IGNORED

Is Anybody Else Losing The Will To Live?

there was a guy on citytalk before, made a lot of sense.

lescott is probably looking at city moving forward and getting interested, arteta has been asking for players to come in, how long until the players feel like us and want to get off, and worse, how long until moyes does?

i've not lost the will to live, but looking at this http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html gets me close

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a guy on citytalk before, made a lot of sense.

lescott is probably looking at city moving forward and getting interested, arteta has been asking for players to come in, how long until the players feel like us and want to get off, and worse, how long until moyes does?

i've not lost the will to live, but looking at this http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html gets me close

Me too

Thats not really true. The Shite have signed Englands RB for £18M, if they do lose Alonso?Masherano they already have world class replacements lined up

Arsenal have only "lost" Adebeyor and are way out of our league anyway

Chelsea have signed one of the best left sided players in the world in Zirkov

Fulham have signed Steven Kelly (crap I know) but have also had a £12M bid accepted for Crouch sohave money to spend

Spurs have signed Naughton & Walker are also after Crouch add that to the money they spent in January

Sunderland have bought Campbell & Paulo da Silva and have had a £12M bid accepted for Crouch

Wigan have signed 4 players

West Ham have got Jiminez and Nouble

Villa have signed Downing and will no doubt splash more cash

United are weaker than last season but still in a different class to us

You don't know what Liverpool have lined up, their transfer window has been very worrying, two of their best players are constantly being linked with other teams, they're in loads of debt etc. Villa have sold Barry and bought Downing, basically they're weaker. West Ham are irrelevant imo, Fulham are nowhere near our level and have bought one average player, they may have had a bid accepted for Crouch but we had a bid accepted for Naughton, it doesn't mean anything unless he signs for them. Wigan have lost their best two players during the last few months, Valencia and Palacious and signed a load of nobodies. Arsenal have an injury to Nasri and now they've lost their one good and reliable striker - Van Persie has a lot to prove and is always injured. Sunderland are useless and Spurs have signed a couple of right backs for the future when they already have loads of full backs. The only worry so far is City. Everton do need to sign an RB and a RW but it's not all doom and gloom. When you actually look through our squad it's not too bad, especially once players are back from injury. The only area we are truly weak in is RW where Osman needs to be replaced and we need a good attacking RB. We're still better than everyone except the top 4 and possibly City depending on who they sign.

You don't know what Liverpool have lined up, their transfer window has been very worrying, two of their best players are constantly being linked with other teams, they're in loads of debt etc. Villa have sold Barry and bought Downing, basically they're weaker. West Ham are irrelevant imo, Fulham are nowhere near our level and have bought one average player, they may have had a bid accepted for Crouch but we had a bid accepted for Naughton, it doesn't mean anything unless he signs for them. Wigan have lost their best two players during the last few months, Valencia and Palacious and signed a load of nobodies. Arsenal have an injury to Nasri and now they've lost their one good and reliable striker - Van Persie has a lot to prove and is always injured. Sunderland are useless and Spurs have signed a couple of right backs for the future when they already have loads of full backs. The only worry so far is City. Everton do need to sign an RB and a RW but it's not all doom and gloom. When you actually look through our squad it's not too bad, especially once players are back from injury. The only area we are truly weak in is RW where Osman needs to be replaced and we need a good attacking RB. We're still better than everyone except the top 4 and possibly City depending on who they sign.

Ha ha try telling that to an Arsenal fan!

Have you actually looked at our squad? There is no way it is anywhere near big enough or good enough to play in 4 competitions I honestly hope we get dumped out of the Europa League and Carling Cup at the earliest opportunity or we could be in serious trouble come the end of the season

lol just in case you need a reminder of how wafer thin our squad is http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html

looking at our squad, thats the best choice of forwards we've had for quite some time!

but five senior defenders (not including neville) one of which is injured, leaves us massively massively short, with no room for rest or injury.

we really only have six senior midfielders (jack and gosling are still learning their trade).

i am very very worried.

moyes was talking up jack at the end of the season, is he going to be "like a new signing" this year?

im worried at the lack of quality defenders we're being linked with while we look like losing lescott.

starting the season with the squad we have now is not an option, take lescott away and we are bang in trouble.

no point in having all them strikers with no one behind them!

you have to laugh really everton came out at the end of the season and stated they have known their targets for some time and it would not be a summer of p-ssing about again in the transfer market , i know it not to late but still they said they were gonna get players in place early and yet again this has not happend,i remember a quote that last year the funds were not in place until very late ,thats not good enough ,we all know that lescott will go to city andit may happen like rooney one the last day which will be no good to moyse to spend the money on the last day, if hes gonna go sell him now and get players in , im fed up of looking at all the sites every day and as normal nothing,how come we cant sell the club when sh-tty clubs like pompey southampton and qpr even get money men

i know the ground may be an issue i think once they fget the go ahead we may be sold but if we dont were the hell does it leave us ,moyse must wander what the hell hes doing there , last year he spent 15 mill on felli but that money came from aj and mcfadden so he spent nothing ????? really peeeed offff

Edited by wakeyblue

Okay so we not been brought, we still skint an we only signed Jo.

