IGNORED

Where Are All The Positive People Now?

Memmaclub

Alot of fans on here were trying to stay positive about the lack of activity with a few weeks to go and things looking more like last year by the day. Are the positive people still positive. One thing that makes me even more worried is that hull have spent about 10mil and are still looking at spending 10 mil on negredo

always staying positive over here in the states. i know we dont get as much EPL transfer news on the tele as you guys do but thats prob a good thing. everyones heads are spinning about who/when/how much...what we need. personally i believe in the club and the people supporting it. not that i do not think we need more players, we have a good group and need to add but no reason to get upset or disappointed. as fans we can only do so much. spend money cheer and support. we dont have a check books nor do we make transfers for the club. so positivity is all we can do right now. and hopefully we can snag a few signings at the end of the window and go from there. Everton did pretty well for not having a true striker for most of the season so on that note...its already positive.

cant wait for sat. EFC...moyes army back at it again.

Be kinda funny really, Arsenal come to Goodison, Arshavin has a poor game, Arsenal can't really get it together.....and Everton make the most of some great set pieces and Lescott gets a hatrick!

What price then for our want away defender!

Or is that just a tad too POSITIVE :unsure:

Alot of fans on here were trying to stay positive about the lack of activity with a few weeks to go and things looking more like last year by the day. Are the positive people still positive. One thing that makes me even more worried is that hull have spent about 10mil and are still looking at spending 10 mil on negredo

So your worried about HULL and using that as an excuse why we should all be worried....

Most people are not worried because they think are starting 11 is good enought to cope.......The only concern I have is the lack of numbers....

and even then Im sure Moyes is clever enough to shuffle his deck as he sees fit if he has to..... It may mean us playing Kids in some of the Domestic cup games but I dont think it will SERIOUSLY effect our league season

Edited by DangerMouse

Of course I'm positive - we're an established top six side in the Premiership, we've got a European campaign to look forward to and got to the FA Cup final... nothing has changed, the other pretenders to the top 4 have got to catch US up. And as I've said elsewhere, don't be fooled into thinking that spending money = better team, Hull will get relegated £20m or no £20m, just as we'll finish in the top six and have a good run in at least one cup competition (hopefully Europa) new signings or no new signings - we're a top side :)

if we dont buy i think moyes and blue bill will have a tough time a goodison with the hecklers and justly so.

Anyone who heckles after the last few years during which the club has improved beyond all recognition and put us in a place where the whole football world respects us hugely should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves (imo).

Some peeps have very short memories, but i have no doubt if things dont go well there will be a lot of heckling, born out of frustration from the last two summer (non transfer) windows.

You cant keep a turd floating for ever, sooner or later it is going to go down the pan. ;)

Some peeps have very short memories, but i have no doubt if things dont go well there will be a lot of heckling, born out of frustration from the last two summer (non transfer) windows.

You cant keep a turd floating for ever, sooner or later it is going to go down the pan. ;)

Im guessing that includes you then???????????

as im one who doesnt heckle i can understand them that do they pay thier money ie seasont tkts they are entitled to ask the question wheres the the money going...watching martin oniell on tv this morn singing the praises of delph really annoyed me...why cant we compete...oh the heckling some fans dont want to go back to the dark days ie coventry at home 11 ooo there thats what scares them real miserable times.

??????????????????????????

Im guessing that includes you then???????????

I'm a floater, i might go either way ;) tho i must make a comment.

The last two years has seen the club boasting about record turnovers, and TV money more or less guarantees you £50 million if you can finish mid table, Yet the only money spent in the last two seasons was money raised by selling Johnson £10m and Mcfadden £5m, so you can understand the frustration of a lot of the supporters.

Ive seen us playing in the old second division, thats how long I've been a supporter, so ive seen the best and the worst side of the Club, there is nothing that can shake me, but a lot of our supporters are new to the game, with eight years of relative succes since Moyes came, If we slip to anything less than 6 or 7th place it will get them screaming for blood.

Just how i see it, and just my opinion.

In Moyes we trust.

Sorry, Moyes is a very good manager but he doesn't have any ability other than coaching the players in front of him. Moyes has been fighting with one hand behind his back ever since he came here.

Anyone who heckles after the last few years during which the club has improved beyond all recognition and put us in a place where the whole football world respects us hugely should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves (imo).

Sorry but don't agree with that one bit. Any fan who wants to heckle has every right to, especially if they have paid vast amounts of cash into a club which treats them with contempt. And by heckling I mean the board, not the manager or players (apart from Lescott).

Sorry but don't agree with that one bit. Any fan who wants to heckle has every right to....

I didn't say they didn't have the right to (as the people sitting around them also have the right to tell them to shut the fuck up), I said that in my opinion they should be ashamed of themselves :) .

The last two years has seen the club boasting about record turnovers, and TV money more or less guarantees you £50 million if you can finish mid table..

£50m just about covers the wage bill Bill.

something is amiss when we cant compete with ...stoke hull wolves sunderland.

Like comments from Patto, but on this one - what actual evidence is there that we can't 'compete' with Stoke, Hull, Wolves, Sunderland? Last time I checked we finished significantly above 3 of them in the table last season and were in a division above one of them.

We have 2 weeks of a transfer window to go - so lets see who has got what at that stage in terms of players (though fair play to Steve Bruce, he has made what I suspect are good signings for Sunderland).

One point that may be interesting (to some!) is that the 4 clubs mentioned already have new grounds and thus aren't scrambling to find the money to move or develop their ground. How does the comparison stack up about competing if you think of West Ham and Portsmouth for instance?

I'm on holiday atm.

I don't care who we sign or who we don't. I just want 11 Everton players out on the pitch tomorrow giving it their all and I'll be content.

here here...like in a court case today, the offender says, just think of the worse sentance they could give you...anything else would be a suprise!:) a drumming tomorrow then...

50m wage bill hmmmmm

19 home games.......... "1m per home game"

THANK GOD YOU DONT MANAGE OUR FINANCES

The comment was that the matchday takings cover the wages bill, in reply to mike QUOTING A WAGE BILL OF £50M, :o why are you trying to make something out of nothing. ??

If our wage bill is anywhere £50m pounds, we will be dead in the water in two seasons, nearer 20 which was the reason for my comment.

Just as an example if we had any players on £50.000 a week the matchday takings would allow us to have 20 fulltime pros in the squad on that wage, i reckon we might only have one or two on that wage, if any.

So i say again, the matchday takings will cover the wage bill.

So i say again, the matchday takings will cover the wage bill.

2008 wage bill was £44.5m.

Annual report 2008..

http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/documents/dec_08/efc__1229522006_EFC_Report_and_Account_2008.pdf

Page 5...

The total wage bill increased to £44.5m (2007: £38.4m) and we will continue to closely monitor this cost and take appropriate action as required.

I stand Corrected by the master of the internet search, it goes without saying that i am very surprised. And that now prompts me to ask another question.

Torres on £110-000 and Gerrard on £130.000 with all the big 4 team players on silly money, they must have a wage bill 3 times the size of ours. they cannot earn 3 times more than we do, so how can they still spend 20 and 30 million pounds on players. ???

I stand Corrected by the master of the internet search..

It was only "Everton," "wage" and "bill" in google :lol: .

But I'll still take it as a compliment B) . I think :unsure: .

Incidentally, most recent turnover figures...

ManU £300m+

Liverpool £161.8m

Arsenal £223m

Chelsea £213.1m

Villa £75.6