IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

So we're all agreed that it's best to sell?

Personally, I'm in two minds about it, in two years time he may have become the player we want him to but the money is useful.

i think so, as the money brought in would let us strengthen in other areas(providing moyes is alowed the money, which is very 50/50 as we all know) but i do think it depends on whether or not fellani stays, which again is doubtful, what a mess :angry:

As much as I hate the thought i think it's far more likely Felli will leave, he's the proven article, why would teams splash £30m on Rodwell's potential when they can get a guy who can walk straight into any of their first teams and improve them? If he does, then it's up to Rodwell to prove he can step up.

And as for sending pics of his nob to hookers - so fucking what? It's the fucking 21st century, not the frigging 1950s!!

As much as I hate the thought i think it's far more likely Felli will leave, he's the proven article, why would teams splash £30m on Rodwell's potential when they can get a guy who can walk straight into any of their first teams and improve them? If he does, then it's up to Rodwell to prove he can step up.

And as for sending pics of his nob to hookers - so fucking what? It's the fucking 21st century, not the frigging 1950s!!

must admit i'm not entirely sure what is has to do with anyone else..it's what he does on the pitch that matters..the media are the scum not the ones they dig up shit on..let him crack on and do what he wants off the pitch as long as it doesn't effect him on then i don't give a flying iota of a fuck..people are far too obsessive about what famous people do in their private lives..winds me up so much

i think they will both be gone in the summer, but thats at least £50 million that it would bring in to along with other sales it could be a season of rebuilding for us with Yak, Yobo, Billy and Johny H (potentially) and these two out that should bring in at least £70 mill to buy in a striker, winger, 2 x CM, 1 x CB and 1 x RB??

I asked the people who update news on the official site if they were going to deny Rodwell sale on the official site. I've been ignored so far.

i think they will both be gone in the summer, but thats at least £50 million that it would bring in to along with other sales it could be a season of rebuilding for us with Yak, Yobo, Billy and Johny H (potentially) and these two out that should bring in at least £70 mill to buy in a striker, winger, 2 x CM, 1 x CB and 1 x RB??

I think you're in laa-laa-land if you think that'll happen. I can see Yobo and Yak leaving with one of Fellaini and Rodwell. To sell both in one summer would incite a riot!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/234654/David-Moyes-fights-to-keep-20m-Jack-Rodwell

“I am reluctant to sell my best players ,” said Moyes, who marks nine years at Goodison Park today. “I don’t see that as being good for any manager, but I also understand that there may be financial situations which might mean that has to be the case .”

I think you're in laa-laa-land if you think that'll happen. I can see Yobo and Yak leaving with one of Fellaini and Rodwell. To sell both in one summer would incite a riot!

I disagree, I think the summer will be one of rebuilding, getting rid of the players who dont want to be there and the ones who will allow us to bring in enough money to strengthen and start again with fresh faces.

Defour has missed about half his career so far due to injuries so I wouldn't splash too much cash on him. I'd replace Rodwell with someone rather cheap. I like Wigan's James McCarthy. And then I'd use most of the money to get in a striker and a pacey and direct winger (preferably even two wingers).

James McCarthy is a good shout but id say he would cost a few quid prob mooted at £10 mill which is alot for an unproven player.. Id say you could get Manny Fernandes for a decent price and no doubt will would be linked with Mourtinho!!

Rodwell is unproven and people are talking about £20m plus for him. I'd let Rodwell go and Fellaini if the price is right and rebuild, we've gone stale this season and we need some fresh blood up front and out wide. Rodwell was typically useless again at the weekend, he may 'look' good but at the moment, that's about it.

Rodwell is unproven and people are talking about £20m plus for him. I'd let Rodwell go and Fellaini if the price is right and rebuild, we've gone stale this season and we need some fresh blood up front and out wide. Rodwell was typically useless again at the weekend, he may 'look' good but at the moment, that's about it.

I agree with you, which is why im all for selling him if its big money, theres no point letting him go for peanuts though. Felli on the other hand shouldnt be sold at all and he is the one we should be basing the team around.