IGNORED

New Rule

Louis

Has this turned into an old man forum over night..........

Tut, Tut! Are we a litle bit touchy then? (or is it that you didn't learn how to spell correctly?) :P Personally, I don't mind a little SMS-spelling for a short post that is an instant reply, but please do us all a favour and leave it for SMS or your chat-room.

Thanks.

Do I sound REALLY old now? :D

Tut, Tut! Are we a litle bit touchy then? (or is it that you didn't learn how to spell correctly?) :P Personally, I don't mind a little SMS-spelling for a short post that is an instant reply, but please do us all a favour and leave it for SMS or your chat-room.

Thanks.

Do I sound REALLY old now? :D

Hate text talk, or whatever it's called. When my little sis texts me using it i ignore it until she phones. I'm only 35 but going on 75 by the sounds of it.

I like the new ruling.

I prefer to see an honest effort at spelling that may be wrong than txt chat which shows ignorance and a disrespect of the other folks that want to read the post.

So what if your spelling is not perfect, at least it shows you are trying and are attempting to put a point across.

Yes I know my spelling is a bit dodgy at times too, but to revert to txt speak is just plain ignorant.

(Just my own opinion by the way)

Has this turned into an old man forum over night..........

Dont get so up tight DM, the ruling has always been there.

I think Louis is just drawing attention to it, Go and read the guidelines ...........

SECTION 2

Suggested Member guidelines:

A • TEXT TALK - Whilst not banned, text talk is frowned upon in some quarters, it's confusing for some users, so please apply commonsense. Some abbrievations are understandable whilst others are not.

Always try to refrain from replylng to posts in text language.

• 3 weeks later...

its funny the way people are saying, i hate "txt" talking, they arent even spelling "text" right haha

But im ok with this ruling... however please forgive me if now and again i forget and use it, as im constantly texting people on my phone it can translate so easily to the internet!

• 2 weeks later...