IGNORED

Rodwell

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe moyes is thinking of european experience, someone who knows how to play in europe, can speak tot he lads about it etc, it said in the paper, 2 year contract with a possible coaching role at the end!

I would love scoles here on the above but.....

1) we have more attacking midfield players than we can shake a stick at, Fellani, cahill, Osman, Baxter, Pienaar can all play there. If we got scholes he would be great for experience and i bet he would make a great coach but as he has said he wants to finish playing for Oldham as fair play to him for that.

2) Rodwell is the future, scholes is mostly the past. We should keep Rodwell no matter what, if we take scholes it should be sepperate to Rodwell. Although Scholes's wages would reduce the wages we could offer to the DM, Richt Back, and Wingers we need!!

• 2 months later...

Just hope that DM and the board have the strength and determination to hold on to him when the first serious bids come in as they inevitably will.

Read an article on Toffeweb earlier comparing him to Beckenbaeur, now we all know he isn't at that level (yet), but by god he could become as good if not better in time to come!

This is the player that DM should be looking to build the future around if we can keep hold of him.

Edited by iggy

Rodders is not going anywhere. Relax folks.

1, transfer window is closed.

2, Chelski can't buy anyone for a bit anyway.

3, Man U are saying they have young talent of their own.

4, Aresenal can't attract him him away, they have nothing to attract him with.

5, I will be upset if he goes, so he can't. :D

Let's face it, Tim is getting on now and we'll have to get used to playing without him anyway.

I said that earlier in the season, Tim looks a tiny bit behind the pace, Energy levels arent as apparent as they used to be. I still think he's a cracking player for the club and could be key in giving advice and guidance to the younger members of the team.

On to Rodwell. This guy is unreal, i think he's going to be a huge star in the future and wouldnt put it past the lad to be a future England captain. Whether he's better at CB than midfield, we wont know but i'd be more than happy to keep him in the middle for aslong as we can!!

• 1 month later...

Linked with Man Utd again...

http://www.dailymail...-Moyes-boy.html

If you haven't seen much of young Jack Rodwell recently, you will be seeing a lot more of him in the future.

Like Wayne Rooney, he's an Everton find and, like Wayne Rooney, he looks like another Manchester United player.

Not that David Moyes will thank me for saying it, but Rodwell seems destined for a bigger stage.

He's been used mainly as a central midfielder, but my sources tell me that he is an emerging central defender, once he has the experience.

There's even talk of him gatecrashing Fabio Capello's England World Cup squad — but that may come too soon for him. Although we said that about Theo Walcott in the last World Cup.

He's at a good club to learn his trade and should probably stay there for a good few years, even if United are leading the list of clubs who are noticing his powerful driving

style of play. He's tall, elegant, shifts about the pitch and can make a tackle.

He is a threat in and around the box in open play and set-pieces and should probably score more goals. That will come, I'm sure.

He's hit the target only twice this season, in the Europa League. He was certainly a player to notice last summer when England Under 21s played in the European Championships.

I recently worked for ITV alongside Phil Neville, his Everton captain. Phil told me he is so two-footed, you can't work out his stronger side. That's a great quality Phil said he was the most naturally gifted two-footed player he has played with. And Phil was at Old Trafford!

Andy Townsend has said some pretty stupid things in his life (you get a clue when something's coming because his mouth opens) but this just about takes the prize...

"Like Wayne Rooney, he's an Everton find and, like Wayne Rooney, he looks like another Manchester United player."

All the peeps in here saying how they wouldnt sell him for £9 million :blink: Course you would and the club would, yes he is young, yes he has potential, and yes he might become an England centre half, but at the moment he is a bench man, a bit part player who wont get into the team unless we have some injuries, and he does'nt need to be replaced. So if anybody comes in with a £9m offer the club will say thank you very much, and that money would buy us a good Right/Left wide man.

Theres no way the club would accept an offer of 9 million Bill, no way.