IGNORED

Michael Ball

Louis

Would you like ball to come back as back up?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like ball to come back as back up?

• yes
    • no

We've lost nuno and likely to be losing joleon - so yes as back-up. Not strictly a rumour is this? Link? Lead by example!!! ;)

negative attitute isnt it? Were standing are ground against citys millions at the moment, as long as lescott keeps out of it he will stay at the blues.. Im confident we will keep him, it shows city have lost slight interest with turning there attention int he last week to a few new people

negative attitute isnt it? Were standing are ground against citys millions at the moment, as long as lescott keeps out of it he will stay at the blues.. Im confident we will keep him, it shows city have lost slight interest with turning there attention int he last week to a few new people

Lescott's already had talks with citeh representatives, he wants to go, he doesn't need to say anything publicly. We are now negotiating the best deal for us, if that deal involves richards then it'll obviously be held up.

Lescott's already had talks with citeh representatives, he wants to go, he doesn't need to say anything publicly. We are now negotiating the best deal for us, if that deal involves richards then it'll obviously be held up.

that is a bold statement to make without backing it up

If we look at the lescott situation properly. Yes he is a great player and has been brilliant for us, but at the same time he is not unreplaceable, certainly if we get a player of Richards potential and £15m or so, then I feel it is good business. If we had a stronger financial position I would say no chance, but alas we are not exactly rolling in it. The money from lescott will give us an opportunity to strengthen other areas of the team and also to find a replacement.

We could get a similar quality player from abroad for a lot less. Rodwell will be a centre half in 2 years, and lescott does have a history with knee problems, all in all it does make sense, will be a loss but we will be adequately compensated.

We could get a similar quality player from abroad for a lot less. Rodwell will be a centre half in 2 years, and lescott does have a history with knee problems, all in all it does make sense, will be a loss but we will be adequately compensated.

i really dont think we would get a similar quality player from abroad for a lot less.

lescotts history of knee problems were from an assault, not from having an injury, that should all be fine now, and certainly not a reason to sell!

we should not underestimate continuity, look at how we've improved from having a long term manager. we need to build on what we've got. moyes has brought us a good keeper and a solid defence, the only weak point being the right back, and hes now trying to sort that out. we dont need to add to the problem by losing lescott. we do not need to be starting the season with half a new defence. it is of no benefit to lose a defender to fund a midfielder, false economy as we could lose one rock to bring in two duds.

on topic, yes, id have him as cover. cheap and can do a job when baines is out, which is hopefully not a lot.

We've lost nuno and likely to be losing joleon - so yes as back-up. Not strictly a rumour is this? Link? Lead by example!!! ;)

I wouldn't say it was likely, I dont belive for a second he will go unless its something stupid like 25 - 30 million which no one would complain about.

Read through lescott/arteta thread - I know my source is reliable/ from the horses mouth. It's up to others to believe or not believe.

Don't believe it one ounce :D

With regards to Ball...can't decide. Would be cover but given extreme circumstances shouldn't we bring in youth players...

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

• 2 weeks later...

When we signed Ball, he was one of the major reasons we didnt go down (the year Sheff Utd went down).

He did really, really well.

Then he seemed to slide a bit, he did a good job for us,despite what others will say.

If he's your cover full back (obviously Baines wil be 1st choice), then on a free I think he'd be a good signing.

Unless you have any kids in reserve.

We are well covered at LB with Bridge, Garido & McGivern.

moyes has talked about needing back up for both the left back and centre back position after the release of nuno valente and the injury to phil jagielka. we all know that micheal ball is a very capible left back and i seem to remember that he had a good spell at centre half while at us, he is a free agent after being released by city - what do you think?