IGNORED

Philippe Senderos Signed On Loan

Sprooly

interesting reading the last few pages.

We've spent the last 2 months moaning about not getting any players and when we do (so it appears we will) most don't want him!

Not too sure myself, I've watched a fair bit of Arsenal but tend to watch their delightful attacking players more than their defenders. Arsenal fan mate seemed happy to be rid but I'll be happy to see another player that's not too young or inexperienced to actually play join the squad.

Without a huge knowledge of his game I'd say that as a product of Wenger youth (since 18 anyway), I'd say he is very likely to be a decent passer of the ball as is the way Wenger trains his players and hopefully will be able to sort out any previous problems he had with apparently being a bit shaky at the back.

So far as weather he'll be a starter or back up goes, Lescott is very likely to go, if he doesn't then Senderos will probably start off as backup if he does then he will start off in the side with Jagielka out. With Yobo also away in January for the African Nations we will also need a replacement then.

Am I willing for us to take on a 24 year old ex Arsenal and Milan, International centre back at a resonable price? Of bloody course I am

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting reading the last few pages.

We've spent the last 2 months moaning about not getting any players and when we do (so it appears we will) most don't want him!

Not too sure myself, I've watched a fair bit of Arsenal but tend to watch their delightful attacking players more than their defenders. Arsenal fan mate seemed happy to be rid but I'll be happy to see another player that's not too young or inexperienced to actually play join the squad.

Without a huge knowledge of his game I'd say that as a product of Wenger youth (since 18 anyway), I'd say he is very likely to be a decent passer of the ball as is the way Wenger trains his players and hopefully will be able to sort out any previous problems he had with apparently being a bit shaky at the back.

So far as weather he'll be a starter or back up goes, Lescott is very likely to go, if he doesn't then Senderos will probably start off as backup if he does then he will start off in the side with Jagielka out. With Yobo also away in January for the African Nations we will also need a replacement then.

Am I willing for us to take on a 24 year old ex Arsenal and Milan, International centre back at a resonable price? Of bloody course I am

Agree...its all about his confidence. Baines, Jags and Yobo went through horrendous blips of self-confidence...look at them now. we have got arguably one of the best man-management-iers in the league. I'd be happy. If Senderos scores over 5 OG's then i will take it back lol

Im not his biggest fan:(

But what is the actual price?? as people talked about £2.5m - £6mill on here for him.

Personally I wouldnt pay anymore than £3mill for a player of his standard with only 1 year left on his contract and if it is £3mill or less then it could turn out to be a great buy, however if it is £6mill then I think arsehole wenger is laughing all the way to the bank at us!

i think senderos would be a good buy, i dnt think he is a replacement for lescott; lescott will stay and senderos will brought in as cover at centre half.

he has plenty of experience at a high level and would be a good cover at centre half. also with a little confidence moyes could turn him into one of his gems :) lets hope lol

at least they are showing signs of bringing players in!!

theres no way moyse will pay 6 mill for him im sure of that as said last year of contract not a first teamer at the arse no way 6 mill , bt still nice to see some activity and lets give the lad a chance instead of slagging him off

moyse has a knack of getting the best out of people

Quite happy with it if it comes off. He has premier league experience, played for A.c Milan and is only 24. Considering Pompey want 4.5 million for Distin who is seven years older, Hull value Turner at 12 mill and Newcastle want 10 plus for Bassong who have had one good season i think anything under 5 million would be a shrewd buy. Granted we are not buying the next Baresi but neither are we getting Titus bramble!! I cannot remember Senderos really fucking up and costing his team games. The longer our inactivity goes on just makes me believe amongst all these inflated prices it takes time to find value. Delph 8 million?

We are going to fook this up with all the haggling, just pay the asking price before somebody else does. :angry:

Hey Bill, can I let you know the next time I do a car-boot sale so you can come and see if there's anything you want? All items will be attractively priced (attractive to me that is) B) . Haggling is much over-rated I think :P .

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club, nobody will want to come here because we are showing no respect to our targets, Davie is trying to get everybody on the cheap, and he's more or less saying to these players I dont think you are worth it.

What fookin chance have we got. :angry:

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club

Yes it would be a shame if we lost them, but dont think it was such a catastrophy for us loosing out on Naughton - think the stats might agree!!!

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club, nobody will want to come here because we are showing no respect to our targets, Davie is trying to get everybody on the cheap, and he's more or less saying to these players I dont think you are worth it.

What fookin chance have we got. :angry:

I dont want to lose out on our targets either but I agree with Moyes/Kenwright in the fact that they wont pay over the odds for players ie £18mill johnson, £8mill delph, £30mill alonso - I know they are not our targets but its the going rate for players right now.

Would you really want to pay the reported £6mill asking price for senderos to a manager that doesnt want him, loaned him out, and only has 1 year remaining on contract???? I think we would all try and drive the price down to what we value him at if not then look elsewhere.

As for elm the kid is taking his time to look at his options (his choice), however personally I'm not so sure I want a player who isnt sure on whether or not he wants to join us after looking at our facilities etc. A player playing in sweden should want to jump at the chance to join the 5th placed team in the english premiership, makes you think what he is thinking about - erm money maybe????

I dont want to lose out on our targets either but I agree with Moyes/Kenwright in the fact that they wont pay over the odds for players ie £18mill johnson, £8mill delph, £30mill alonso - I know they are not our targets but its the going rate for players right now.

Would you really want to pay the reported £6mill asking price for senderos to a manager that doesnt want him, loaned him out, and only has 1 year remaining on contract???? I think we would all try and drive the price down to what we value him at if not then look elsewhere.

As for elm the kid is taking his time to look at his options (his choice), however personally I'm not so sure I want a player who isnt sure on whether or not he wants to join us after looking at our facilities etc. A player playing in sweden should want to jump at the chance to join the 5th placed team in the english premiership, makes you think what he is thinking about - erm money maybe????

I dont think its money mate I think its the fact a top european club could come out of nowhere and bid for him.

In fairness Alonso is probably the 3rd best player in the world in his position after Xavi and Fabregas and he's the only one who was anyway available to move. So £30m wasn't totally over the odds.

In fairness Alonso is probably the 3rd best player in the world in his position after Xavi and Fabregas and he's the only one who was anyway available to move. So £30m wasn't totally over the odds.

wouldn't say xavi he plays the same position as xavi and he's been better than fabregas, but even then they're different players. xabi's in competition, atleast at international level, with senna more than xavi. oh and if you're mentioning creative and attacking midfielder iniesta is best there is at the minute.

Edited by CraccerC

We are by far the worst prem team at doing transfers we confirmed 3 days ago they we were in negotation and nothing has moved since then i understand negitiating the price but it shouldn't take 3 days it should take 1 conversation that to come to an agreement or not to come to an agreement. I think in the sense that if lescott is going we now have one first team defnder fit we should get this done I hate Bill Kenright at the moment

We are by far the worst prem team at doing transfers we confirmed 3 days ago they we were in negotation and nothing has moved since then i understand negitiating the price but it shouldn't take 3 days it should take 1 conversation that to come to an agreement or not to come to an agreement. I think in the sense that if lescott is going we now have one first team defnder fit we should get this done I hate Bill Kenright at the moment

I think you are being somewhat naive in understanding how transfers work. They have said talks have been going on for a few weeks so these things are obviously not as simple as we think. I'm sure we'll reach a conclusion on this very shortly and we don't know what progress has been made in the last three days.