Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Design Changes (Work In Progress)

If anyone has any suggestions for colour schemes...

I like these two..

http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/product_images/efc-63173.jpg?width=180&height=180&quality=95 <-- This shade of blue

or

http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/product_images/efc-63172.jpg?width=180&height=180&quality=95 <-- This one?

I'm leaning towards the latter

If they are the choices I would prefer the first myself. But I think there is not a lot to chose between them. I am not much of a one for suggestions though. I usually suggest something either truly awful, or just plain stupid.

How about the old 'salmon pink' and royal blue stripes?

Or perhaps Blue and yellow? The post box is white anyway.

I think making it work properly is the most important, then followed by making it easy, then and only then, making it look good.

Just my opinion mind you, I think you all do a fair job at it anyway.

I am not much of a one for changes until it is all done and dusted. So I suppose my opinion is not that important. (Especially as I do not post as much as many others)

My first impression is that it does'nt look like a footy forum, it looks like some business advertising page all grey and sombre.

There is no seperation between the Pinned Posts and the rest of the Threads.

Ive noticed when editing you cant preview the post, I like to see if its right before i post it.

But its not finished yet so i'll hold back my thoughts until it is.

I'm leaning towards the latter colour also Louis. :)

It's taking me awhile to get used to this, but here is my views.

Good Points:-

Recently viewed threads- really good little addition

Quicker access to Fast Reply- very good

Bad Points:-

General Layout things- but i completly understand that this is going to change so its not really a huge issue,

would be good if pinned threads and general threads are split like before

as for colours, i much prefer the second option.

I would advise everyone to go to the bottom of the front page and click "Mark Board as Read" as at the moment it will think you have not read anything, it looks much better then and you can actually start seeing what is new content again.

Wheres the Arcade. ??? and whats happened to my Sig. :rolleyes:

<<---- The space for the avatar is toooo wide, can it be narrowed. ??

I'm working on everything mentioned! It's going to take me a while :)

Think the lines seperating all the threads and topics (table ?) should be coloured either a pale blue or pale yellow/gold. its only a very thin hairline but it would give the site the colour its missing. The forum headers are almost black, have we not got a royal or a navy blue.?? Nice work Louis.

I like the addition of the yellow. Its nice to have a little more colour splashed on. Its starting to look like the 07-08 kit!

oooh bloody hell this gave me a shock!! looks good though, will get used to it!

I think it's coming together now!

Still think it needs a divide between the pinned topics and the rest of the forum topics.

Still thinks it also needs the line between the light grey and dark grey topics and posts putting in, either pale yellow/gold or pale blue.

Being rather PC illiterate, can someone tell me what the green plus sign and red minus signs are for, near to the reply quote. If it was previously there, i din't motice it.

How do I get onto recently posted stuff? Only gives me a list of new topics and then I haven't got a Barney McGrew how to actually get to the last post quickly.

Bollocks.... Just realised that I'm going to have to go through all of the posts in this topic to find out if anyone replies!!!!

i think its going good so far, i saw it last night when it first went on and it scared the hell out of me. much easier on the eye now.

(im sure someone mentioned blue and gold a while back) ;)

keep up the good work louis, we trust you. in a matter of days we'll all be used to it, and it'll be all good.

If you click on the little arrow it takes you to the first unread post, or click the date for the last post.

Louis the space for the avatars is getting wider, its almost half the page. :blink:

Still think colouring the table gives it that missing bit of colour and divides all the topics

The gold .....

gold.png

Or the light Blue .............

lightblue.png

Still think colouring the table gives it that missing bit of colour and divides all the topics

The gold .....

gold.png

Or the light Blue .............

lightblue.png

Just testing a quote... I'll look into it Bill but I think it looks better without ?

I'll look into it Bill but I think it looks better without ?

You wont know know till you see it, to me its still a sombre grey, light grey, and dark grey, it only needs to be a pale colour.