IGNORED

Fellaini

Fellaini  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Fellaini...AM or DM?

• AM
    • DM

seen this discussion croppin up on the cana thread so thought id open a debate for it. personally i prefer him as an am and seem to recall moyes sayin hes a possible long term replacement for cahill? correct me if im wrong :) scored 10 goals from midfield in his first season and looked out of his depth in a dm role. him and cahill upfront where terrific i thought and i would love to see him stay in the advanced position be honest.

thoughts? :D

Towards the end of the season, he really came in to his own, he started to find the space between the midfield an the defence, he also started to remove the stupid things out of his game. I personally prefer him as a more attacking midfielder then defenceive midfielder.

Strange player Fellaini!

He's scored some pretty decent goals, and has a great deft touch in the area, and I would say opponents certainly hate it when he's in area and the balls flying around, kinda like a big awkward Cahill.

I'm not sure you can label him yet as one or the other (am or dm)!

At times he seems lost when the pace is fast (he has improved a bit of late)

He's young, he has improved since he first arrived and he can score goals.We can only hope the improvement continues and he has a great season where ever he plays.

hmm...ok

anyways i dont see how 10 goals from midfield warrants a place on the bench? i mean i know he got alot of bookings but that calmed towards the end of the season and hes been nothin but a success in my eyes but i guess its all about opinions eh :)

because if every one is fit it's a question of is he better than cahill or is he better than neville. the answer is simple, cahill is a better attacking midfielder and neville is a better defensive midfielder. if you want to put him between them well you're talking about comparing him to arteta, which he would come out on the losing side by a country mile

Strange player Fellaini!

He's scored some pretty decent goals, and has a great deft touch in the area, and I would say opponents certainly hate it when he's in area and the balls flying around, kinda like a big awkward Cahill.

I'm not sure you can label him yet as one or the other (am or dm)!

At times he seems lost when the pace is fast (he has improved a bit of late)

He's young, he has improved since he first arrived and he can score goals.We can only hope the improvement continues and he has a great season where ever he plays.

I just want the guy to cut his hair......... and avoid them gay braids

Choosing between AM or Dm, i went with DM, but this is porbably the best way of describing him:

Box-to-box" midfielder

The term 'box-to-box' player is often used to refer to the most dynamic all-round/complete midfielders, who provide both defensive and attacking prowess.[4] The most versatile of players, they typically possess exceptional stamina and are usually skilled at tackling, passing, shooting and keeping possession.[3]

edit: quote is from wikipedia

Edited by Churinga

he's not really skilled at any of them though really is he? he's hardly box to box with his work ethic. he can't tackle and he's not complete enough to play MC that's why cahill was brought back because even though he's not that good at it he's still better than fellaini.

He came on club as a defensive midfielder, but he aint just good enought for that kind of responsibility, yet. So i voted attacking. When he gets more experience and gets his tackles better, and will improve his workrate, he might get back to "old" position as a defensive midfielder. But like i said atm hes more valuable for us as a attacking position.

Edited by LexKing

he's not really skilled at any of them though really is he? he's hardly box to box with his work ethic. he can't tackle and he's not complete enough to play MC that's why cahill was brought back because even though he's not that good at it he's still better than fellaini.

i understand where you are coming from in a way. he lacks starting speed and tackling skill and looks clumpsy.

But ask yourself, if he lacks skill, then why was he our topscorer? and why did he get the most Motm's on this forum?

edit: clumsy, not clumpsy ;)

Edited by Churinga

i understand where you are coming from in a way. he lacks starting speed and tackling skill and looks clumpsy.

But ask yourself, if he lacks skill, then why was he our topscorer? and why did he get the most Motm's on this forum?

edit: clumsy, not clumpsy ;)

because he can head and because he was our big money signing many people wanted to believe he was playing well. he deserved some MOTM don't get me wrong but it's a case of looking at the good (the goals) and ignoring the bad (pretty much everything else)

I Think over the next few seasons he will prove to be the powerful defensive midfielder we need, he has shown his improvement in tackling in the last month of the season and I thought he was one of our best players in the final. At points in the game the chelsea midfield couldn't get near him. people doubt him but I think he has got better in everygame at differant aspects like dribbling and tackling, he does look slow but when he's on top of his game playing with his heart his aggression will come out and the whole league will fear him, people are crying out to see cana but to be fair he is very similar to Fellaini, they both have powerful figures and real aggression. I think our team would be goal proof if we could make a team something along these lines.

---------------HOWARD-----------------

ONHEUA----LESCOTT---JAGIELKA----BAINES

--------FELLAINI-----CANA-------------

----CAHILL-----ARTETA-----PIENAAR-----

---------------YAKUBU-----------------

2 Signings and our best 11 is looking rather strong with a decent bench.

If we have the money we should just go in for Miguel Veloso, I think ive heard a figure of 13 million there asking for( I could be wrong ) if we could afford it our team would be so much stronger.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I'm one of those who didnt vote because i dont think he is any good at either position. Lets face it he was a panic buy, for months and months it was supposed to be Moutinho, we didnt offer enough and then when we did they wanted more.

All summer they tried and on the last day of the window we come up with Fellaini, nobody had ever heard of him before, Then Everton come out with a statement that they had been watching him for two years :o So why waste 6 weeks of the transfer window chasing Moutinho. ??

Reading all these replies has only helped to re-affirm what i and a few others have been saying since day one, he is not a very good player at either defending or attacking (too slow, too easily muscled off the ball, and deffo cant tackle.

So for £15 million (our highest ever Fee) i was expecting an excellent all round player, but I think we've ended up buying a turkey. :(

I am slightly confused at how people come to the conclusions they do about this guy. I think he is a good all round midfielder he is good in the air both defensivley and attacking I personally think he is tidy on the ball and plays good simple passing. Due to the bookings we say he is a bad tackler but I thnk he is an avergage tackler.

You ask where he would fit in the team I think in a 5 man midfield he fits perfectly.

Osman(New signing)fellani arteta Piernar

Cahill

In this formation he is not committed to either position. We have been linked to several good CM but I have always wondered if that is the priority. I know nothing about elm but if he turns into a good moyes signing then surely he is our new right winger.