IGNORED

Question Regarding Everton Transfer Policy?

Now sometimes I am emotional/controversial regarding Everton, but after seeing the pre-season game against Coventry (where Jo was MOTM) I have to ask seriously about our transfer strategies.

Now ultimately transfers in and out are for several reasons, whether it's purely financial/ to improve the squad/ get rid of dead wood, transfers often are a tool to better a club. Correct?

Ok there isn't a lot of cash flying about because of the global crisis caused by the western corrupt governments with China giving it large also, even clubs like Man United are feeling it hence why they brought a has-been in Owen. The exception to rules, Real Madrid and 'Citeh', are in a league of their own and it is unrealistic to compare us with them. But what irks me is how Everton as a football club go about their transfers, take for example Elm and Cana. The latter said we would have signed for Everton, but they took ages to get things going so he hissed off to Sunderland when they flashed the cash. Some say we were never serious about him, well that isn't accurate, what is true is that once again Everton tried to pay the minimum fare and was caught short AGAIN!

Now with Elm, the club pay for him, his family and his agent for a tour of Goodison two weeks ago. Since then Elm club has said Everton haven't even made a bid for him. Puzzled, because I am? Why go to those lengths if you are not going to make a serious attempt to sign him, it just doesn't make sense! With Naughton we were shafted, no blame attached to Everton there, but with two weeks of the season to go and European football on the hills this club isn't ready for the season and the squad put out against Coventry proves that. Was the Elm chase just another 'false' bid just to calm the ever growing natives, because if it was it is having the reserve effect.

What is also interesting is Lescott is apparently 'sidelined' with a hip injury, which means Citeh will unveil him on Wednesday. If that is true, and Senderous is being lined up to replace him, I ask a serious question: How can the board at this club let it get so far that we struggle every pre-season? Why have we always got to sell to progress? Yes I hate Billy, he was and is no saviour of this club, but previously he has put his money to the table. But last season and now this, especially after the club so proudly announced record profits, the club is going backwards at a alarming rate.

Backwards, but how when we finished 5th two seasons running I hear the critics say? Backwards off the pitch, which in turn effects the team on it. Last season going out of Europe so early was a God send, it spared us a lot more games and helped pick up our league form. Yes we got to a cup final, but our squad was down to it's knees and the result was inevitable. Backwards because Billy admits on several occasions he hasn't the clout to invest anymore, so why then get involved with Kirby and fail repeatably to find a backer to buy the club? Portsmouth, Liverpool (ok, they are a bad example), Villa, Citeh, Southampton, and even Notts Country have all found investors to boost their fortunes. This is why I remain feeling extremely let down and lied to about Everton still still being unsold, so another question is to Billy which I would be grateful for an answer: Do you have sincere intention to sell, or are you leading us all into the abyss due to your pride?

Moyes has worked wonders after three indifferent seasons to begin with, but with four competitions to fight for and a squad with four players less than last season, can somebody (from the club or otherwise) explain to me why I should folk out cash for a season ticket when the club isn't matching Moyes or the fans ambitions? Sir Carter said he was excited about our transfers for the season, I say he should have checked if it was really sugar being poured into his tea?

Few things.

How do you know we were serious about Cana? Maybe we were serious at the price DM thought he was worth (maybe not) but not at what Sunderland paid for him.

Elm at Finch Farm. Costs petty cash to show someone round, maybe he had a shite attitude (maybe not). I don't know but I'll trust DM's judgment.

"Another false bid." What other "false bids" have we made? Personally I don't think DM's integrity would ever let him get involved in stuff like that (could be wrong).

We've announced record turnover, not profit. Completely different (that one's fact).

I believe Bill seriously wants the best for the club (some don't) and would sell if he got a decent offer. You can't sell something if no-one wants to buy it.

I'm still greatly optimistic for the next season and the next decade....doesn't feel like the road to the abyss to me (and I've been down it with Everton more than once before :( ).

But nice to see a long heartfelt first post, welcome, hope you stick around.

Great opener, although I'm not sure we actually wanted Cana, I think it was all paper talk. DM will more than likely surprise us again with the player(s) he signs. Although I'd like more money made available for new players I feel the only way we'll obtain that is by being bought out. Even if we sell Lescott there is no promise that the cash will be made available.

