will

big signing  

38 members have voted

1. 1. who will it be this year

• mountinho
    • fernandes
    • someone else ( please state )
    • nobody

As Jamie has said Manny wont be coming here this year if ever at all and i really would not class him as a "big" signing, I think people really need to move on from the of Moutinho its a pipe dream he would be well out of our price range.

I dont think we will sign any players this window remeber your question is big summer signing so Elm doesnt come into this in all honesty as good a prospect he looks he is a nobody.

A £4 to £5 mil buy and a couple freebies is what i expect from now if that!

the sad thing is the 2 options that are the only people that been suggested aren't even rumours as transfers let alone looking likely to come!

Moutinho isn't coming, pretty sure of that and same goes for Fernandes.

I don't know if we'll get anyone new, I think we'll get at least one signing but weather they'd be considered to be big or not is undecided.

I've heard the new lad selling the pies is carrying a few pounds.

Our big 'signing' this time around has been Jo.

We'll get another CB. Nothing too big, since Jags will eventually be back. A cheap center back for cover.

Moyes will be searching in the LB department, I expect him to pick up a squad player for that position. 3 - 5 million. It would be great if its a wing back who could play on the left in times of drought.

We don't need a DMC ftr, Neville, Cahill, Fellaini etc can all play there. If there are extra funds a winger would help us immensely. Here's hoping we'll be able to pick another winger up for around 6. But I'm not holding much hope.

We'll be getting squad players because if we spend all the dough on one big signing, we won't compete. Its that simple. We need squad players. Fillers who can adapt to the Moyes ethic. If we are in that much need of a dmc, I would actually (at the moment), consider Barton. He'd be dirt cheap and I would hope that Moyes wouldn't take his stick. He's a fiery little bugger and may be what we need to cover a back four which may not be fully recovered. Cana would have been the better option but if Joey is worth 2 - 4 million that may be the difference.

Also, Moyes has stated that Jo can play on the left side of midfield. So maybe he will be playing him on the left and pienaar on the right, with Yak/Vaughan up front.

We are versatile but so thin at the same time.

Squad players will repair this.

Moutinho will not.

Edited by Moe Joe

Our big 'signing' this time around has been Jo.

We'll get another CB. Nothing too big, since Jags will eventually be back. A cheap center back for cover.

Moyes will be searching in the LB department, I expect him to pick up a squad player for that position. 3 - 5 million. It would be great if its a wing back who could play on the left in times of drought.

We don't need a DMC ftr, Neville, Cahill, Fellaini etc can all play there. If there are extra funds a winger would help us immensely. Here's hoping we'll be able to pick another winger up for around 6. But I'm not holding much hope.

We'll be getting squad players because if we spend all the dough on one big signing, we won't compete. Its that simple. We need squad players. Fillers who can adapt to the Moyes ethic. If we are in that much need of a dmc, I would actually (at the moment), consider Barton. He'd be dirt cheap and I would hope that Moyes wouldn't take his stick. He's a fiery little bugger and may be what we need to cover a back four which may not be fully recovered. Cana would have been the better option but if Joey is worth 2 - 4 million that may be the difference.

Also, Moyes has stated that Jo can play on the left side of midfield. So maybe he will be playing him on the left and pienaar on the right, with Yak/Vaughan up front.

We are versatile but so thin at the same time.

Squad players will repair this.

Moutinho will not.

I would hate to see Jo playing there he doesnt put in a shift when he plays up front( especially away from Goodison) so he would be a complete waste of space in left midfield and would leave Baines too exposed

Kind of agree with most of what you say though, we can forget all about improving the side for the forseeable future the best we can hope for is for Moyse to pad the squad out a bit with second rate squad players.

With that in mind I am surprised we didnt go for Sean Davis on a free from Pompey

I would hate to see Jo playing there he doesnt put in a shift when he plays up front( especially away from Goodison) so he would be a complete waste of space in left midfield and would leave Baines too exposed

Kind of agree with most of what you say though, we can forget all about improving the side for the forseeable future the best we can hope for is for Moyse to pad the squad out a bit with second rate squad players.

With that in mind I am surprised we didnt go for Sean Davis on a free from Pompey

I imagine he was out of our price range wage wise. obviously, i have no idea what he is on, but generally, don't players get a lot better wages when a transfer fee isn't involved? I'm swinging in the dark, but say he wanted 25-30k a week. would we pay that for a fringe player??

Im hoping we go in with a bid for miguel velso.

same, if we go in on the quiet with a bid of what they are asking for we might have a chance. But with Everton we would probably be skimping for a lower fee which might put him off and put better teams in the waiting list for him

Ive got a feeling we are just waiting for the sky money to buy players.

If I had the choice I would do anything possible to get Fernandes back, I think he has the potential to be one of the most gifted players at the club, and with Valencia being in debt maybe we could get him.

We are bound to get a centerback and Ive got a bad feeling we will sign Turner from hull (please go in for someone better )

Edited by Blue4Ever

same, if we go in on the quiet with a bid of what they are asking for we might have a chance. But with Everton we would probably be skimping for a lower fee which might put him off and put better teams in the waiting list for him

Ive got a feeling we are just waiting for the sky money to buy players.

If I had the choice I would do anything possible to get Fernandes back, I think he has the potential to be one of the most gifted players at the club, and with Valencia being in debt maybe we could get him.

We are bound to get a centerback and Ive got a bad feeling we will sign Turner from hull (please go in for someone better )

If a big club like Bolton cant afford him weve got no chance!

I remember thinking Jagielka probably wasn't the right move, and to be honest I didn't think Baines was the best we could afford, and then their was Cahill from the lower division, with that dodgy old knee......nar! surely we can do better than those kind of players.

I WAS pretty happy when we signed Kroldrup, he seemed a pretty big name with a reputation and a future and That old VDM had the right credentials, now what happened to them? :unsure: It's not always how much you spend, and their reputation, even Arteta didn't cost an arm and a leg, and other teams didn't want him.Somewhere out there is an up and coming central defender, who when given their break could put Torres in his back pocket......John Terry was unheard of at one time....so was Jagielka!