Why all the doom an gloom?

We are in a better situation now then we were at the start of last season. For a start we got Jo in who is a goal scorer, we got a FIT Saha which we didn't have, who again is a proven goal scoreer. We got Fell whos had a whole season of prem football an now understands the english game, We got the best English LB in the country fit an has a fantasic partnership with a player who suddenly turning his potential in to reality.

Other then City, every club below us has got worse, Villa have sold there BEST player an brought Boro's worse(who injured till Jan) also looks like Young could be off. An there main defender retired. Fulham won't be a challenge, Nor will West Ham. Tottenham may push us, but i got a feeling Arry will be Pompys manager come jan :P

We still got plenty of days to go, yes we need a RW an a RB but there still plenty of time for that to happen. Come 15th Aug an we signed no one, then i'll be worried, until then i keep beleiving we sign someone an get better(an get let down, as its the Everton way).

We are in a better situation now then we were at the start of last season.

True enough, don't think there's much doubt we'll have a stronger team out against Arsenal than we had against Blackburn last year....

Howard, Neville, Yobo, Lescott, Valente, Rodwell, Baines, Osman, Jagielka, Arteta, Yakubu.

Turner, Wallace, Gosling, Kissock, Jutkiewicz, Baxter, Agard.

Even with Arteta & Yak in that's a horrible side.

I started this topic and its interesting to see both sides but as much as i feel shiiite about the lack of activity i cannot see how the board will leave us and Moysie hanging with no star signings.Granted City have smashed everybody in the transfer window and still will but i hope, hope we find some dough to buy the two quality signings we need and three or four free/loan signings we are competing for top four again :rolleyes:

I started this topic and its interesting to see both sides but as much as i feel shiiite about the lack of activity i cannot see how the board will leave us and Moysie hanging with no star signings.Granted City have smashed everybody in the transfer window and still will but i hope, hope we find some dough to buy the two quality signings we need and three or four free/loan signings we are competing for top four again :rolleyes:

Forget the top 4 I would be happy with the top 8 to be honest

Fuck it. As it stands we will be competing. Villa wont be near. Same old spurs, flatter to deceive and arsenal,liverpool as it stands havnt progressed and are one injury( gerrard,torres) from average. City are different but who says they are gonna do fook all? At the moment everybody are shitting themselves cos they have bought gareth barry, Santa Cruz and Adeybayor!!

I would expect us to be up there again this season 5th may be a tough call if City's team clicks which is a big if, Villa have lost a very influential player in Barry and Downing is a poor replacement in my book so they will be a similar team to last season as it stands, I think Spurs will struggle again they have a good squad on paper they are a top 6 team but again cant play as a unit.

My main concern is that we have shed a little weight in terms of players and although the younger lads are getting more miles on the clock i dont think we should need to rely on them. We need to bring in players and i really can not understand why we are not, Europe is going to be to big of a task if we dont and with the size of our squad one of two mid season injuries and we will be fucked. The club really should be doing more to ensure we keep pushing on and by the looks of it so far that sadly is not going to happen.

Fuck it. As it stands we will be competing. Villa wont be near. Same old spurs, flatter to deceive and arsenal,liverpool as it stands havnt progressed and are one injury( gerrard,torres) from average. City are different but who says they are gonna do fook all? At the moment everybody are shitting themselves cos they have bought gareth barry, Santa Cruz and Adeybayor!!

Not too sure why you are writting Villa off but I disagree I think they will challenge for Europe again next year, The Shite havent lost anybody and they have just signed the best right back in England so I would say that is progression.They also had Gerrard and Torres injured for large chunks of last season and they still ran Unitred close.

Hopefully Spurs will do thier normal but I do think City will be up there, then it comes to us. Im a little releived to hear Moyse come out today and say we need a CB and LB but until we get them we are in big trouble . That probably means the "budget" will be blown on those 2 and so Im not expecting any improvement to the starting XI

Everybody else seems to be strengthening thier squads and we are struggling to stand still and so I really can see us slipping down the table

Everybody else seems to be strengthening thier squads and we are struggling to stand still and so I really can see us slipping down the table

If I could be arsed I'd go back over TT and find fifty posts saying exactly the same thing from July '06, July '07 and July '08 :) .

Doesn't mean it won't be the case this time but it's just a very easy thing to say. I'll just keep the faith I think. Davey's not let us down yet and I don't expect him to this time.

tevez not good in your book?

The thing that is frustrating is that the guys we are linked with are clearly available, unlike when we all get our hopes up about Riquelme and Moutinho. I'm a bit more concerned that good quality players are choosing to play for (in my opinion) lesser clubs.

I believe that there is money available, and that we will pull somthing out the bag... i just wish we wouldn't leave it until 23.59 on deadline day.

Let's face it, it's not about who you play for for many of these players, it's how much you get paid.

