IGNORED

Philippe Senderos Signed On Loan

Sprooly

He is the best deep lying playmaker i can think of.

But you can't say central midfielder is a position, we played with 3 or 4 central midfielders occasionally last season.

Hmm, Xavi maybe, but Fabregas is definatly not the same position.

but now I'm probably taking it way to far into details :)

??????? If central midfielder is not a position then how did we manage to play with 3 or 4 of them occasionally last year???????????

lol and what position did Peter Ried play for us?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??????? If central midfielder is not a position then how did we manage to play with 3 or 4 of them occasionally last year???????????

lol and what position did Peter Ried play for us?

I mean it isn't a specific position,

fabregas and Rodwell are both central midfielders, but they play in a different position

13.00 Skysports.com understands Hull's pursuit of Ross McCormack has been held up by the involvement of a third party.

12.50 Tony Pulis has voiced his irritation over the way agents have held up his attempts to bring in new players.

Seems we are not the only club having problems completing transfers...and maybe this is what is tripping us up i.e. naughton/walker deal

You can understand if its Hull and Stoke, but we are the 5th best team in the best league in the world, players should be making their own way here and breaking the door down to get in.

If we lose out on Senderos and Elm it will be because we are not selling ourselves properly, or professionally.

You can understand if its Hull and Stoke, but we are the 5th best team in the best league in the world, players should be making their own way here and breaking the door down to get in.

If we lose out on Senderos and Elm it will be because we are not selling ourselves properly, or professionally.

2nd what Bill said. I think if a player really has an interest in playing football, for a good club with vibrant history and potentially a very good future, then i dont see the argument being about money. Unfortunately it doesnt matter if we won the league 100 times, if the team in 2nd are paying double your wages, the greedy bastards are going to take it. Players should want to look at Everton and say, yeah i'd like to play there. Like i do with Roma in Italy, Valencia in Spain. We aren't that much different. (even more so with Valencia's finances lol)

Arteta proved he was good at deep, creative CM for about 3 months last season. Yes he was quality, but he does not have the pedigree of Alonso.

Iniesta is an attacking midfielder, Craccer, Alonso is a playmaking CM like Xavi and Fabregas.

I personally can't name more than 2 players better than Alonso in his position. He is world-class and was the heartbeat of the Liverpool team last season. Benitez was a fool to piss him off.

Actually Xavi is also an attacking midfielder...which was my point when comparing Xavi and Xabi you're talking about attacking and if anything defensive. Xabi's role for Spain is as a back-up so Senna really, he's a deep-lying playmaker. Fabregas is a more typical central midfielder that does a bit of everything and both Iniesta and Xavi are very much attacking midfielders. My point on Iniesta stand though, arguably the best player in the world at the minute (or atleast until his injury). Xavi's game is as an advanced playmaker, he rarely ever loses the ball...his stats are incredible. Iniesta isn't too dissimilar however makes more runs into the box.

Actually Xavi is also an attacking midfielder...which was my point when comparing Xavi and Xabi you're talking about attacking and if anything defensive. Xabi's role for Spain is as a back-up so Senna really, he's a deep-lying playmaker. Fabregas is a more typical central midfielder that does a bit of everything and both Iniesta and Xavi are very much attacking midfielders. My point on Iniesta stand though, arguably the best player in the world at the minute (or atleast until his injury). Xavi's game is as an advanced playmaker, he rarely ever loses the ball...his stats are incredible. Iniesta isn't too dissimilar however makes more runs into the box.

Having watched Barcelona multiple times I beg to differ, but agree to disagree lol.

Got to agree, whether or not you agree with the type of player - who they are etc, fact is Moyes has identified them as an achievable target and therefore we should get them. For want of a better word we are abysmal at getting players that other teams are interested in.

Only when there is a player that no one else seems to want are we able to get them. Unfortunately sometimes you need to get in an auction, that is the nature of the business, matches are often won on who wants it more, why not transfers? (always to a point I may add) Maybe if we acted better, sooner and clinically last year we may have got a more mobile midfielder than Fellaini at a lesser cost. Sorry Felli fans.

