Sign in to follow this  
Sprooly

Philippe Senderos Signed On Loan

I really dont know what the problem is with Senderos yes he is far from world class and prone to the odd mistake but then again non of our current crop are world class nor do they never make mistakes.

He's still young enough to iron out flaws in his game or at least improve in certain area's, He also has a good number of games under his belt at the highest level and his experience in Europe will surely come in handy. I like Lescott he's a good defender but nothing more he's far from world class unlike some seem to be making out since City came knocking and looks half the player when not paired with Jags and im quite confident Moyes can find someone to fill his boots is it Senderos who know's if the rumour is true then i guess time will tell.

spot on there mate, can't stand some of the blind ignorance of some of the so called blue noses on this forum!

spot on there mate, can't stand some of the blind ignorance of some of the so called blue noses on this forum!

It's not blind ignorance having a difference of opinion. I don't think you're ignorant for forgetting about his numerous howlers, you're entitled to your view.

It's not blind ignorance having a difference of opinion. I don't think you're ignorant for forgetting about his numerous howlers, you're entitled to your view.

you only remember his howlers because arsenal are always in the spotlight, look how many howlers lescott, yobo, and even jags occasionally make(villa last season) but because we are not top 4 or fighting for the title they dont get the national media circus jumping all over them. just look at tim howard before he came to us. goalkeeper of the year in his 1st season with united then makes a coule of high profile mistakes and all of a sudden he's the worst goalkeeper in the prem.footbal fans in this country just read the headlines in the back of the paper about another howler, or watch a 30 second clip on motd of alan hansen commenting on bad defending and take that viewpoint.

senderos will be a good buy for the blues whether it be if lescott stays or goes

The facts are we need cover for this position. I don't see why Senderos doesn't fit that bill, ok he may not be the best, but if the price that's been quoted is true, then that's not a bad deal. If he's coming in to replace Lescott that's another question into which I'm not prepared to go. But the fact is, if Lescott does end up leaving, then we'll need more than just Senderos; whether that be Senderos plus one, or any other two CB's. I'm hoping that this Lescott saga is just BS... and the fact that we've being doing the usual Everton dally-dance in the transfer market, I'd honestly take anyone at this moment in time.

Being an Everton fan and season ticket holder means I don't need the media to point out the mistakes our defenders make mate, so I don't really see your point.

I don't rate Senderos in the slightest, I think he's a liability, but if he signs then I live in hope for a big improvement because we'll need him to step in for pretty much the whole season with Jags out for a good while, Joey going to the ACN and Lescott probably leaving.

Being an Everton fan and season ticket holder means I don't need the media to point out the mistakes our defenders make mate, so I don't really see your point.

I don't rate Senderos in the slightest, I think he's a liability, but if he signs then I live in hope for a big improvement because we'll need him to step in for pretty much the whole season with Jags out for a good while, Joey going to the ACN and Lescott probably leaving.

well where are you getting it from that senderos is a liability, the media by any chance? or do u watch every single second of every arsenal match to rate him like this. my argument is from what i've seen of senderos is that he's a good defender, ok he has made mistakes but so have our current defenders, he is youger than all our current crop and is only going to improve!

Phillipe Senderos actually has everything in his locker to be a top defender, its just unlocking his potential and ironing out his mistakes which I think Moyesie believes will come with a regular flow of games and just a bit of confidence!! We have a solid base defensively, have for a number of years and I think we are just the team to kickstart this guys career....if as reports suggest it is a done deal then lets give him the benefit of the doubt, a clean slate ( which we're all entitled to ) and see if we cant get him to the level i am sure he has the ability to get to!! Let the transfers BEGIN!!!

According to SSn today, we have got him.

True?

Is he the big name signing you would have expected?

He doesnt need to be a BIG signing.... hes decent & will be a good replacement for lescott

I take thet you think Lescott is on his way then DM?

Yep sadly I do.......I may be falling for the old.... believe everything you reed in the papers trick but this time I think they are true.......

Its just a case now of getting Lescott to sign that transfer request......I hope Moysie shits in his boots......

I still think he will stay myself, although I dare not predict it, my predictions are woeful. I really hope he does stay. Saying that, if he does leave for Citeh I want to milk the bleeders for every penny we can. Especially as we now seem to have Senderos. The money is badly needed here so the more we can get the better for us. Lets not forget the window is now almost over and to buy now will cost a bit more than if we bought at the start of it, because other clubs will know we are desperate and hold out for exagerated sums.

