IGNORED

Is Anybody Else Losing The Will To Live?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im quite worried that we may not add anymore quality to our starting lineup but its down to two obvious things over inflated prices for playes and the club not having a large amount of funds, I dont blame Kenwright and co as such im just frustrated more then anything that we will be left trailing behind if we dont pump a decent amount of transfer money into our squad or have a huge amount of luck and stumble across some cheap buys that turn out to be gems.

We still have time but it would be nice to see new faces earlier as possible and give them more time to settle in but if we dont sign anyone after the coming weekend i will be very worried that we will have a much tougher task of it this season then we have in the past few.

My desperation deadline is this weekend as of yet im frustrated but come the weekend its rant time :P

Edited by EFC-Paul

Im quite worried that we may not add anymore quality to our starting lineup but its down to two obvious things over inflated prices for playes and the club not having a large amount of funds, I dont blame Kenwright and co as such im just frustrated more then anything that we will be left trailing behind if we dont pump a decent amount of transfer money into our squad or have a huge amount of luck and stumble across some cheap buys that turn out to be gems.

We still have time but it would be nice to see new faces earlier as possible and give them more time to settle in but if we dont sign anyone after the coming weekend i will be very worried that we will have a much tougher task of it this season then we have in the past few.

My desperation deadline is this weekend as of yet im frustrated but come the weekend its rant time :P

100% agree

I'm not too worried at all at the moment. There is still time and many teams around us are yet to add to there squads. With the current financial climate teams are going to be alot more careful with there money, plus selling clubs are going to try and get as much as is humanly possible from there players.

There is still time. We have not lost any key names and already have a strong team. We still have the time to add to this, so just be patient.

100% agree I come back to a point I have made a few times before and steve rounds commens back up my frustartion. the point is if we are a well run club/company we shoul have a good idea well before the end of the season of what finances are available for transfers. Moyes being the methodical planner I hope he is should know coming towards the end of the season where we are lacking and hence where needs to be improved. With those two things in mind he should have identified 2/3 potential targets for each problem position and then should be sounding out the club managers about what their potential price would be. This would then allow him to decide what bids to make with a good idea of whether they would be expected or not. Based on the fiasco of naughton/mbia etc ( didn't want either of these players) it seems none of this is actually happening if I am right about that it really worries about the state of the finances and management of the club.

I'm not too worried at all at the moment. There is still time and many teams around us are yet to add to there squads. With the current financial climate teams are going to be alot more careful with there money, plus selling clubs are going to try and get as much as is humanly possible from there players.

There is still time. We have not lost any key names and already have a strong team. We still have the time to add to this, so just be patient.

can you tell me which teams around us have not bought yet I can think of only spurs have not made a signifcant signing and to be fair they bought in 2 new stikers in Jan.

I think there has been a shift in the direction which our transfer policy goes this year, largely due to our lack of funds, but also, we have our first 11-14 pretty much sorted - Howard, Lescott, Baines, Yobo/Jags, Hibbert, Fellaini, Cahill, Neville, Pienaar, Osman/Arteta, Jo/Yakubu - so I think its a case now of getting young players, with a year or two experience to groom in the shadows of the aforementioned players. They don't have huge wage demands, can deal with regular bench appearances, and are useful for those lesser pre/post europe matches when resting others. Players like peterlin/naughton/walker will add to the Goslings, Rodwells and Vaughns already at the club. There is only one position really needing a top price player - Right Back - but sadly, I think Moyse still sees Hibbert as the number one RB.....im not too worried about the lack of activity.....yet!!

can you tell me which teams around us have not bought yet I can think of only spurs have not made a signifcant signing and to be fair they bought in 2 new stikers in Jan.

Teams around us at the end of last season:-

Arsenal- Lost key striker and onl;y signed one defender, also lost key midfielder to injury

Villa- Signed Downing but lost Barry and Laursen, plus they have Young who is better in Downing's position, plus Downing is out for the forseeable future.

West Ham- One loan signing, but are down in numbrs becasue of the release if a number of other loan signings.

Spurs- None

Fulham- Only Stephen Taylor.