Kenwright has got to sign on before we can make signings. Bit of a back log at the JobCentre with unemployement highs and recession and all that. Don't worry, heard he's going in today. £100 every two weeks. By the end of the season we might be able to afford to borrow Senderos for a week.

Kenwright has got to sign on before we can make signings. Bit of a back log at the JobCentre with unemployement highs and recession and all that. Don't worry, heard he's going in today. £100 every two weeks. By the end of the season we might be able to afford to borrow Senderos for a week.

lol :D it may have something to do with playing the arse first. Wenger might be thinking "if i left him go to Everton and he turns up and heads the winner in extra-time, i'm going to look a right plonker!" In true Del-boy cock-er-ny character.

But in seriousness, that maybe the case?

lol :D it may have something to do with playing the arse first. Wenger might be thinking "if i left him go to Everton and he turns up and heads the winner in extra-time, i'm going to look a right plonker!" In true Del-boy cock-er-ny character.

But in seriousness, that maybe the case?

Sounds about right

Reminds me of the Montinho transfer last season

Blue Bill "So how much for Monty then?

Sporting President "18 million"

Blue Bill "Ok will you take £12 million?"

Sporting President "er no price is "18 million"

Blue Bill "what about 13 million?"

Sporting President "Thats still not 18 million so no"

Blue Bill "Ok ok, 14 million 2 tickets to any west end play you like and an signed autograph of ant and dec"

Sporting president "who are ant and dec?" hangs up phone

I imagine that Arsne Wenger now has free tickets to every future Blue Bill presentation, a signed cast photo from corrie and a firm cash offer of £3.50.

I also think that on a quiet night you can hear the soft "thud thud" of Moyse banging his head on his desk

Edited by London Blue

Reminds me of the Montinho transfer last season

Blue Bill "So how much for Monty then?

Sporting President "18 million"

Blue Bill "Ok will you take £12 million?"

Sporting President "er no price is "18 million"

Blue Bill "what about 13 million?"

Sporting President "Thats still not 18 million so no"

Blue Bill "Ok ok, 14 million 2 tickets to any west end play you like and an signed autograph of ant and dec"

Sporting president "who are ant and dec?" hangs up phone

I imagine that Arsne Wenger now has free tickets to every future Blue Bill presentation, a signed cast photo from corrie and a firm cash offer of £3.50.

I also think that on a quiet night you can hear the soft "thud thud" of Moyse banging his head on his desk

:D

After two weeks of bargaining with Arsenal, it is ever more apparent Everton have not got a club how to do transfers in a profession manner. Arsenal want six for him, Everton offer 3 million. Arsenal say ok give us 4 million plus add-ons, Everton rigidly offer 3 million again.

Get my drift?

All this takes me back to Naughton, I can't help but feel Everton were partly to blame for that due to their slowness with positive action. Amazing, because when Everton need to sell they do it at record speed.

Surely Arse could have a gentlemens agreement with Moyes that means we wont play Senderos against them if that was the case? i just think we are hangling over the fee as always

that would then be a 3rd party having an effect on a team, not allowed. but delaying the transfer is fair game.

Should sign soon, Arsenal look set to sign Hangeland this weekend for £15m according to all the press in Norway whcih should allow big Phil to go.

If anything we should be signing Hangerland, not another underwhelming player like Senderos. Reminds me when we signed Gary Ablett, wasn't impressed then either. But unfortunately beggers can't be picky.

Taking everything as written...... If we have pulled out of the deal... well im sure it will be over Arsenals Valuation....... If Sunderland want to cough up more silly money let them.......

I dont mind seeing Moyes/Everton sticking to their guns over Transfer fees..... These players are just squad players anyway...Id have a different view on it if they were "1st Team" buys.

I think we will/should be willing to move on fees if the player is a genuine 1st team buy that will improve the team....