Never been a fan of Senderos, however will reserve judgement on him til after seen him playing for Everton (if he has indeed agreed to join).

We need another centre back for cover and depending on the price this could be a good buy for us.

DM does seem to have the knack of getting the best out of players and he is still young and has played for the Arse and AC Milan last season on loan.

Don't know if it's already been posted but the Swiss FA, have mentioned on their site that he has signed for Everton, to be a regular starter to increase his chances of International football and aid Switzerlands World Cup campaign.

Don't know if it's already been posted but the Swiss FA, have mentioned on their site that he has signed for Everton, to be a regular starter to increase his chances of International football and aid Switzerlands World Cup campaign.

Two posts up from yours (Foxsports)Plus this from earlier in the thread.......

UPDATE: UEFA.com's German edition has also reported the transfer as complete.

A few seasons ago I was corresponding with an Arsenal fan who was raving about a centre half who was coming through the ranks in their reserve team. It was Philippe Senderos.

I've not really followed his progress but he's been affected by injury problems and probably a loss of confidence through the mistakes that have been highlighted.

But look at the effect confidence can have on a player...Titus Bramble has been pilloried in the media for years for high profile mistakes and a lack of concentration. But last season at Wigan he was praised for his outstanding performances.

So if we have indeed signed Senderos let's give the lad a chance and not judge him on what you have seen or read in the media. I'm with jayC3 on this.

We need cover at centre half and he's been at two of the top clubs in Europe over the last few seasons, so he's no mug.

well where are you getting it from that senderos is a liability, the media by any chance? or do u watch every single second of every arsenal match to rate him like this. my argument is from what i've seen of senderos is that he's a good defender, ok he has made mistakes but so have our current defenders, he is youger than all our current crop and is only going to improve!

Do you watch every single second of every Arsenal match to rate him highly? Didn't think so. You're judging him on the few games you'll have seen him play too.

quite big and strong, fairly quick from what ive seen and young enough to get rid of any mistakes in his game and playing alongside the likes of jags i think the lad can be class! he may turn out to be a flop but who knows? if lescott goes it means we have another centre back ready to step in without moving rodders. the way i see it is the lad cant be that bad if he has been at arsenal all this time and cant remember where he went on loan? was a top european team i know maybe ac was it?

I am not sure what all the problem with senderos is he is not costing us a fortune is a young international defender who from the limited I have seen looks as good as yobo at the least so if we keep hold of lescott I reckon we have got 4 very good cb. Things are definatly looking rosie. I would rather have senderos at 6 mil than kyle naughton at 6 mil.

I am not sure what all the problem with senderos is he is not costing us a fortune is a young international defender who from the limited I have seen looks as good as yobo at the least so if we keep hold of lescott I reckon we have got 4 very good cb. Things are definatly looking rosie. I would rather have senderos at 6 mil than kyle naughton at 6 mil.

Definitely. He's better at the moment than Naughton, and probably has a brighter future too.

on the plus side this guy will not go to spurs

Harry Redknapp. I think the most 'orrible get in the league.

Jamie seems oK which is suprising considering he's a kopite too but his Dad...

interesting reading the last few pages.

We've spent the last 2 months moaning about not getting any players and when we do (so it appears we will) most don't want him!

Not too sure myself, I've watched a fair bit of Arsenal but tend to watch their delightful attacking players more than their defenders. Arsenal fan mate seemed happy to be rid but I'll be happy to see another player that's not too young or inexperienced to actually play join the squad.

Without a huge knowledge of his game I'd say that as a product of Wenger youth (since 18 anyway), I'd say he is very likely to be a decent passer of the ball as is the way Wenger trains his players and hopefully will be able to sort out any previous problems he had with apparently being a bit shaky at the back.

So far as weather he'll be a starter or back up goes, Lescott is very likely to go, if he doesn't then Senderos will probably start off as backup if he does then he will start off in the side with Jagielka out. With Yobo also away in January for the African Nations we will also need a replacement then.

Am I willing for us to take on a 24 year old ex Arsenal and Milan, International centre back at a resonable price? Of bloody course I am

interesting reading the last few pages.

We've spent the last 2 months moaning about not getting any players and when we do (so it appears we will) most don't want him!

Not too sure myself, I've watched a fair bit of Arsenal but tend to watch their delightful attacking players more than their defenders. Arsenal fan mate seemed happy to be rid but I'll be happy to see another player that's not too young or inexperienced to actually play join the squad.

