IGNORED

Peanuts - Merged

Adpom

Steven Pienaar could be on his way out at Everton after rejecting a new contract. He has attracted interest from Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina. (Daily Mail)

Maybe the start of the players revolt against the lack of ambition the club is showing in the transfer market? It's possible that the "big ticket" players at the club have seen another pre-season of inactivity in the transfer market and decided that they need to move elsewhere to progress. Both Arteta and Lescott have been quoted recently that the club needs to be signing big name players and pushing on and nothing comes from it. Hopefully this is just the start of the negotiations and not an out right rejection of a new contract, however it does make you wonder how long the big name stars will stick around when it is apparent that players seem to prefer to go to other clubs (any other clubs in some circumstances) than come to GP...

ffs, just give him the dosh he wants. Chances are he will want parity with arteta, cahill, saha, fellaini and yak, and to be honest he would be justified. Why piss him off when we would only get £8m for him but would need £15m to replace him. Consistent performer, fan favourite, I do not want to see another Don Hutchison situation again. Don wanted a few grand more when he was on 15k, and we had players like campbell and big dunc on 35k.

Pienaar could look at fellaini and demand same pay.

Steven Pienaar could be on his way out at Everton after rejecting a new contract. He has attracted interest from Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina. (Daily Mail)

Maybe the start of the players revolt against the lack of ambition the club is showing in the transfer market? It's possible that the "big ticket" players at the club have seen another pre-season of inactivity in the transfer market and decided that they need to move elsewhere to progress. Both Arteta and Lescott have been quoted recently that the club needs to be signing big name players and pushing on and nothing comes from it. Hopefully this is just the start of the negotiations and not an out right rejection of a new contract, however it does make you wonder how long the big name stars will stick around when it is apparent that players seem to prefer to go to other clubs (any other clubs in some circumstances) than come to GP...

Well you cant really blame any player who wants to further thier career its pretty obvious that we arent going to go any further as a club so our best players are bound to want to jump ship

Well you cant really blame any player who wants to further thier career its pretty obvious that we arent going to go any further as a club so our best players are bound to want to jump ship

Why don't you just go an put your man City shirt on an leave us all alone. Its all you ever say in every single post, is we gone as far as we can or the end is near an were all DOOMED DOOMED I TELL YA DOOMED.

Why don't you just go an put your man City shirt on an leave us all alone. Its all you ever say in every single post, is we gone as far as we can or the end is near an were all DOOMED DOOMED I TELL YA DOOMED.

Im just facing reality, we are not going to be improving the starting XI anytime soon so how are the club meant to progress and the likes of Arteta and Cahill have alrady come out and said we need to be buying better players

The best we can hope for at the moment is a few loan signings / free transfers to boost numbers thats hardly the sign of a side going places is it?

If Lescott goes it will plunge the club into a defensive crisis

How can you blame any of our players if they decide the club has gone as far is it can and decide to leave?

Oh and how any of that makes me a City fan I dont know

Daily Mail 27th July

Steven Pienaar has rejected a new Everton contract.

What?

EDIT: My apologies for posting this in the rumours thread for Pienaar, didn't see it in the general section.

Edited by TC.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5455866,00.html

its defintely true, and it is an initial offer, we shouldnt be trying these small initial offers for are best players, gods sake everton, tie ya assets down

Just because SSN report it doesn't make it true, they're just reporting the same story as before. Once they get quotes from Everton or his agent then we can say it's definitely true.

Just because SSN report it doesn't make it true, they're just reporting the same story as before. Once they get quotes from Everton or his agent then we can say it's definitely true.

yeah your right mate, they must have a reliable source though i imagine

Im just facing reality, we are not going to be improving the starting XI anytime soon so how are the club meant to progress and the likes of Arteta and Cahill have alrady come out and said we need to be buying better players

The best we can hope for at the moment is a few loan signings / free transfers to boost numbers thats hardly the sign of a side going places is it?

If Lescott goes it will plunge the club into a defensive crisis

How can you blame any of our players if they decide the club has gone as far is it can and decide to leave?

Oh and how any of that makes me a City fan I dont know

The city thing was a joke. An i apologise for it.

How do you no we arn't going to be adding to our starting xi? can you show me a link where it says it, where moyes has said for a FACT that we won't.

Cahill an Arteta both signed 5 year deals last year, so they beleive the club is going forward.

Moving forward, i have seen signs of us going backwards either, nor seen any team(so far) thats going to pass us. Yes city have brought a great strike force, but have brought no defence, also these players have to gel, they brought alot of big headed players who have gone for money. i'm not convinced they will do anything this year. Until they get rid of Hughes an get a decent manager in.

How do you no we arn't going to be adding to our starting xi? can you show me a link where it says it, where moyes has said for a FACT that we won't.

Cahill an Arteta both signed 5 year deals last year, so they beleive the club is going forward.

Moving forward, i have seen signs of us going backwards either, nor seen any team(so far) thats going to pass us. Yes city have brought a great strike force, but have brought no defence, also these players have to gel, they brought alot of big headed players who have gone for money. i'm not convinced they will do anything this year. Until they get rid of Hughes an get a decent manager in.

Moyse was on Radio City on Saturday saying that we will not be making any big signings and that we were trying to get loan/ free signings to add

numbers.

There was also a bit in the Echo last week saying pretty much the same thing

Cahill & Arteta may both have signed long contracts last year but they are probably both feeling a little let down by the clubs lack of ambition in the transfer market

Here is a link on Arteta's thoughts last week

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/07/24/david-prentice-mikel-arteta-articulates-everton-fc-fans-fears-100252-24230008/

What players are these??????

Dont believe everything you read in a newspaper

I find it quite funny that you want a link / report full of Davey Moyse's qoutes to confirm that he wont be signing superstars this season but you follow every shity lazy story linking us to all sorts of players and then bash the club for not signing them....

I find it quite funny that you want a link / report full of Davey Moyse's qoutes to confirm that he wont be signing superstars this season but you follow every shity lazy story linking us to all sorts of players and then bash the club for not signing them....

When have i bashed us? i am one of only few people who are very posative about us buying a few players this summer, i'm not doom an gloom like everyone else.