IGNORED

Throwing A Cat Amongst You Pigeons.

So Man City are spending lots of pennies on players. They are offering massive amounts as incentive for players to join them. (Lescott being the obvious one to us)

How long do you think Mark Hughes will be in charge?

Do you think that they will try a big money signing of David Moyes? (I don't think the transfer window applies to managers does it?)

Would Moyes go if he was offered perhaps three times the salary and the use of funds for strengthening the team?

So Man City are spending lots of pennies on players. They are offering massive amounts as incentive for players to join them. (Lescott being the obvious one to us)

How long do you think Mark Hughes will be in charge?

Do you think that they will try a big money signing of David Moyes? (I don't think the transfer window applies to managers does it?)

Would Moyes go if he was offered perhaps three times the salary and the use of funds for strengthening the team?

I think Hughes will be jobless come Christmas unless City have a top run from the start up untill that time which i very much doubt they will, I dont think Moyes would go to City for one he's not daft a move to a club like City could put the brakes on his rise as a manager if he failed to make a big impact and claim success in a short period of time his head will be on the block, Secondly i genuinely belive Moyes will one day take to the reigns at United and a move to City would have a undeoubted effect on that.

Im sure he would love the situation of having a fair old whack to spend but a club like City just screams instability from a managers point of view.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Whilst obviously hypothetical, its an interesting & good question.

Personally, I think that given the opportunity Moyes would take the City job. The point about DM's career is that he is fiercely ambitious and as a club we have benefitted from that (combined with his talent). However, if you listen to him really carefully, he does make clear that he has personal ambitions of challenging himself. He wants to test himself at the highest level and fair play to him for that.

If you look at the 'Sky 4' it is hard to see him getting any of those jobs in the coming 2 years (obviously there is one of those that he has too much class to go near even in the unlikely event of there ever being an offer).

So, how does he test himself at the next level? The botom line is that without a takeover he can't go to the next level with us.

I would love to think he is our manager for years to come, but I suspect the time is approaching..

would Moyes consider that taking us to tne next level was satisfied if one or two of the "big" four had major injuries and form loss, whilst we performed miricals and finished top four this season!OR would he see it as a lucky season.Could we build on such a season, because if we can't then we really do need some help.

Do we only really need 4 or 5 more Very good/ good players to make us as good as Arsenal and liverpool....I think so, would a top 4 finish next season mean we could make those players a reallity? If so then there is a very outside chance injuries willing of stepping up enough to keep Moyes interested in us.

Well, I hadn't thought about the possibility of Moyes going to Citeh. I agree with Paul...Moyes will eventually take over at United (at which point I may have to stop hating them soo much :D ). But, given the manner in which Citeh conduct business, I can't see Moyes operating like that. I don't view DM as one to leave purely for financial gain, I'm hopeful he's not at least.

I think Moyes will be around for a few more years (2-3) if we don't get investment. If we do...well then I would hope that managing EFC would be an intersting challenge for the rest of his career. (maybe he'll even get knights...imagin SDM :P )

Anyone else noticed that Mark Hughes seems to be getting a little rattled at the suggestion that Man City could/should favorites for the title.Hah! that's called pressure Mark! and that's what happens when you are a throwing around big money, buying just about any player you want.

Most of the football world hope you fall flat on your face Mark!....enjoy the moment and good luck, because you will need that as well as big money.

I listened to some people talking about the prem title today, didn't get involved and didn't mention Everton...but had a thought.They talked about Man utd, City, liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs........not a mention of Chelsea.Got me thinking, I recon Chelsea will catch out all the others and probably win it, just got a feeling they are under the radar.

They talked about Man utd, City, liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs........

Spppppurs!?!?

Where did you overhear this conversation 250? Can only imagine you were visiting a "window fever" victim at one of East Anglia's finest psychiatic institutions. No sane person would suggest such a thing surely :o !?

How about if he's offered the Scottish national team?

I may be wrong, but if I remember rightly there was talk about him taking an international post not to long ago, (he may have been mentioned for the England job for Capello got it). I think he said something about being too young and inexperienced at the present moment for that kind of job. However, think he would for sure love to get that job, but not for a fair few years yet.

Spppppurs!?!?

Where did you overhear this conversation 250? Can only imagine you were visiting a "window fever" victim at one of East Anglia's finest psychiatic institutions. No sane person would suggest such a thing surely :o !?

The location of this conversation will have to remain a secret :blush02: The Spurs input was more about their signings and less where they would finish.Just a group of lads, all the usuall banter, but also some pretty good points ie the reasons why teams would or wouldn't do well....I was just waiting for the word Everton to crop up to add my thoughts, never came.It was the absence of Chelsea from this conversation that led me to think that people may have written them off, and as I said in the earlier post, I think Chelsea are going to fly this season.

myself i would say we have the passion to move on but just not the money. yes we need a bigger backer but how long have we said this for now DM is always headin to the red half of the manchester when AF hangs his boots up, an we've know this for some time unless we can challnge and coming back round in a circle we will never challenge unless we have a bit of backing (i'm not saying man city backing but enough to let DM pick up players for 15 mil that he wants every season without gettin rid ie johson to bring some1 else in). we have stabilty almost now we need to move on but it wont happen under BK. money is the route of all evil (we all hate the manc's chelski and the horrible across the park) some1 said if we could carry on and win things in the future i think no one would begrudge us it but this is footbal today you need a roman or a shiek to get you there. but i hope i'm wrong and no 1 will (buy) get DM and we will progress like we are on go on but the big concern for me is not losin lescott not losin arteta but DM himselfthe passion is there the backing tries to be there but how much longer can we string it out. ps sorry about te mission statement lol