IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

why do people want defoe?! Id rather have Pav or Crouch before him. That said, I wouldnt sell to Spurs anyway....

Im not arsed about Spurs its rubber fuck face Harry the Tw@ im not keen on and i agree Defoes shite! Crouch maybe but id take Pav in a shot! As long as fucking Jenas isnt involved id be kind of happy!

• 2 weeks later...

Open to offers?

I could live with this as long as Felli signs a 5yr contract this summer!

Yeah I hate to say this, but I'm tending to agree.

Selling Rodwell would be devastating because it would affirm that we'll never be able to hold on to young players with elite potential under the current ownership.

But, if we do sell him it is absolutely VITAL that Fellaini stays with us for the long term. Felli is already becoming one of the premiership's best defensive midfielders, and I believe he's still got a lot more potential. Rodwell's best position, imo, is also at def mid and we've got others who can cover in there (Neville and Heitinga). So getting 20mil, or 10mil plus a player, wouldn't be such a blow because def mid is probably our best resourced position and it would allow us to bring in a quality striker and perhaps a winger and/or backup left full back.

Having said all of that, though, my heart is prevailing right now and I don't want to see Rodwell go :(

We are obviously going to say he is not for sale to make sure we get the right price for him. I think he will be gone to honest and looking at our saleable assets i believe he is the one that if he went would have the least impact on the team.

dont be surprised to see chelsea come in for jack,apparently essien has been injured and may be out for the season.

Not looking good for Essien - same knee 3 times in 3 years!

Would think Felli would be a better option for them though - hopefully neither though!

Their new manager probably wouldn't know shit about Rodwell or Fellaini yet so I'd expect him to bring a player he knows in to replace Essien tbh.

i agree with the 1st bit mate but honestly, Chelsea managers dont have to know a player, Roman will go and buy him if he like the look of him!

Their new manager probably wouldn't know shit about Rodwell or Fellaini yet so I'd expect him to bring a player he knows in to replace Essien tbh.

Wouldn't be so sure, by all accounts this guy has his eye on football all over the world, and has scouted in England long enough in his last stint at Chelsea.

The rumour down sarf is Essiens replacement will be none other than Joa Mourtino now where have i heard that name before? The new boss is meant to play a completely different style to what Chelsea play at the minute. Its meant to be really good to watch worse luck!