IGNORED

The Open Golf

• 9 years later...
8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Don’t care as long as it is not tiger woods. The American media goes batshit crazy about anything tiger woods, I am tired of it,  talk up someone else for a change.  He hits one birdie and it’s “tiger making a comeback” “tiger back to his championship form?”  It’s laughable

Not just the American media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/49003811

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don’t know what it is about the guy, he is bland as hell personality wise and he was in his prime a decade ago.  He’s old washed up and not interesting.  Hell even that scandal with the women is a decade old.  Why do they still care about this guy?

He did win the Masters this year... I wish I was that washed up!

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don’t know what it is about the guy, he is bland as hell personality wise and he was in his prime a decade ago.  He’s old washed up and not interesting.  Hell even that scandal with the women is a decade old.  Why do they still care about this guy?

Because he took the game to a higher level, he’s far from washed up he won a major this year. 

Do I like him as a person not particularly, but I respect him as a sportsman. 

9 hours ago, barryj said:

What a round by Lowry though! He’ll take some catching in front of the Irish crowd. 

Heavy rain and "fresh" breeze forecast for today though, could put a spanner in the works for some. Lowry also blew a four shot lead in the 2016 US open final round by shooting 76, will he choke again?

Was an incredible round yesterday though for sure; personally I'd not be upset if he won it but I hope he comes back to the field (or they get up to him) to keep it exciting.

He certainly did and it will test his resolve especially if he drops some early shots. I was willing Westwood on yesterday as I love him to lift a major but based on yesterdays performance after his good start I’m convinced this will never happen. Never underestimate Koepka he’s still in with a chance if he gets his putter going as psychologically he’s got the upper edge. 

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I hope the Irishmen wins it.  I love when the hometown heroes prevail.

Except it's complicated by the fact that he's an Irishman rather than a Northern Irishman, so he's not really a hometown hero as he's not playing in his own country.

2 hours ago, barryj said:

He certainly did and it will test his resolve especially if he drops some early shots. I was willing Westwood on yesterday as I love him to lift a major but based on yesterdays performance after his good start I’m convinced this will never happen. Never underestimate Koepka he’s still in with a chance if he gets his putter going as psychologically he’s got the upper edge. 

Bogie, bogie start not what he was looking for though, Lowry drops one at the first as well.

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

And another one, four in four, you cursed him good and proper Barry😂.

That was my plan! 😉

Joking aside didn’t see that happening. Well played Lowry though kept his nerve and to win his first major in Ireland will be all the more special.