IGNORED

Number 9...

As Saha has requested his favoured Number 8 Shirt that means we don't have a Number 9 (at the moment)for the start of the new season. Who do we have that could take the Number 9 and do it justice, or do we need to sign somebody with the pedigree of an Everton Number 9?

Maybe we'll just have no number 9 for this season, we did it a couple of seasons ago.

True, I see a Number 9 as being a Strong, good finisher, able-to-score-a-header-from-the-half-way-line, type player...not loads of them around England at the moment.

I see it going to a new midfielder

Not a chance. Nine is center forward, no question, no exceptions (that's how it should be anyway, watch someone come up with proof that it ain't so anymore :( ).

Think Mark's right, we'll have no number nine this season.

Think we've talked about this before, I'm fully behind the fact that the number 9 should always be your centre forward. Pissed me off no end when in succesive seasons Chelsea had Sidwell and then one of there defenders as there number 9. Where is the bloody tradition.

Khalid Boulahrouz

I do agree with you 100%, luckily its not overly common place to give out stupid numbers. At least in England we don't have the similar thing in Italy where alot of players have ridiculous numbers like 99. What's up with that eh?

You know what they say, big number....big 'number' ;)

Maybe Big Dunc is gonna come out of retirement

and he'd still doa job for us...I thought he may come back like Stubbs did, with the youth or something but that never happened. I think it will be vacant this year and then we will buy a striker next season like Aguero or Pato (and then I awake). Unless he just waits until Baxters first team standard?