IGNORED

Europa League - Draw

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how the draw was set up..... I was watching it on Eurosport & we could only play one of four unseeded teams...... what a scam.... not that it really matters I guess

It was one of six, the draw was randomly divided up into groups of six and seven, same as it was last year (and probably before that).

my bad....completely forgot what other teams were in our group.... :blink::lol::(

Irrelevant now....the groups were for the purposes of the draw only. If we qualify then the draw will be made for the group stages.

It was one of six, the draw was randomly divided up into groups of six and seven, same as it was last year (and probably before that).

Irrelevant now....the groups were for the purposes of the draw only. If we qualify then the draw will be made for the group stages.

ok one of six teams...... but who decides what the groups are & based on what...... any Ideas?

One of the stands at the stadium in Olomouc has been demolished, and will be rebuilt. So, capacity of Andruv Stadion is around 10,000 and you are probably looking at getting 450 tickets. I assume Sigma Olomouc will put the Everton supporters in the usual away section.

ok one of six teams...... but who decides what the groups are & based on what...... any Ideas?

My mistake, it was one of five. The UEFA announcement on the procedure gives no indication of how the groups were arrived at...

"The 76 teams have been divided into six groups (groups 1 to 6) of ten teams,

and two groups (7 and 8) of eight teams. Within the eight groups an equal

number of clubs will be seeded and unseeded in accordance with the club

rankings established at the beginning of the season."

...so you have to assume that it was done randomly, other than keeping sides of the same nationality separate :) .

Had a word on an Aberdeen forum to ask their thoughts on Sigma...

Sigma were decent, with their standout player Hubnik looking like he could play at a high level.

It's honestly hard to gauge how decent though - we were a disorganised mess, without a central defence and seriously lacking in basic fitness.

However, AFC played six sides in the UEFA Cup two years back (the season both our clubs had matches in Ukraine the same evening) and all were stronger than Sigma.

Everton's only danger is probably complacency and the fact it'll be early in the EPL season and Sigma could be sharper.

they are decent but we were dreadful in both games a total shambles,i think everton will have no problem disposing of them...ps good luck i hope you hammer them.

also good luck for the season ahead!give the redshite a good doing!

Pretty pleased with this draw, sure they had a good result against Aberdeen but that doesn't make them world beaters. As long as we're not complacent we shouldn't have a problem. We have had MUCH worse draws than this and could have probably been screwed over more during this draw. CAn't really have any complaints tbh.

I don't know why, but I think the these are gonna be something similar to dinamo bucarest....that was fun wasn't it!!!....we need to be bloody ready this time...suppose it helps that aberdeen played them in the last round - we can get some useful advice.

Not too sure I would want advice from a team that was beaten 8 - 1 by them to be honest.

Sigma were decent, with their standout player Hubnik looking like he could play at a high level.

It's honestly hard to gauge how decent though - we were a disorganised mess, without a central defence and seriously lacking in basic fitness.

However, AFC played six sides in the UEFA Cup two years back (the season both our clubs had matches in Ukraine the same evening) and all were stronger than Sigma.

Everton's only danger is probably complacency and the fact it'll be early in the EPL season and Sigma could be sharper.

Us then? :P nah i think we will be ok, once heads have cooled, i can't see us getting beaten, especially nothing like the Abs scoreline. We should have a player or two by then (wishful thinkin) and they could help.

Hello, I'm from Olomouc, Czech Republic. Is anybody searching for tickets? I think I can get 3-4 tickets maybe more, but I am not sure now, cause management said, that they can sell only 2 tickets to one person. advance booking starts on friday. have a good time, cya