IGNORED

Rodwell

Blue, I hope that post wasn't aimed at me because I was talking about United's underhand tactics, not saying anything about Everton having a role in it.

Well, just had a look back at your post, and what you wrote makes sence to me.Like everyone else I'm getting pissed off with our young players being poached, I'm watching and waiting on the Rodwell situation, your post I guess just got me thinking about the Rooney /Man Utd saga, the press, and all the other associated crap that is being written and will continue to be written in the weeks/ months to come.

You have to feel sorry for Everton in this situation, unless Rodwell says I want to spend my entire career at Everton, then there's a story to run.

So to be quite honest your post is 100% on the button.Though I doubt their actions are employed to help Man Utd (they don't really need any help)....no their reason for the stories is to keep fucking usless sports reporters in a job, selling their crap little papers.....excuse my language!

Edited by Blue 250

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... ESPN were certainly adding their two bobs worth. Seemed like every time he touched the ball, there was a comment along the lines of 'He'll be looking to impress his prospective future employers' or 'You'd imagine that their will be plenty more appearances for him at Old Trafford in the future'.

What a load of shite!

Well.... ESPN were certainly adding their two bobs worth. Seemed like every time he touched the ball, there was a comment along the lines of 'He'll be looking to impress his prospective future employers' or 'You'd imagine that their will be plenty more appearances for him at Old Trafford in the future'.

What a load of shite!

when jack had a shot the camera panned to his uncle,name, details, blackpool etc, he was hidden away in some old trafford snug - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyone feeling this is exactly like with Rooney? Me thinks Man United are using the press to unsettle Jack and let their interest me known to him in the hope it'll turn his head. The press are tapping him up for them basically.

Welcome to the reality of realising that the OT group have a larger influence on the media that anything else. Ferguson is a master of deception and his tactics are a disgrace to football. The sooner football can become more honest and ballsier, the better!

• 2 weeks later...

£15m if that is true then i'm afraid that is an insult. We paid £15m in one form or another for Fellaini, not even going to bother comparing them - Rodwell better than Fellaini - hands down, potentially as good as Lampard/Gerrard/ Ferdinand - we are talking telephone numbers.

The risk is that great I would not sell for £30m. If we are going to be in the position to attract top talent then we need to possess top talent. Look at Man City, they needed to get Robinho as a statement of intent (I don't even think they wanted him, they wanted a flag ship signing in order to be successful in recruiting Kaka (failed) but they got some top players in as a result. We need to keep Jack till he is showing his ability on a consistent level, at the moment he represents the best value for the teams such as Chelsea, Man U, Real as he has yet to get an England cap, as soon as he does, bet your bottom dollar he will be in the £25m+ bracket - which wpuld mean they would already see a return on investment.

Top and bottom - do not sell at any price.

£15m if that is true then i'm afraid that is an insult. We paid £15m in one form or another for Fellaini, not even going to bother comparing them - Rodwell better than Fellaini - hands down, potentially as good as Lampard/Gerrard/ Ferdinand - we are talking telephone numbers.

The risk is that great I would not sell for £30m. If we are going to be in the position to attract top talent then we need to possess top talent. Look at Man City, they needed to get Robinho as a statement of intent (I don't even think they wanted him, they wanted a flag ship signing in order to be successful in recruiting Kaka (failed) but they got some top players in as a result. We need to keep Jack till he is showing his ability on a consistent level, at the moment he represents the best value for the teams such as Chelsea, Man U, Real as he has yet to get an England cap, as soon as he does, bet your bottom dollar he will be in the £25m+ bracket - which wpuld mean they would already see a return on investment.

Top and bottom - do not sell at any price.

Quite right, unfortunately our "fiscally challenged" chairman may not agree........

The clue's in the article...

"...they have to spend big if they want to lure one of the most exciting talents England has produced since Wayne Rooney."

So why should the price be virtually half the Rooney money after five odd years of absurd transfer inflation?

Anything less than £40m we should laugh in their faces (and still say no even if they offered it).

