IGNORED

Is Anybody Else Losing The Will To Live?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and you must have missed the post where I listed who we had missed out on.

This season Owen naughton defour m'bia jabobsen that we have had confirmed bids for

Naughton is the only player we've confirmed a bid for. You have to stop believing everything you read in the papers....the way you're going you'll have slit your wrists by the 15th :o .

M'bia was constantly saying it was between us and marseilles. Moyes stated he was gutted to have missed out on owen and defour and SL confimed a bid of 13mil had come in from everton.

Manny was defintaly a missed transfer, we admitted in the press we couldn't afford Jo over what man city were paying. and jacobsen was here and we didn't sign him. thats 7 confirmations

M'bia was constantly saying it was between us and marseilles. Moyes stated he was gutted to have missed out on owen and defour and SL confimed a bid of 13mil had come in from everton.

Manny was defintaly a missed transfer, we admitted in the press we couldn't afford Jo over what man city were paying. and jacobsen was here and we didn't sign him. thats 7 confirmations

That's one confirmation this window. Find any official link from Everton to prove your point....keeping on saying it doesn't make it true ffs.

Can understand people being frustrated, but pretending speculation is fact to make the situation look worse is just plain daft imo.

Haven't Villa lost 4 first team players and signed one, and he's injured!,Didn't Spurs do way better than us last year in transfer dealings!Do members really think we can live with Man City when it comes to spending power!.......at least wait until time runs out before you all wright Everton off.

If we get injuries sure were going to be fuc%ed.......so are Spurs, Villa, Fulham and all those other clubs(except Man Cty and United and Chelsea)that are supposed to be taking our 5th place!

Edited by Blue 250

That's one confirmation this window. Find any official link from Everton to prove your point....keeping on saying it doesn't make it true ffs.

Can understand people being frustrated, but pretending speculation is fact to make the situation look worse is just plain daft imo.

M'bia. Quotes from his agent. (What reason to lie when he knew the deal with marseilles was done)

Everton are reportedly offering the best salary, giving David Moyes' side an edge, while Marseille are said to only be prepared to pay 11million euros.

But the player's lawyer, Ralph Isenegger, has told French media M'Bia would prefer to play for Didier Deschamps' team in the Champions League.

Isenegger said: "We are in talks. It is a draw between Marseille and Everton so far.

"Stephane had a new phone call with Didier Deschamps on Sunday. They have very good first feelings.

"Didier has chosen him because he is aware he is the best Ligue 1 player in his position.

"Stephane would love to work with him, even if David Moyes is an excellent coach too.

"So it remains open. If Marseille makes a small additional effort, he will sign there. Otherwise he will move to England."

Owen Quotes (what possible reason does JK have to lie)

Just because everton don't confirm every bid especially oneas that got turned down it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Your a joker really mike this forum is about opinions and yet anyone with a separate opinion you don't like it.

Former Newcastle manager, Joe Kinnear, revealed on Sky Sports that David Moyes made another attempt to sign Michael Owen in the January transfer window.

"In the last window there was a chance of him going to Everton but that fell through and now he's going to an even bigger club," Kinnear told Sky Sports News.

Moyes made a serious attempt to sign the former Liverpool striker four years ago but he signed on for huge money at St James Park instead.

Owen, of course, sealed a surprise move to Manchester United yesterday after again being linked with

Your a joker really mike this forum is about opinions and yet anyone with a separate opinion you don't like it.

Don't be ridiculous. We're not talking about opinions, I'm perfectly happy for you to have whatever opinion you like, we're talking facts.....and your beautifully researched posts have unequivically proved the fact that Everton have only confirmed one offer. I don't give a flying fuck what other managers, agents, players and press have said.

Not arguing with you, it seems about as pointless as trying to beat my wife in an argument, never letting the facts get in the way of a good story :) .

Don't be ridiculous. We're not talking about opinions, I'm perfectly happy for you to have whatever opinion you like, we're talking facts.....and your beautifully researched posts have unequivically proved the fact that Everton have only confirmed one offer. I don't give a flying fuck what other managers, agents, players and press have said.

Not arguing with you, it seems about as pointless as trying to beat my wife in an argument, never letting the facts get in the way of a good story :) .

