IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is what Alex Ferguson said in an interview yesterday -

"We had an interest in one player, and I thought we had a chance of bringing him in, but the other parties involved weren't ready and so we have put it away until the summer."

Obviously there are no names mentioned, but my gut feeling is that it's Rodwell.

Edited by Romey 1878

Manchester United want to sign Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric for £35m in the summer as a replacement for Paul Scholes, and Sir Alex Ferguson is also keen on Everton's Jack Rodwell and Sunderland's Jordan Henderson.

Full story: News of the World (Subscription required)

But Manchester City are also interested in signing Everton's Rodwell and will eclipse any made that United make.

Full story: The Mail on Sunday

Obviously don't want him to go but we need Man.City to be interested if we're going to get a decent fee as £15m would be very, very angering!!!

Personally I think we should build our team around two players for the future and that is Rodwell and Fellaini. However with the lack of funds it is going to be a tough task to convince felli to sign a new contract and if 25 million is getting thrown around by Madrid i believe that a sum of money could be help the club at this time and allow Moyes to tie felli down and re-build. I would love rodwell to stay as he can be a quality player given a run of games, selling rooney turned out to be probably the best thing we done so maybe the same for rodwell could happen, however i would like him to stay and build the team around him. I would much rather sell players like Heitenga and Arteta. I know arteta is a class act but this season he has looked dis-interested and i believe that Rodwell IMO can be that creative drive we need and replace arteta. 25 million could get us a few decent players but i hope we can keep hold of him and find some investment!

• 2 weeks later...

David Maddock(!) of the Mirror says Rodwell may need to be sold to fund a striker transfer. He has a close relationship with club PR department so there could be something in this.

Everton transfer news David Moyes must consider selling teen prodigy Jack Rodwell as he needs the £20m-plus he would bring to sign the top striker the club is crying out for - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

David Maddock(!) of the Mirror says Rodwell may need to be sold to fund a striker transfer. He has a close relationship with club PR department so there could be something in this.

Everton transfer news David Moyes must consider selling teen prodigy Jack Rodwell as he needs the £20m-plus he would bring to sign the top striker the club is crying out for - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

How nice of them to prepare us for the summer already.

Don't believe it. Moyes knows as well as anyone else that you don't encourage a 'top striker' to join you buy selling one of your highest-profile players.

You also dont even get to start talking to top strikers without the money to make the move happen. 1 player who has buckets of potential for a wad of cash that can improve the whole club is worth it, but again only if we can keep Felli. Otherwise forget it.

From Romeys link, 30m is where we should start haggling, but nothing less. Would hate to see him rot at Citeh though.