If you're not a current international player and don't hold out too many hopes of becoming one then they'll choose the offer that pays the most. However, if ther's a possibility of upping your game to the next level, then the're going to go to the club that gives them the best opportunity to do that, and that means top 4 teams.

Players are going to Spurs and other clubs because they're being advised (by their advisors who get a cut too) to go for the bigger money. That's why we aren't getting the signings - because we can't afford them! It's pretty simple really.

However, if we do get a signing it's because the player wants to come here for another reason other than money - and they are the players we want. LOYALTY starts at that point.

If I could be arsed I'd go back over TT and find fifty posts saying exactly the same thing from July '06, July '07 and July '08 :) .

Doesn't mean it won't be the case this time but it's just a very easy thing to say. I'll just keep the faith I think. Davey's not let us down yet and I don't expect him to this time.

Eventually though our amature approach to transfer windows will blow up in our faces and we'll slip down the table. We've been lucky in previous seasons but how long will that luck hold? It's all very worrying at the moment tbh. I'm trying to believe that Moyes will pull something out of the bag as usual but the more time that passes the less confident I am of him doing that.

Eventually though our amature approach to transfer windows will blow up in our faces and we'll slip down the table. We've been lucky in previous seasons but how long will that luck hold? It's all very worrying at the moment tbh. I'm trying to believe that Moyes will pull something out of the bag as usual but the more time that passes the less confident I am of him doing that.

How is it lucky? we consitantly finished in the top half of the table for the last few years and finished 5 the last 2 years. thats not luck, its good manager an great team spirit an a great team, STOP WRITING US OFF AND THINKINGS EVERYONES BETTER THEN US.

To put a point to city, they brought good players, but there all mersonaries(spelling) adaboyor is really bad to have in the dressing room, he's lazy, Barry went for money an thats a fact,he practically said it himself. Robiniho can't be arsed away from home. Tevez is alot of huff an puff but no end product, an as for city defence, well they conside as much as they score.

So stop writing us off an thinking everyone who finished below us season after season is better then us, because there not.

But the teams around us are improving there teams and we are not so we are standing still and they are getting better.

The teams around us last summer improved!.....They still finished below us last season.

If we had just sold Lescott (could still happen), plus sold say either Cahill or Arteta then I'd would say that our transfer dealings would have to be really decent just to stand still......though standing still in 5th place isn't really like "standing still"..

...it's fuc%ing good!!

As mentioned above, other teams can buy who they want! can they get results out of them ....The teams that improved their squads last summer, and finished below us obviously couldn't.

There will be quite a bit of pressure on the likes of Man City and Spurs next season, couple of bad results and watch the wheels come off.I don't think football managers as a whole get worse with experience, I certainly can't name any that stand out! so I'd say Moyes is pretty much up to speed as to what he has to do.......AND I FOR ONE WONT BE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD IF LUCK WITH INJURIES DESERTS HIM AGAIN AND TEAMS THAT HAVE $MILLIONS TO SPEND PUSH US DOWN TO 7TH PLACE.

Besides the youth squad, I believe we are just on par with Arsenal going into next season. (I rate Pienaar higher than Nasri and Rosicky anyway.)

So considering they are our first opponents, we should be improving the squad now and better them for this short term. If anyone is going to leave the top 4 I think it will be them. So we have to hold off the weight of City, Spurs and Villa and Fulham if 4th is going to be an option.

On par with Arsenal? Are you mad???? Van Persie Fabregas Arshavin to name but 3 of their players who are by far better than anything that we have.

How is it lucky? we consitantly finished in the top half of the table for the last few years and finished 5 the last 2 years. thats not luck, its good manager an great team spirit an a great team, STOP WRITING US OFF AND THINKINGS EVERYONES BETTER THEN US.

To put a point to city, they brought good players, but there all mersonaries(spelling) adaboyor is really bad to have in the dressing room, he's lazy, Barry went for money an thats a fact,he practically said it himself. Robiniho can't be arsed away from home. Tevez is alot of huff an puff but no end product, an as for city defence, well they conside as much as they score.

So stop writing us off an thinking everyone who finished below us season after season is better then us, because there not.

By luck I didn't mean the way we play is lucky or anything like that. I meant how long will out luck hold were we do next to nothing in the transfer market while other teams all improve their squads. Eventually a few of those clubs (Tottenham for example) will get it right and click, meanwhile our best players are getting older but we can't afford to replace them or are linked with moves away. I couldn't blame any one of our star players for leaving when you see how we approach transfer windows to improve the team. All I'm saying is that Moyes is performing miracles with the scraps he's given, but even Championship players are costing too much for our limited budget now - look at the price of Ledley ffs, that's a joke.

I'm not writing us off, I'm just worried about the future.

We won't stay in the upper reaches forever. This is our time in the sun at the moment. People should stop moaning, accept the fact, and enjoy the moment. What will be will be. We have no divine right to success an should be greatful we have been in such a rich vien of form recently. We have been earing success rather than buying it, and im proud of that. It was not that long ago that we where relegation choices year in year out, now we are european contenders. Enjoy this moment rather than worrying about what is still to come.

Edited by jamiemaher85