Whether you argue or not it's plainly obvious we were in for these players the quotes are from people in the know. Do you honestly believe JoeKinnear would lie about us being in for. Owen.

i cant believe it, all these players we've missed out on!

scott parker, joey barton, damien duff, alan smith, if we keep on missing out on all of our targets, and they must be true because i read them, im gunna go mad!

memma seriously mate, relax. it has been pointed out as lazy journalism over and over again.

players have agents, they would like more money or a transfer.

the agent thinks "my player isnt good enough for man united, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal or city. whos next, everton spurs and villa"

agent rings the press, "ive had contact about my player from everton spurs and villa"

his club decide they either want to keep the player and may give him more money, or they want to sell and tell the agent to find him another club.

or, a manager has a player he wants shut of. calls the press "hi, ive just had a bunch of premier league clubs on the phone asking about johnny winger, we'll sell him if they give us about £5m. but i didnt tell you, wink wink"

stop the press! "fc no mark are in talks with numerous clubs regarding a potential transfer of johnny winger. they arent looking to sell him, but they would be tempted to do business at £5m"

the media is a very big and very effective tool for agents, clubs, players and managers alike. but dont believe it all.

Even if you take it as read that we havent been in for any of these players the situation is still seriously gloomy

The club are claiming that the only 2 players that we have bid for so far this summer are Jo and Naughton. If thats true am I the only one who is worried that we are entering August with only four defenders and a pathetically thin squad and the club are doing nothing about it?

M'bia. Quotes from his agent. (What reason to lie when he knew the deal with marseilles was done)

Everton are reportedly offering the best salary, giving David Moyes' side an edge, while Marseille are said to only be prepared to pay 11million euros.

But the player's lawyer, Ralph Isenegger, has told French media M'Bia would prefer to play for Didier Deschamps' team in the Champions League.

Isenegger said: "We are in talks. It is a draw between Marseille and Everton so far.

"Stephane had a new phone call with Didier Deschamps on Sunday. They have very good first feelings.

"Didier has chosen him because he is aware he is the best Ligue 1 player in his position.

"Stephane would love to work with him, even if David Moyes is an excellent coach too.

"So it remains open. If Marseille makes a small additional effort, he will sign there. Otherwise he will move to England."

There is a little known thing called positional bargaining...... Everton may have shown the slightest interest and his agent has taken full advantage of it........... Everton really want my player bla bla bla..... so you better offer us more money....

Have you never tried to get yourself a wage rise by trying something similar......

then again your a 16yr old girl by the sounds of it flipping burgers for minimum wage.... i guess you will never experience that....

Owen Quotes (what possible reason does JK have to lie)

Just because everton don't confirm every bid especially oneas that got turned down it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Former Newcastle manager, Joe Kinnear, revealed on Sky Sports that David Moyes made another attempt to sign Michael Owen in the January transfer window.

"In the last window there was a chance of him going to Everton but that fell through and now he's going to an even bigger club," Kinnear told Sky Sports News.

Moyes made a serious attempt to sign the former Liverpool striker four years ago but he signed on for huge money at St James Park instead.

Owen, of course, sealed a surprise move to Manchester United yesterday after again being linked with

Even if we were in for him.... im guessing we made an enquiry at the most......

HE ENDED UP AT ONE OF THE BEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD....... DO YOU REALLY THINK WERE ON THE SAME LEVEL

YOU IDIOT!!!!!

Edited by DangerMouse

memma stop being so negative!

what i expected in this summer is happening

just got to move on and wait for the signing

but every club misses out on targets it happenes!

the new season is only a couple of weeks away anyway...

i hate the transfer season mainly because of the attitude of some of the everton supporters

DM your great value!! Such well thought out insults prove you true level of intelligence anyway back to the debate.

I truelly beleive we were in for both owen and m;bia and I believe we missed out on them but that is not 100% concrete so some of it is me reading between the lines.

Ok so put that to one side for a minute I assume your main point is I am negative and scare mongoring about our lack of activity in the transfer market. However you percieve it I am very concerned about the lack of activity and I think unless it changes before the deadline we will not finish in the top 6.

Are you honestly not worried about it??

memma stop being so negative!

what i expected in this summer is happening

just got to move on and wait for the signing

but every club misses out on targets it happenes!

the new season is only a couple of weeks away anyway...

i hate the transfer season mainly because of the attitude of some of the everton supporters

So my attitude that we have vastly reduced the first team squad and in 2 months have only brought back one loan signing is negative. I agree it is negative but I am not causing the negativity I am reacting to it.

