IGNORED

Yobo

Guest carlton09

Guest carlton09

This fella is somethin special

So solid at CB.

And has been solid for Nigeria. A fantastic player for us over the past 6 years.

It'd be good if he could geta few more goals tho every now and then'

What are your thoughts on this man?

Prone to the very odd mistake, other than that one of the most very underated defenders in the prem.If Everton could go next season with two from Yobo, Jagielka and Lescott fit for every game in the center of the defence then we will be up there again.

What did those three cost us...and what are they worth now?

Central defenders are only behind goalkeepers when it comes to getting better with age.May our terrific trio have long white beards before they leave Everton!

Probably only Yobo's quiet personality that has stopped him being captain more often.

He's alright. Has some good games but I never feel as confident when a decent striker is running at him than a do if they are running at Jags or Lescott. He's a great squad member but the third best centre back at the club. He makes too many mistakes to be described as solid. I like him, but we have much better within our ranks.

He's alright. Has some good games but I never feel as confident when a decent striker is running at him than a do if they are running at Jags or Lescott. He's a great squad member but the third best centre back at the club. He makes too many mistakes to be described as solid. I like him, but we have much better within our ranks.

This sums up my opinion of him also tbh. I'm just not as confident in our defence when he's playing.

the problem with him is, when he does make a mistake it ALWAYS cost us a goal. an he makes one every 2-3 games, also he seems to have a tendance to hoof the ball 40-60 yards 2 no one. Very good defender an fast, just 2 much calamity James in him.

Edited by Adpom

i agree with everyones comments, but i do think he has cut out the mistakes a hell of a lot. i think his earlier high profile ones will still haunt his reputation, but he is still fast as any striker in the league right now, and as other said, we have better but im happy to play him.

Always gaurenteed a mistake a match by him, it could be a little one or a major one, either way one is going to happen.

Decent defender but Jags and Lescott are much better

Take ya point about the mistakes altho one a game is a bit harsh! I think hes underated, hes quick and cuts out an unbelievable ammount of thru balls. He was great when alongside Stubbsy! When he played with him didnt we finish 4th? Thought so...... Edited by smeghead1

id dare say hes the quickest centre back in the prem and always great to have that to sweep up the through balls. i think everyones bein harsh about the amount of mistakes he makes costin us goals etc...i mean i can think of one that jumps to mind that cost us a certain goal and he stops a hell of a lot more than he gives away in my opinion. i maybe wrong about the mistakes and will hold my hand up but name me a few more on top of the rooney one to justify the 3 or 4 goals a season he gives away

I think the fact that Jagielka is so good, is kinda detracting some credit from Yobo.

Jag's makes mistakes, there was the terrible one against Villa and other ones along the way, but other than those he had a fantastic season.Lescott had an awful start to last season, mistakes and being caught out of position plenty of times, it happens!

What's worse a forward through on goal, plenty of time, only the goalkeeper to beat and he misses.....that can happen a few times each game......or a midfielder who's simple pass goes astray! again that kind of mistake happens 20 times during a match.Then a defender makes a mistake.....the opposing forward does HIS job and scores and we tend to remember his mistake forever.JO must have had 3 decent chances against Chelsea(away) last season HIS job is to score.....he didn't, move on!!

All our players make mistakes, look at some of Artetas corners and free kicks in the early part of last season!!

Yobo......not perfect, but on the whole a bloody good defender, I'd be pissed off if he left.Look at Carrigher....own goals aplenty, very obvious fouls in the penalty area (Lescott)....fights with his team mates! My point is every defender makes mistakes, they just get talked about more.