City- Gone money crazy.

Besides the youth squad, I believe we are just on par with Arsenal going into next season. (I rate Pienaar higher than Nasri and Rosicky anyway.)

So considering they are our first opponents, we should be improving the squad now and better them for this short term. If anyone is going to leave the top 4 I think it will be them. So we have to hold off the weight of City, Spurs and Villa and Fulham if 4th is going to be an option.

Edited by Moe Joe

Teams around us at the end of last season:-

Arsenal- Lost key striker and onl;y signed one defender, also lost key midfielder to injury

Villa- Signed Downing but lost Barry and Laursen, plus they have Young who is better in Downing's position, plus Downing is out for the forseeable future.

West Ham- One loan signing, but are down in numbrs becasue of the release if a number of other loan signings.

Spurs- None

Fulham- Only Stephen Taylor.

City- Gone money crazy.

Don't! I want us to sign him! Stephen Kelly - I don't want us to sign him!!! They've also signed risse's bro today!

Has anyone been on other clubs forums? Are they panicking like us? Chill boys and girls, it'll all come good in the end!

Edited by c1982

Don't I want us to sign him! Stephen Kelly - I don't want us to sign him!!! They've also signed risse's bro today!

Has anyone been on other clubs forums? Are they panicking like us? Chill boys and girls, it'll all come good in the end!

Fans i've spoken with seem to be a little panicy, mainly becasue of City going mental. But i'm not too sure about on other forums.

The whole transfer window saga is extremely frustrating but I think maybe its time that we accepted that we are no longer a big club. We are a mid table side that has been punching above its weight for the past couple of seasons

It is obvious that we cant compete with the top four but its also increasingly clear that we can not compete financially with the likes of Spurs, Villa, Man City, Wigan, Sunderland, Portsmouth and West Ham

Our failings in the transfer market are well documented but sadly inevitable until such time that we can find that ellusive billionaire.

Lescott must be able to see that and so you could not fault him if he decides to go to City , not only could he triple his wages he would also be joining a side that is clearly on the way up. He must be wondering if Everton have gone as far as they can, I know I am.

I also dont blame Spurs/Harry Redknapp for the Naughton farce he is only doing what is best for his club. I would be over the moon if the roles were reversed and Moysie was swooping in at the last minute to gazump any other club

If we dont make at least 4 new signings I will be hoping we have a repeat of last seasons start ie getting dumped out of the Carling Cup & Europa League at the first hurdle because we simply wouldnt be able to cope with the size of the squad we have

I want us to make signings as much as anyone but the reality is hardly any clubs have done significant transfer business except for City. Liverpool have signed a RB but are rumoured to be losing one or two of their best midfielders, Arsenal have lost a couple of players and only signed one (I think) Utd have made a couple of low key signings and sold their best player by a mile. Chelsea have done nothing, Aston Villa have weakened their team etc etc. We had loads of injuries last season and have good young players coming through, we just NEED a RB and RW, anything else is a bonus.

I honestly belive with BK comming out again at the beginning of the window and saying that we need investment and DM saying looking at loan and free signings its there way or saying we wont be making any big signings.

My concerns are clubs around us will spend as most have more money than us and although we dont know the reason why Naughton choose Spurs over us all the reports going around are they offered more money and when it comes down to it if its a battle with us and another club in the top half of the table for a player then they will most prob offer more money to get them.

Its all very well Dm saying he looking for fringe players with frees and loans to beef out the team for the extra game but for that to work they have to be as good as already have or might as well just bring in the youth players.

I beleive this summer could be a very frustrating summer for us however the thing that really worries me is if I read it right that BK said they he has not rejected any bids for investment which beggers the ? how come we not had any when the likes of Portsmouth and Notts County to name a few have.

Its a bit same old same old isn't, this happens every year and when I'm on my hols at the end of August each year I'm desparately checking the interweb to see who weve signed (or not)

Still early days by everyones standards. the fact that not many other teams have been too busy is a good indication of the circumstances if nothing else

I want us to make signings as much as anyone but the reality is hardly any clubs have done significant transfer business except for City. Liverpool have signed a RB but are rumoured to be losing one or two of their best midfielders, Arsenal have lost a couple of players and only signed one (I think) Utd have made a couple of low key signings and sold their best player by a mile. Chelsea have done nothing, Aston Villa have weakened their team etc etc. We had loads of injuries last season and have good young players coming through, we just NEED a RB and RW, anything else is a bonus.