So my attitude that we have vastly reduced the first team squad and in 2 months have only brought back one loan signing is negative. I agree it is negative but I am not causing the negativity I am reacting to it.

Who did we lose that contributed to the first team though?

Either Gosling or Wallace could manage the small number of games van der Meyde, Nuno Valente or whoever played last year? No point in complaining about numbers diminishing if the players lost were never used anyway..

The squad is looking frightfully thin, that's plain but I'd rather give the younger players a chance than someone like van der Meyde. (Even if I did have hopes he would turn everything around for himself when he came here).

I hope people start to kiss and make up coz EVERY topic seems to have the same few, spitting their dummies out, its getting boring.

The issue i have after reading reports of last nights game, is the lack of attacking/quality options in our midfield.

Neville and Rodwell at Central Defensive Mids.

Fellaini at Attacking Mid.

Cahill as Right Winger?

Osman at Left Winger?

For me, we have 3 possibly 4 people playing in unatural positions (count fellaini if you will) and there's no menace about the side at all. Granted Pienaar was out, but if thats the situation come August, we will get rolled over!!

Cahill hasnt got bags of pace and is ill-affective unless in the middle. Nev and Rodders together proved we are filling spaces, with 2 DM's. Osman, i dont rate but is alot better in the middle again. So i'm trying to be patient, but we really need some top drawer signings (RW, LW or AM im not bothered, we as a team, need it)

I hope people start to kiss and make up coz EVERY topic seems to have the same few, spitting their dummies out, its getting boring.

The issue i have after reading reports of last nights game, is the lack of attacking/quality options in our midfield.

Neville and Rodwell at Central Defensive Mids.

Fellaini at Attacking Mid.

Cahill as Right Winger?

Osman at Left Winger?

For me, we have 3 possibly 4 people playing in unatural positions (count fellaini if you will) and there's no menace about the side at all. Granted Pienaar was out, but if thats the situation come August, we will get rolled over!!

Cahill hasnt got bags of pace and is ill-affective unless in the middle. Nev and Rodders together proved we are filling spaces, with 2 DM's. Osman, i dont rate but is alot better in the middle again. So i'm trying to be patient, but we really need some top drawer signings (RW, LW or AM im not bothered, we as a team, need it)

Exactly.

We just need versatility in the squad. If we can get a few natural positioners (they don't even have to be starters) into the team everything will pan out.

And then after that, if worst case scenario happens and we get injuries, we could say (in a hypothetical situation) "its ok! We can play Rodwell as CB! Maybe Gosling as RB as well since Neville is injured and Cahill is now DMC!"

But we can't have that mentality above when the season hasn't even begun. In our case, with the Rodwell/Yobo/Lescott trio. If we got another CB, it would even out.

Edited by Moe Joe

I see it more like this:

Howard

Hibbert(Neville) , Jags/Yobo , Lescott , Baines(Lescott/Neville)

Neville/Rodwell/Peterlin

Osman/Gosling(Arteta/Pieenaar) Arteta(Fellaini/Cahill/Neville) Pienaar(Osman/Arteta)

Cahill(Osman), Fellaini/Anichebe

Yak/Jo/Saha/Vaughn

So for me the areas we need to strengthen with quality and/or experience are the 2 underlined. However, it would be good to maybe get some natural width on the right from a more natural winger as hibbo is useless going forward and osman is too central, and definately some cover at CB (short term at least so a loanee would work best. The ones in brackets are alternatives from other positions

I see it more like this:

Howard

Neville/Rodwell/Peterlin

Osman/Gosling(Arteta/Pieenaar) Arteta(Fellaini/Cahill/Neville) Pienaar(Osman/Arteta)

Yak/Jo/Saha/Vaughn

Looks like were going to need Neville!

Joking aside if he(Neville) does have an influential season,(and he really wasn't too bad last season), how good was that signing now when you look back.

I see it more like this:

Howard

Neville/Rodwell/Peterlin

Yak/Jo/Saha/Vaughn

Looks like were going to need Neville!

Joking aside if he(Neville) does have an influential season,(and he really wasn't too bad last season), how good was that signing now when you look back.

He is Mr Versatile....

Not really anywhere to add this without starting a new thread, but no-one seems to have mentioned that we've won a trophy this season - the MLS AllStars one.....does anyone know if we get to keep it (or a replica)?

Just something positive amongst the doom and gloom.....

to add to that...seems we were the first overseas team to win it.....

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090730&content_id=6141398&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp