sell Rodwell then I wouldn't take any less than £15m at the least. I don't think it'll happen for one minute anyway, I don't think Moyes will even entertain the idea of selling him, unless an absolutely silly offer comes in.

I dont think 9M is even close of the good offer. Even defenders arent that expensive than attackers these days(or never been) He can be cheaper than Rio were when he moved to mancs from hammers. Then you need to add couple mills for the transferprizes has been got up lately overally. And i believe Moyes that we dont need to sell. So if the prize is going somewhere 22M+, the team might take a look about it. Im happy he made a long contract just a while ago, so hes not going, i hope

Lex, you mean from Leeds to Mancs? Don't let Craccer see that :P

Wayne Rooney was a "prospect" look how much we sold for him, all be it he looked like he wouldnt be anything short of a superstar player but still it had the potential to be a jeffers.

stevie wonder could see rooney was to be a superstar!

i wouldnt accept 20m never mind 9m! he will play more next season deffo cos i think neville is gonna be moved to right back and rodwell brought in to cover that role! the lads gonna be a huge star and we all know it!

Selling another home grown player to that lot is a big no no. It still hurts to see Rooney play for the mancs, however another player with unknown potential is a disaster waiting to happen, he could be the next Gerrard, such is his athleticism and engine, someone who can play centre half or midfield, to even contemplate this is just a joke. If we want to be a top 4 club, we need to keep our future stars, Lescott may not get much better and we know what we need to replace in Joleon, but when you don't know how good a player will be how do you priuce that? He could be a £100m player in 6 years - may be unlikely but the posibility is there with him more than any other player at the club.

Guest efctaxi

I think we're blowing the lads trumpet too much here .

If he was that good , wouldn't Pearce have shown him more playing time ?

Potential yes , but nothing like ready to take up his own starting position .

I think we're blowing the lads trumpet too much here .

If he was that good , wouldn't Pearce have shown him more playing time ?

Potential yes , but nothing like ready to take up his own starting position .

I don't really think that's something that should be considered. Pearce has pretty much been working with the same squad of England players for the past 2 years, but Rodwell wasn't playing in games for us 2 years and has only recently gotten into the England squad. It's no wonder he showed more faith in Muamba over Rodwell.

I don't really think that's something that should be considered. Pearce has pretty much been working with the same squad of England players for the past 2 years, but Rodwell wasn't playing in games for us 2 years and has only recently gotten into the England squad. It's no wonder he showed more faith in Muamba over Rodwell.

Plus rodwell was the youngest in the squad - 3 years younger than most. Rodwell will be captain of that side in 3 years if he's not already in the full england squad.

I wouldn't sell him at any price.

you right he did, in the fa cup, lauren(not sure on spelling) handled the ball uot to rodwell who finished it off.

I hate to be pedantic...........no well, actually I don't :P . It was Petrov who handled on the line before Rodwell rammed the rebound home.

Haha where do they get this shite from the man himself has said once he's finished at United he's going to Oldham or thats how he'd like to end his career and im sure United will honor his wishes, Its ashame he is knocking on now and is a shadow of his former self as he's been one of the best long term players this league's had but at 34 and not much in the tank i wouldn't swap him for any of our players especially one of our brightest prospects.

Not at all sure I would want the deal to include Rodwell going the other way though. Sounds a bit of a lopsided deal. Young talent for old ????

Thanks but no thanks

Tbh I'd be highly embarrassed if we signed Scholes, whether it included Rodwell or not.

Second that Romey. An old guy, who cant run, pass or shoot anymore...in his prime, then hell yes...now, oh f*ck no!

in 2 or 3 of the papers today that Moyes wants Paul Scholes, are we really going 2 go for a has been that is paul scholes, i mean come on, his best is 2-3 seasons ago. now he injury prone.

Is this showing lack or ambition or despration on Moyes part

edit:didn't no this was already mentioned so i start my own thread.

Thanks for moving it romey