Backwards? i disagree with that in every way, on the field we gone miles forward, an even off the field we have, with the Chang deal, an the Le-coq sport deal as well as kitbag deal, all improving Evertons income. The only problem we have is, bill has no money, a few of the board are worth over 100mil but won't put in. we need investment or a buyer to really challange the top 4 i agree.

also if Kenwright hadn't brought us, Johnson would have had us in god knows what league, but i bet it wouldn't be the prem.

hopefully now Moyes is back from America, we might see some decent transfer activivty.

Backwards? i disagree with that in every way, on the field we gone miles forward, an even off the field we have, with the Chang deal, an the Le-coq sport deal as well as kitbag deal, all improving Evertons income. The only problem we have is, bill has no money, a few of the board are worth over 100mil but won't put in. we need investment or a buyer to really challange the top 4 i agree.

also if Kenwright hadn't brought us, Johnson would have had us in god knows what league, but i bet it wouldn't be the prem.

hopefully now Moyes is back from America, we might see some decent transfer activivty.

:lol: look where Tranmere ended up :lol: Ebay!!!!!!!!

Now sometimes I am emotional/controversial regarding Everton, but after seeing the pre-season game against Coventry (where Jo was MOTM) I have to ask seriously about our transfer strategies.

Now ultimately transfers in and out are for several reasons, whether it's purely financial/ to improve the squad/ get rid of dead wood, transfers often are a tool to better a club. Correct?

Ok there isn't a lot of cash flying about because of the global crisis caused by the western corrupt governments with China giving it large also, even clubs like Man United are feeling it hence why they brought a has-been in Owen. The exception to rules, Real Madrid and 'Citeh', are in a league of their own and it is unrealistic to compare us with them. But what irks me is how Everton as a football club go about their transfers, take for example Elm and Cana. The latter said we would have signed for Everton, but they took ages to get things going so he hissed off to Sunderland when they flashed the cash. Some say we were never serious about him, well that isn't accurate, what is true is that once again Everton tried to pay the minimum fare and was caught short AGAIN!

Now with Elm, the club pay for him, his family and his agent for a tour of Goodison two weeks ago. Since then Elm club has said Everton haven't even made a bid for him. Puzzled, because I am? Why go to those lengths if you are not going to make a serious attempt to sign him, it just doesn't make sense! With Naughton we were shafted, no blame attached to Everton there, but with two weeks of the season to go and European football on the hills this club isn't ready for the season and the squad put out against Coventry proves that. Was the Elm chase just another 'false' bid just to calm the ever growing natives, because if it was it is having the reserve effect.

What is also interesting is Lescott is apparently 'sidelined' with a hip injury, which means Citeh will unveil him on Wednesday. If that is true, and Senderous is being lined up to replace him, I ask a serious question: How can the board at this club let it get so far that we struggle every pre-season? Why have we always got to sell to progress? Yes I hate Billy, he was and is no saviour of this club, but previously he has put his money to the table. But last season and now this, especially after the club so proudly announced record profits, the club is going backwards at a alarming rate.

Backwards, but how when we finished 5th two seasons running I hear the critics say? Backwards off the pitch, which in turn effects the team on it. Last season going out of Europe so early was a God send, it spared us a lot more games and helped pick up our league form. Yes we got to a cup final, but our squad was down to it's knees and the result was inevitable. Backwards because Billy admits on several occasions he hasn't the clout to invest anymore, so why then get involved with Kirby and fail repeatably to find a backer to buy the club? Portsmouth, Liverpool (ok, they are a bad example), Villa, Citeh, Southampton, and even Notts Country have all found investors to boost their fortunes. This is why I remain feeling extremely let down and lied to about Everton still still being unsold, so another question is to Billy which I would be grateful for an answer: Do you have sincere intention to sell, or are you leading us all into the abyss due to your pride?

Moyes has worked wonders after three indifferent seasons to begin with, but with four competitions to fight for and a squad with four players less than last season, can somebody (from the club or otherwise) explain to me why I should folk out cash for a season ticket when the club isn't matching Moyes or the fans ambitions? Sir Carter said he was excited about our transfers for the season, I say he should have checked if it was really sugar being poured into his tea?

He never actually said anything of the sort it was just the Echo twisting his words to make a decent headline that could sell a few papers. If you had heard the interview or read the article what he actually said was that the tranfer window was an exciting time he never mentioned our transfer policy or targets

Back to Everton transfer policy, even now with Senderos it's taking an age to official sign the player. Even though I don't want him and Everton are blatantly lying he isn't a replacement for Lescott, it is beyond a joke our transfer out take weeks to complete. Villa have agreed two deals (Downing/Delph), within three days.

Our world class fans deserve much better than this!