IGNORED

Dr Memma's Crazy Formation Workshop Thread

3 very good strikers + vic and saha.

We all have high hopes for JV but that statement is ridiculous really, it must read we have 3 very good strikers + vic and vaughan. The latter 2 being potential. Jo, Saha and Yak are above JV and Vic because they are proven at this level, unfortunately JV still hasn't stayed fit enough to fully prove himself yet even though he's been around for the past 3/4 seasons. With our options now I think we could quite easily lose vic with now agaard and baxter chasing a place on the bench too.

Edited by c1982

OK not sure this would work in reality but and it's more a champ manager type formation but would this work to be able to accomodate our better players. 2 formations below

Howard

Neville Jags Lescott baines

Arteta Fellani

Cahill

Vaughn Yak Jo

Obvioulsy Osman peanuts saha and Vic could be swapped in and out of this formation to cover several positions. Also you could argue there is no defendive cover.

OR

Howard

Jags Yobo Lescott

Neville Baines

Arteta Felli Piernar

Vaughn Yak

Obviously again osman cahill etc could be swapped in and out. I also think neville would need to be repaced with someone more offensive. other obvious problem is having no cover at CB. (Maybe rodwell)

Howard

Jags Yobo Lescott

Neville Baines

Arteta Felli Piernar

Vaughn Yak

Obviously again osman cahill etc could be swapped in and out. I also think neville would need to be repaced with someone more offensive. other obvious problem is having no cover at CB. (Maybe rodwell)

Suggested something similar on here...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17848&st=0&p=171646&hl=yobojagslescott&fromsearch=1entry171646

Your formation is pretty much what I was trying to get across. I think with moyes's tradition of buying players who can play more than one position both formations allow a certain level of flexibility. I think with the srtikers we will have at our disposal (Saha hopefully stays fit) we should look to get more out of them rather than playing 1 up front although I still believe 45 gets the best of our team especially cahill.

What do people think of treating cahill as one of the striking options rather than a midfielder.