Arsenal (Home)

Romey 1878

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Guess this is the match thread!

Would be great to start with a clean sheet, and against Arsenal that would be even better.So 0-0 wouldn't be a terrible result and would give the lads confidence.Plus it would be a better start than last season :( ,that Blackburn result really hurt!

Would be nice to start with a win, and to be honest if Jo's got his scoring boots on I can see the Baines Pienaar combo doing a great job of feeding him.Pretty obvious really but midfield will decide it, and Fellani will have to be at his best!

I think they'll pip us, but ive been proved wrong before!

I have got ESPN for free..get in! At least the picture's better than Setanta's friggin Russian properganda satellite transmission.

Worst bit is though, as a season ticket holder, having this game broadcast is pointless...why couldnt it be away somewhere?

It just feels that this season is starting too soon. I dont think were ready for the kick off, even malagagame went bit better. Hopefully im wrong, but we havent got our keyplayers back in action aswell. It would be very very very important to get good start for the season, and not awful struggling like last season start were. Also we need to beat UEFA league qualifying this mont aswell. Hopefully we will grab 1-0 win from this one. Im waiting a really poor match, but also so exciting that i need to watch my bloodpressure again :lol:

LexKing ......... but also so exciting that i need to watch my bloodpressure again.

---

Despite all our disappointments on the transfer front it really is amazing how quickly the season comes around.

I think we are in for a harder season this time around, i know we say it every year but this time i do think that Villa, City, and Spurs, will improve, we would appear to have gone as far as we can, unless of course we bring several decent players in. Without Yak, Arteta, and Jags, i think we are going to lose this one. 1-3. :(

PS... only a couple of days to go and we need 3 or 4 more bodies in the Oz-tips Tipping league.

Hi Guys,

Arsenal fan in pease :) just wondering what your teams likely to be on saturday ?

Ours will probably be

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy

Song

Fabregas Denison

Arshavin Bendtner RvP

Bench: Fabianski, Silvestre :angry: , Eboue, Diaby, Wilshere/Ramsey, Eduardo, Walcott.

Good luck for the game and the season ahead.

Prediction : Everton 1 (Cahill) - 2 Arsenal (Arshavin, Eduardo)

If Silvestre plays : Everton 10 - 0 Arsenal

Edited by Thierry Henry

Hi Guys,

Arsenal fan in pease :) just wondering what your teams likely to be on saturday ?

My guess would be...

Howard, Hibbert, Lescott (?), Yobo, Baines, Neville, Osman, Fellaini, Cahill, Pienaar, Jo.

Nash, Rodwell, Gosling, Saha, Vaughan, Baxter, Duffy/Coleman :unsure: .

If Lescott doesn't play Neville might play at center back and Rodwell come into midfield (better than the other way around based on pre-season).

Hi Guys,

Ours will probably be

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy

Song

Fabregas Denison

Arshavin Bendtner RvP

Bench: Fabianski, Silvestre :angry: , Eboue, Diaby, Wilshere/Ramsey, Eduardo, Walcott.

Good luck for the game and the season ahead.

Prediction : Everton 1 (Cahill) - 2 Arsenal (Arshavin, Eduardo)

If Silvestre plays : Everton 10 - 0 Arsenal

Welcome mate, Obviously are not a fan of Silvestre then!.

Quick question though, why would you start Bendtner over Eduardo? Personally I alsways thought Bendtner was gash and always liked Eduardo.

Fellaini played for Belgium yesterday (played only one half but was the best player on the pitch) .. said after the game he's completely ready for Arsenal. Had lost 9lbs but has already regained 7lbs since then.

So my XI would be :

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Pienaar Rodwell Cahill Jo

Fellaini

Saha

Fellaini played for Belgium yesterday (played only one half but was the best player on the pitch) .. said after the game he's completely ready for Arsenal. Had lost 9lbs but has already regained 7lbs since then.

So my XI would be :

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Pienaar Rodwell Cahill Jo

Fellaini

Saha

So completely shake things up a bit....... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

1-1 at best.

All the distraction from Lescott, whether he plays if he stays, reception he will get etc etc and if he's gone who plays centre half makes for disaster, and I fear the negativity regarding incoming players will get the better of us. I know thats happened before and we have got on with it BUT you can only go so far with what you have.

1-1 at best.

All the distraction from Lescott, whether he plays if he stays, reception he will get etc etc and if he's gone who plays centre half makes for disaster, and I fear the negativity regarding incoming players will get the better of us. I know thats happened before and we have got on with it BUT you can only go so far with what you have.

Spot on mate.

I'd like to see...

.........Howard..............

Nev...Yobo...Lescott...Baines

Osman..Cahill..Felli..Pienaar

........Jo...Saha............

and just bully the fookers and get the ball in the air (champagne football!) We'd have plenty of height at set-pieces and with pienaar and baines down the left we should be able to get some crosses in!