I hate to be a pessimist but all this talk of 40 million for rodwell is frankly ridiculous! First of all the lad isn't an England international, thats not to say he won't be, but how many young players have we seen in the premiership that have never quite made the step up? there's absolutely no doubting rodwells talents, and IF he were to go I wouldn't want to see him go for less than he is/potentially worth to the team. However, at the moment he isn't worth 40 million, not a chance. we are having a poor season, we have financial difficulties and there's no denying that. I honestly believe IF we were to sell him in the next couple of transfer windows, we'd be lucky to get 12-15 million.

Im not trying to be negative, just realistic. Yes, Lescott went to Man City for a frankly astonishing (reported) 24 million. Thats an England international ( a fringe one at that) with a few years of premiership experience, sold to a club who are paying highly inflated fees. I think its dangerous to talk about the bags of money we think we should get for Rodwell, when realistically speaking it just won't happen. Imagine if say Chelsea, Man Utd or Real Madrid publically stated their serious interest in the lad, do you really think he wouldn't hand in a transfer request?! Consequently quashing our stance to barter a higher fee for him. I truely hope he stays with us for years to come, from the bottom of my blue heart, but come on, if he does leave it will not be for more than our club can afford to reject.

I hate to be a pessimist but all this talk of 40 million for rodwell is frankly ridiculous! First of all the lad isn't an England international, thats not to say he won't be, but how many young players have we seen in the premiership that have never quite made the step up? there's absolutely no doubting rodwells talents, and IF he were to go I wouldn't want to see him go for less than he is/potentially worth to the team. However, at the moment he isn't worth 40 million, not a chance. we are having a poor season, we have financial difficulties and there's no denying that. I honestly believe IF we were to sell him in the next couple of transfer windows, we'd be lucky to get 12-15 million.

Im not trying to be negative, just realistic. Yes, Lescott went to Man City for a frankly astonishing (reported) 24 million. Thats an England international ( a fringe one at that) with a few years of premiership experience, sold to a club who are paying highly inflated fees. I think its dangerous to talk about the bags of money we think we should get for Rodwell, when realistically speaking it just won't happen. Imagine if say Chelsea, Man Utd or Real Madrid publically stated their serious interest in the lad, do you really think he wouldn't hand in a transfer request?! Consequently quashing our stance to barter a higher fee for him. I truely hope he stays with us for years to come, from the bottom of my blue heart, but come on, if he does leave it will not be for more than our club can afford to reject.

Man City's second offer for Lescott was 18 Million wasn't it? After he handed in a transfer request, we still managed to get it up to 24 Million, a 6 million difference which to me is quite a lot of stance on our part.

Yes you may think he's only worth 12-15 Million (and I'm sure that there is people who agree with you), but of course we are going to want more from him if another club comes in. IMO we should be demanding 30-50 million, and if somebody is willing to pay that then that is their gamble that he will fulfil his potential. If he can't live up to that, that is their loss and not ours.

Either way, he's technically our player until 2014, so we can demand whatever we want for him until that time.

Of course he's not worth £40m (yet), and there's no guarantee that he'll fulfill his potential but it's a universally recognised opinion that he is (or will be) very special.

As such he's difficult to price but imagine for a moment we sell for £15m and he goes on to become what everyone thinks he's going to become. The fallout BK got for letting Rooney go would be nothing by comparison.

It's unthinkable to me to let him go for that sort of money, I don't care if he puts in a request....refuse it and stick to the decision.

Rooney/Lescott? Those aren't interchangeable. Lescott had no association with the club other than his years here. Rooney was a blue from birth.

Which turned out to be an irrelevance to him making them totally interchangeable. They left under similar circumstances for similar reasons, their background doesn't change that.

Which turned out to be an irrelevance to him making them totally interchangeable. They left under similar circumstances for similar reasons, their background doesn't change that.

Lescott leaving was far more understandable, and forgivable. His paycheck was his only allegiance to Everton. Rooney leaving was and is far more disappointing and unforgivable. But, I suppose those are just my thoughts.