Sign in to follow this  
adamsmith69

Rodwell

yawn. Ancelotti just says hes a good player according to that "article". I know that too, in fact I say he is going to be a great player. Which by the Mails definition means im in the running to sign him...

What a crock of shit....headline...

Jack Rodwell 'may be tempted by Chelsea transfer' as Everton hold firm

Where do the "quotes" come from? Nowhere.

And then they come to the conclusion that, "...he is expected to reject the option of joining the London club even if Everton are made an offer they cannot refuse, which is expected to be anything over £20million."

How can we refuse an offer we can't refuse :mellow: ?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/838417-jack-rodwell-may-be-tempted-by-chelsea-transfer-as-everton-hold-firm

Think that's the single worst piece of "journalism" I've seen in a long time.

New contract or not, if he has a great season we all know what the talk will be of come the summer.The new contract as you say will only serve to push the price up, but they and others will want him.....we just have to live with it.

Man City could make a really stupid bid.......liverpool could offer to swap their whole team for him :mellow: ........In the end it's all down to Rodwell himself.

If Everton have a good couple of season, say, top 4 finishes, an odd cup or two and European football, then that's going to be as good as probably any team that comes for him........it would only be the big money that turns his head.

He's seen two of his team mates Arteta and Jagielka, who came within inch of having their careers finished, if money is important to him, then that's a consideration when he's thinking about the future.

A couple of years time and Moyes will maybe have to improve that contract.

Short term I just hope he destroys Villa today....and puts his price up a bit more.

if clubs come in they are going to have to pay a lot for him..if that's the case then as long as moyes gets the money to spend i could deal with losing him...be looking at 30+ easy though because he is a future everton(if he is here long enough) and possibly england captain..he seems to have a mature head on his shoulders and i have faith in him to ignore the agent talk

he is the shittest man utd player i have seen in a long time...what can he actually do better than rodwell now nevermind in 5 years when rodwell is getting into his prime! the guy is massively overrated and the fact people go on about how many caps heskey got at least heskey looked like he did summat..this cunt has played 20 odd times and done FUCK ALL!! i'd honestly never step foot inside goodison again until moyes and kenwright were gone if this deal happened

he is the shittest man utd player i have seen in a long time...what can he actually do better than rodwell now nevermind in 5 years when rodwell is getting into his prime! the guy is massively overrated and the fact people go on about how many caps heskey got at least heskey looked like he did summat..this cunt has played 20 odd times and done FUCK ALL!! i'd honestly never step foot inside goodison again until moyes and kenwright were gone if this deal happened

Says it all for me......

While Cahill's been away Rodwell's had a chance to give Moyes a headache but he's done nothing to suggest he warrants a starting spot.

sorry, misread your 1st post! completely agree, maybe he should go out on loan, did Wilshere the world of good.

Is this not a pre-requisite to him leaving or asking to leave

not at all! Its to get him some game time and experience. Ossie did it and was a better player for it, theres other examples too throughout the premiership.

Rodwell always looks his best breaking from a midfield position. Moyes either plays him deep, just off the striker (like Cahill) or right mid. Its not an excuse for his poor performances because he is making basic errors and not realy getting into games but between him and Moyes they need to work out where he should be playing and go from there.

He could be the next quality Lampard style player who has the ability to get forward, drift into space and create an opening for himself or others. Id never put him anywhere near the defence as his marking is shocking.

[quote name=Blueblood :)' timestamp='1296738758' post='232415]

could we afford losing anouther key player for the money not to be put back in the club ?? baring in mind he could be a future england cb/cm

Not CB based on his recent marking ability ;)

[quote name=Blueblood :)' timestamp='1296741431' post='232423]

True True :) but diddent he used to be england schoolboy captain playing at CB

true, but Hibbo started out as a striker......

no chance is rodwell EVER going to be a CB...can't head the ball..can't mark..and can't really tackle! 3 things cb's should be able to do at any age

Disagree mate, marking yes but he can head and tackle. He is very rarely beaten in the air

We haven't had a penalty all season and you'd trust him with it? :unsure:

again.... Think it will be like a couple of years ago where we get a consolation one on the last day of the season? That being said, you dont get pens unless you get in the frickin box!

I remember Rodwell winning lots of headers on (attacking) corners in the last games. Most of the time they didn't hit the target, but he still won the headers. And marking an attacker is an entirely different thing when playing cb rather than cm.

When Rodwell has to challenge someone in the air from a starting position (like a goal kick) he is good and wins a fair few, but when he has to mark them tightly and track their runs he becomes a bit suspect IMO.

According to Rodwell's Twitter he's out for 4-6 weeks.

Typical has a blinder against B'pool just starts to hit a bit of form then this! I suppose we all know Cahills playing Sunday now then!