Thats not really true. The Shite have signed Englands RB for £18M, if they do lose Alonso?Masherano they already have world class replacements lined up

Arsenal have only "lost" Adebeyor and are way out of our league anyway

Chelsea have signed one of the best left sided players in the world in Zirkov

Fulham have signed Steven Kelly (crap I know) but have also had a £12M bid accepted for Crouch sohave money to spend

Spurs have signed Naughton & Walker are also after Crouch add that to the money they spent in January

Sunderland have bought Campbell & Paulo da Silva and have had a £12M bid accepted for Crouch

Wigan have signed 4 players

West Ham have got Jiminez and Nouble

Villa have signed Downing and will no doubt splash more cash

United are weaker than last season but still in a different class to us

Tenaciois said...............

So...

Moyes Shopping List

Berg

Naughton

M'bia

Cana

Elia

Jo

Doing well.

Not doing too well are we. :(

I know, i didn't realise i was putting up the list of all the targets we've missed out on lol i was actually optimistic for 3 (Naughton, berg and Jo) but i think Jo is going to be the only one we will sign. Its a bit gutting isnt it. I agree with Duncan, i think we've gotta look at ourselves honestly next season and see that we're just not who we think we are. Plus...(i know iits been mentioned before) how boring are the ST's haha, i wanted a nice Dixie pic like last season, or 'He's got red hair, Davey' lol

The whole transfer window saga is extremely frustrating but I think maybe its time that we accepted that we are no longer a big club. We are a mid table side that has been punching above its weight for the past couple of seasons

It is obvious that we cant compete with the top four but its also increasingly clear that we can not compete financially with the likes of Spurs, Villa, Man City, Wigan, Sunderland, Portsmouth and West Ham

Our failings in the transfer market are well documented but sadly inevitable until such time that we can find that ellusive billionaire.

Lescott must be able to see that and so you could not fault him if he decides to go to City , not only could he triple his wages he would also be joining a side that is clearly on the way up. He must be wondering if Everton have gone as far as they can, I know I am.

I also dont blame Spurs/Harry Redknapp for the Naughton farce he is only doing what is best for his club. I would be over the moon if the roles were reversed and Moysie was swooping in at the last minute to gazump any other club

If we dont make at least 4 new signings I will be hoping we have a repeat of last seasons start ie getting dumped out of the Carling Cup & Europa League at the first hurdle because we simply wouldnt be able to cope with the size of the squad we have

Great post and agree with your 100%.

We have had a good couple of seasons without really spending much money compared to other clubs but have to beleive at some point it wont go our way. We was lucky last season in that the injuries where to our strikers and although didnt have many strikers to call on if it had been to 3 of our defeneders then we might have had a different season completey.

It's going to be the same as last year, a f??@ing let down. Cana will go to the shite if they sell alonso and Delph will go to villa. To attract players we need to have the money to pay the wages. DM is doing a fantastic job, in terms of money available he's doing better than the teams above us, he looks for young talent and won't spend cash willy nilly, but i sometimes think he has to. Another half a mill could have got us Naughton. From some where a ultra rich guy has got to come along and invest cash, otherwise we'll keep slipping down the league more and more as more billionaires buy the rest of the clubs.

What I can't understand is why would someone buy pompey and nots us, baffles me that one. If we keep selling our best then we are nothing but a west ham, and i personally don't want that. Everton Football Club is one of the most famous, well supported and decent club in the world and it's about time someone put us back where we belong.

Rant over.

Edited by Chris the Blue

why aren't the board getting Mr Earl more involved....or get his hollywood a-lister friends investing. Imagine a consortium made up of Sly Stallone, Arnie, Tom Cruise, and Steven Spielberg.....They could even help get BK back into acting.....???

Having Arnie and Sly on the board would be awesome.