Without a huge knowledge of his game I'd say that as a product of Wenger youth (since 18 anyway), I'd say he is very likely to be a decent passer of the ball as is the way Wenger trains his players and hopefully will be able to sort out any previous problems he had with apparently being a bit shaky at the back.

So far as weather he'll be a starter or back up goes, Lescott is very likely to go, if he doesn't then Senderos will probably start off as backup if he does then he will start off in the side with Jagielka out. With Yobo also away in January for the African Nations we will also need a replacement then.

Am I willing for us to take on a 24 year old ex Arsenal and Milan, International centre back at a resonable price? Of bloody course I am

Agree...its all about his confidence. Baines, Jags and Yobo went through horrendous blips of self-confidence...look at them now. we have got arguably one of the best man-management-iers in the league. I'd be happy. If Senderos scores over 5 OG's then i will take it back lol

Im not his biggest fan:(

But what is the actual price?? as people talked about £2.5m - £6mill on here for him.

Personally I wouldnt pay anymore than £3mill for a player of his standard with only 1 year left on his contract and if it is £3mill or less then it could turn out to be a great buy, however if it is £6mill then I think arsehole wenger is laughing all the way to the bank at us!

i think senderos would be a good buy, i dnt think he is a replacement for lescott; lescott will stay and senderos will brought in as cover at centre half.

he has plenty of experience at a high level and would be a good cover at centre half. also with a little confidence moyes could turn him into one of his gems :) lets hope lol

at least they are showing signs of bringing players in!!

theres no way moyse will pay 6 mill for him im sure of that as said last year of contract not a first teamer at the arse no way 6 mill , bt still nice to see some activity and lets give the lad a chance instead of slagging him off

moyse has a knack of getting the best out of people

Quite happy with it if it comes off. He has premier league experience, played for A.c Milan and is only 24. Considering Pompey want 4.5 million for Distin who is seven years older, Hull value Turner at 12 mill and Newcastle want 10 plus for Bassong who have had one good season i think anything under 5 million would be a shrewd buy. Granted we are not buying the next Baresi but neither are we getting Titus bramble!! I cannot remember Senderos really fucking up and costing his team games. The longer our inactivity goes on just makes me believe amongst all these inflated prices it takes time to find value. Delph 8 million?

We are going to fook this up with all the haggling, just pay the asking price before somebody else does. :angry:

Hey Bill, can I let you know the next time I do a car-boot sale so you can come and see if there's anything you want? All items will be attractively priced (attractive to me that is) B) . Haggling is much over-rated I think :P .

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club, nobody will want to come here because we are showing no respect to our targets, Davie is trying to get everybody on the cheap, and he's more or less saying to these players I dont think you are worth it.

What fookin chance have we got. :angry:

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club

Yes it would be a shame if we lost them, but dont think it was such a catastrophy for us loosing out on Naughton - think the stats might agree!!!

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club, nobody will want to come here because we are showing no respect to our targets, Davie is trying to get everybody on the cheap, and he's more or less saying to these players I dont think you are worth it.

What fookin chance have we got. :angry:

I dont want to lose out on our targets either but I agree with Moyes/Kenwright in the fact that they wont pay over the odds for players ie £18mill johnson, £8mill delph, £30mill alonso - I know they are not our targets but its the going rate for players right now.

Would you really want to pay the reported £6mill asking price for senderos to a manager that doesnt want him, loaned him out, and only has 1 year remaining on contract???? I think we would all try and drive the price down to what we value him at if not then look elsewhere.

As for elm the kid is taking his time to look at his options (his choice), however personally I'm not so sure I want a player who isnt sure on whether or not he wants to join us after looking at our facilities etc. A player playing in sweden should want to jump at the chance to join the 5th placed team in the english premiership, makes you think what he is thinking about - erm money maybe????

I dont want to lose out on our targets either but I agree with Moyes/Kenwright in the fact that they wont pay over the odds for players ie £18mill johnson, £8mill delph, £30mill alonso - I know they are not our targets but its the going rate for players right now.

Would you really want to pay the reported £6mill asking price for senderos to a manager that doesnt want him, loaned him out, and only has 1 year remaining on contract???? I think we would all try and drive the price down to what we value him at if not then look elsewhere.

As for elm the kid is taking his time to look at his options (his choice), however personally I'm not so sure I want a player who isnt sure on whether or not he wants to join us after looking at our facilities etc. A player playing in sweden should want to jump at the chance to join the 5th placed team in the english premiership, makes you think what he is thinking about - erm money maybe????

I dont think its money mate I think its the fact a top european club could come out of nowhere and bid for him.