IGNORED

Jo In Cups?

jooooo

Hi. would anyone be able to tell me if Jo will be able to play in the fa cup, carling cup and uefa cup or did man city not allow this as part of the loan deal?

Also do you think he will start every game when saha and yakubu are fit?

Chances are, if we play with 2 up front, it will be Jo and Yak (when fit) Saha will probably be used as the impact sub, or as a replacement (injury, fatigue)

I think that he is free to play in them unless we draw man city as he can't play against his parent club. I haven't heared of any clause in his loan agreement but we will soon find out....we might expect him to play but then spurs swoop at the last minute and get him to play for them in the carling cup 2nd round..... :lol:

Chances are, if we play with 2 up front, it will be Jo and Yak (when fit) Saha will probably be used as the impact sub, or as a replacement (injury, fatigue)

In all fairness lads Jo needs taking out back and having one put in the back of his head..... It would be the kindest thing all round poor lad. He is quite literally THE laziest striker i have ever seen. This is something you will all soon learn. For a Brazilian his first touch is absolutely shocking. Plus when he is 1 on 1 expect him to bottle WAY more than he scores. Unless the ball is quite literally placed at his feet, he will NOT move to receive it.

As far as him playing in the cups. Yeah i think he most probably can. Although i doubt you will because he's Gash. Unless you meet us at some point.

I heard the most ridiculous comment of all time on a city forum yesterday. Some wank splash genuinely believes that City have told Everton that Jo can be bought at a certain set price if they decide to buy when the loan ends.

No club on earth would set a price for a loan player to be sold at, Because if by some miracle he has a blinder for your lot. Then You'll get him for less than he's worth. When we pushed this tool to provide us his sources of this rubbish he simply repeated the same tosh over and over. What a knob.

In all fairness lads Jo needs taking out back and having one put in the back of his head..... It would be the kindest thing all round poor lad. He is quite literally THE laziest striker i have ever seen. This is something you will all soon learn. For a Brazilian his first touch is absolutely shocking. Plus when he is 1 on 1 expect him to bottle WAY more than he scores. Unless the ball is quite literally placed at his feet, he will NOT move to receive it.

As far as him playing in the cups. Yeah i think he most probably can. Although i doubt you will because he's Gash. Unless you meet us at some point.

I heard the most ridiculous comment of all time on a city forum yesterday. Some wank splash genuinely believes that City have told Everton that Jo can be bought at a certain set price if they decide to buy when the loan ends.

No club on earth would set a price for a loan player to be sold at, Because if by some miracle he has a blinder for your lot. Then You'll get him for less than he's worth. When we pushed this tool to provide us his sources of this rubbish he simply repeated the same tosh over and over. What a knob.

He looked lazy in patches for us but he really improved as time went on, by the end of his time I was actually very impressed with his alround play, much more impressive than some of the limp performances he gave during his time in the city shirt and some earlier performance in an Everton shirt.

Also regarding the fixed price for a loan, this happens all the time, its called an option. The clubs pre-arrange a fixed fee for the player which they can take up any time during the loan. Not sure if we had done this with Jo or not but it does happen all time and is not uncommon at all. I had heard that the loan took longer to sort out becasue both clubs where haggeling over the future fee, whether this is true in this case remains to be seen, but pre-arragned fees for loan to permant deals is very common place.

Yakubu is hardly the most agile or hard working of strikers and hes scored plenty of goals. whats your point. im sure we will see a good deal of Jo as hes had a full preseason and hell be getting a good run of games. and like what BedfordBlue said. moyes can bring out the best in players whilst Hughes is just a no mark

Guest TheBlueBoy

I'm a Man City fan who has joined this forum for a bit of banter with you guys. Is that OK? I promise i won't be too "close to the mark" like my old pal C.T.I.D. He was just TOO wild.... :lol:

Guest TheBlueBoy

I do know C.T.I.D. He happens to be a rather close relative of mine...and i have to say the reason he was banned from this sight was very petty. One rule for one and a different rule for others!!! Never a good thing in any comunity. Visitors will surely only show respect to those who give it!!!

I do know C.T.I.D. He happens to be a rather close relative of mine...and i have to say the reason he was banned from this sight was very petty. One rule for one and a different rule for others!!! Never a good thing in any comunity. Visitors will surely only show respect to those who give it!!!

Think of it as a pub CTID (why pretend?). You walk into a City pub you can slag of who you like without any problem; walk into an Everton pub and you'll be welcome to have a drink and a chat if you remember where you are. Say all our players are shite, we're all secretly jealous of you and call the manager Gollum and you'll get chucked out (after a bit of a kicking from some of the more excitable locals probably).

Go home and take your multiple personality disorder with you.

Guest TheBlueBoy

Think of it as a pub CTID (why pretend?). You walk into a City pub you can slag of who you like without any problem; walk into an Everton pub and you'll be welcome to have a drink and a chat if you remember where you are. Say all our players are shite, we're all secretly jealous of you and call the manager Gollum and you'll get chucked out (after a bit of a kicking from some of the more excitable locals probably).

Go home and take your multiple personality disorder with you.

In all fairness Mike, You have to have quite a few disorders to be a city fan for 25 years. And yes of course i am C.T.I.D. (don't know if that little admition will have me removed, I guess thats up to you)And i apologise if any of my previous posts truely offended anybody. That is never my intention. But in football, arguments sometimes happen. You should check out the gooner forum when i'm on there. 10 times hotter than here mate. And they love it :D but at the end of the night we wish each other fairwell and we meet up the same time tomorrow. It's a good laugh.

Anyways if you let me stay i'll be a good lad. Scouts honour..... But as i say. Thats up to you.... :rolleyes:

Jo played 2 minutes for City last year in the FA-cup which made him cup tied. This season he be able to play in it. An all cups.

i think, Jo bad start at the season at city, was because, he wasn't use to the pace of the prem an like most players, its takes a year to settle in. also i think he is a confidance player, an with not scoring at City, he lost confidance.

he then came to us, wasn't fully fit due to lack of games, an seriouly lacked confidance. His first touch can be fantastic, as his first goal for us against Bolton showed.

He still looked like he lacked confidance, come the end of the season, but looked alot better player, was holding the ball up. Was running in to the wings an most importantly, was scoring goals. His 1-1 needs alot of work, but that will come this season.

He is now happy at Everton, he also had a full preseason an is fully fit, he also almost up to the pace of the prem. An i bet he scores more goals then Tevez does this season an probably more then Rogue Injured Cruise. Once he score away from home, his away performances will improve.

As a city fan TBB, where do you relistatly think you finish this season?

Guest TheBlueBoy

Jo played 2 minutes for City last year in the FA-cup which made him cup tied. This season he be able to play in it. An all cups.

i think, Jo bad start at the season at city, was because, he wasn't use to the pace of the prem an like most players, its takes a year to settle in. also i think he is a confidance player, an with not scoring at City, he lost confidance.

he then came to us, wasn't fully fit due to lack of games, an seriouly lacked confidance. His first touch can be fantastic, as his first goal for us against Bolton showed.

He still looked like he lacked confidance, come the end of the season, but looked alot better player, was holding the ball up. Was running in to the wings an most importantly, was scoring goals. His 1-1 needs alot of work, but that will come this season.

He is now happy at Everton, he also had a full preseason an is fully fit, he also almost up to the pace of the prem. An i bet he scores more goals then Tevez does this season an probably more then Rogue Injured Cruise. Once he score away from home, his away performances will improve.

As a city fan TBB, where do you relistatly think you finish this season?

In all fairness mate i truely hope he (Jo) does well for you. I really do. But unfortunatley i can't see it. He's possibly the laziest player i have ever seen. And remember a few seasons ago we had Samaras. So i know what i'm on about B) unless the ball is placed EXACTLY within a foot of him, then he won't move for it. i can't see this changing for you guys unfortunatley. If thats not bad enough for a big guy he is shocking in the air. I heard former City and Everton left back Andy Hinchcliff talking about him the other day and he was saying he's one of the worst centre forwards he'd ever seen!! I don't think he's THAT bad. But he certainly aint great.

I honestly reckon Everton wil finish anywhere between 4th & 7th. Although i do see you winning some silverwear. Maybe the Europa League. Depending on how seriously Moyes takes it.

City on the other hand is a complete mystrey. When i look at our first team, I believe we are as good as anybody on paper. But getting that team to Gel is a different matter. We could finish anywhere from..... 1st(highly unlikely) to being relegated (equaly unlikely) i'd be happy with top 6, but we should be pushing for top 4. I think we are capable. Either way it should be a very interesting season :D

How about your opening game against the Gunners? Whats your predictions...Score??? Will Lescott be there Etc???

I think City will hammer Blackburn 0-3 at Ewood. This is the year we sort out our dreadfull away form.

In all fairness mate i truely hope he (Jo) does well for you. I really do. But unfortunatley i can't see it. He's possibly the laziest player i have ever seen. And remember a few seasons ago we had Samaras. So i know what i'm on about B) unless the ball is placed EXACTLY within a foot of him, then he won't move for it. i can't see this changing for you guys unfortunatley. If thats not bad enough for a big guy he is shocking in the air. I heard former City and Everton left back Andy Hinchcliff talking about him the other day and he was saying he's one of the worst centre forwards he'd ever seen!! I don't think he's THAT bad. But he certainly aint great.

I honestly reckon Everton wil finish anywhere between 4th & 7th. Although i do see you winning some silverwear. Maybe the Europa League. Depending on how seriously Moyes takes it.

City on the other hand is a complete mystrey. When i look at our first team, I believe we are as good as anybody on paper. But getting that team to Gel is a different matter. We could finish anywhere from..... 1st(highly unlikely) to being relegated (equaly unlikely) i'd be happy with top 6, but we should be pushing for top 4. I think we are capable. Either way it should be a very interesting season :D

How about your opening game against the Gunners? Whats your predictions...Score??? Will Lescott be there Etc???

I think City will hammer Blackburn 0-3 at Ewood. This is the year we sort out our dreadfull away form.

Will be a tight game that i think we win 2-1 or draw 2-2. As for Lescott, i can't see him going, if he does, it leaves us with 1 fit CB in Yobo an that would be stupid.

Guest TheBlueBoy

Will be a tight game that i think we win 2-1 or draw 2-2. As for Lescott, i can't see him going, if he does, it leaves us with 1 fit CB in Yobo an that would be stupid.

Yeah i agree. Lescott will stay. Should be a really great game. Arsenal v Everton first game of a fascinating season.

I reckon 1-0 Arsenal or 1-1 :)

Speaking of interesting games I think I will be cheering this weekend. Not too loudly though as I don't want potential rivals doing too well. But I want to see Liverpool start off poorly and then we can see what they are made of. I suspect thet if they start badly they may just fall apart a bit.

Be nice to see them struggle wouldn't it?

Speaking of interesting games I think I will be cheering this weekend. Not too loudly though as I don't want potential rivals doing too well. But I want to see Liverpool start off poorly and then we can see what they are made of. I suspect thet if they start badly they may just fall apart a bit.

Be nice to see them struggle wouldn't it?

i don't hate Liverpool, i want them to win the league this year if we don't.

Edit: There also taking on Spuds, so Liverpool winning would be a good thing for us

Edited by Adpom