IGNORED

Where Are All The Positive People Now?

Memmaclub

Just read this on the net .........

The club’s borrowing increased to £39.5m from £29.2m, reflecting investment in the playing squad of £23.1m (£24m in 2007) but repayment is not due for more than five years.

Overall this means that Everton’s net debt stands at £36.8m, an increase of £10.4m from last year’s figure of £26.4m.

------

An increase of £10 million in debt even tho we havent spent anything for two years, and in those two years the Tv money has nearly doubled, and we have had record turnovers but have still gone deeper in debt. :blink:

I'm a bit puzzled.

I think even Villa leave us for dead in that Bill. We are only about 2/3 of that. (At least I think so)

Just beat villa ..........75.7 as opposed to villa 75.6.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2008/12/18/bill-kenwright-everton-can-make-the-champions-league-again-100252-22504617/

Sorry we've gone way off topic here.

I stand Corrected by the master of the internet search, it goes without saying that i am very surprised. And that now prompts me to ask another question.

Torres on £110-000 and Gerrard on £130.000 with all the big 4 team players on silly money, they must have a wage bill 3 times the size of ours. they cannot earn 3 times more than we do, so how can they still spend 20 and 30 million pounds on players. ???

But surely you saw in the news the very public refinancing of the massive debt Liverpool has? (£290m) Our debt, for comparison, is £37m.

They have approx twice the turnover we do, yet they have seven times the debt...that is how they pay Torres £100k and Gerrard £130k.

Alot of fans on here were trying to stay positive about the lack of activity with a few weeks to go and things looking more like last year by the day. Are the positive people still positive. One thing that makes me even more worried is that hull have spent about 10mil and are still looking at spending 10 mil on negredo

Year after year other clubs spend and we still prevail. This time last year we were all shitting ourselves (including the DM contract madness, remember?). I think if we haven't already proven it's not all (totally) about money, City will underline it.

Just read this on the net .........

The club’s borrowing increased to £39.5m from £29.2m, reflecting investment in the playing squad of £23.1m (£24m in 2007) but repayment is not due for more than five years.

Overall this means that Everton’s net debt stands at £36.8m, an increase of £10.4m from last year’s figure of £26.4m.

------

An increase of £10 million in debt even tho we havent spent anything for two years, and in those two years the Tv money has nearly doubled, and we have had record turnovers but have still gone deeper in debt. :blink:

I'm a bit puzzled.

I'm not suprised Bill, its fooking madness, but I take heart in the fact that we are probably one of the least in debt clubs going, so when the bubble bursts we we wont fall as far as the likes of liverpoo, as the credit crunch has shown you cont keep borrowing on the strength of nothing and it will catch up with you

As the comments saying how we arnt competing with hull and so on, these teams are buying players becasue they have to, we have buit up a good (but thin) set of players over the past few years, add to that some promising youth players and in reality we only need to add a couple of players to improve anf a couple to thinken the squad. Look at the four teams above us for guidance and none of them have really gone splashing the cash, theres a good reason for that, everyones skint and prices have gone through the roof

Every season Moyes leaves it very late with his signings, have some faith despite all the frustration I'm sure there will be one or two suprises.

Did anyone see Fallini or Yak before it was happening????

would anyone, stoke,hull, or sunderland make our first team? i don't think they would. People will say Cana, but i didn't want him an still don't as he end up with loads of red an yellow cards.

Moyes said he hoping ot have a few new faces in, in the next 48hours so hopefully we will.

Moyes may not have wanted to spend the cash yet. Delph isn't worth 8mil for example, nor was Naughton worth 6mil. Moyes isn't stupid an won't over spend on players.

The top 4 make a fortune, off the champions league. take the season before last. Rangers got to the uefa cup final an got 500k, for getting there. liverpool got to the semi final of the champs League an got 25mil for it. Man u got over 30mil, then you got extra revune for each round an each home game.

i think you will find this season that delph and naughton were bargains and as for stoke ryann shawcross would get in my team with lescott leaving.

Lescott isn't leaving, why do people think he is. the managers said NO an he isn't going unless they offer stupid stupid money, over 30 mil.

Pure bullshite, hope your proud Lescott and Kenwright! And before the happy clappy's come with their shite, the Lescott saga has fooked us over and in turn fooked the team over. That shite was woeful, utterly bollocks, spineless rubbish! I couldn't see that wretch Kenwright but his ego and bumbling has cost Everton dear, don't be suprised if Moyes walks real soon.

The simple option is to blame Lescott and Kenwright. It was utter bollocks but it was down to the 14 players and the manager. Ridiculous to scapegoat.

(Edit: Why have you deleted your post?)

You're all entitled to your opinions but guys, please cut back on the swearing. I don't think Lescott will be here come September and I've said that since the Man City rumous first started.

The biggest problem with this is the timing, we can't really consider selling when Yobo is the only available defender with first team experience. If Jagielka wasn't injured, Lescott would have been sold in my opinion - £18million looked a good price and in theory Moyes could find a suitable replacement and another body to reinforce the squad.

I have been saying for a while that we should sell (I take no satisfaction in this whatsoever). If he does go, lets keep in mind that it will be good money (assuming its £18m or more) that we get - the likelihood being that no other premiership side would offer that amount for him. He has been a good player for us, its just business. Take the money and retain the unity.

Today was an utter farce for which everyone at the club should hang their heads in shame and embarrassment.

1.Moyes - Get over Lescott, he wants to go and your clinging to the moral high ground is not getting us anywhere. Take the £22M on offer on Monday if possible, and work your bollocks off for the next 2 weeks to get in reinforcements. If you are being hindered in doing this by the board, please let us know.

2.Kenwright - FUCK OFF. This is the second successive season that the shambolic mismanagement of our off-pitch affairs has been so bad that it has cost us player spirit, fight, and morale. Last season we lost a game we otherwise would have won, this season we have suffered a humiliation AGAIN on a scale that I thought belonged to the bad old days. YOU OFFER NOTHING TO EVERTON, LETS HAVE SOME REAL LEADERSHIP AT THE TOP LEVEL.

It's very hard to be positive after a performance like today. Purely and simply - we were absolute rubbish.

I don't know if this would help but I'm really getting sick of seeing Cahill played in centre mid whilst Fellaini gets shifted into Cahill's natural position. FFS we need Timmy up there, as that's where his natural position is and where he's arguably our most dangerous attacker in the squad.

I felt we were sloppy at times, those goals from set pieces should have been blocked out just by marking the man, where was anyone to mark Vermaelan for the second goal????

Finally, we need some new faces, there's no way we can last a whole season in our domestic league and cup competitions including Europe with the small sqaud we have.

Today was a very dark shadow of the team we were last season. I'm going to find it hard to be positive until what I've written above changes, and when we actually start pulling off some half decent results.

I agree. I don't think 1 - 0 wins against the lower (ha! we a re bottom) Ok 1-0 wins against supposed lesser teams is going to be good enough. We were totally destroyed and we need to be doing that to others.

I thought Lescott played fairly well, which is as good as anyone else in the team. Although Fellaini seemed to be suffering from lazyitus. (I understand he is still recovering from a viral infection) Yobo was active but largely ineffective. Jo seemed to have lost the plot a bit.

Oh hell I could go through the entire team. (If a team is a loose mixture of 11 players with no interaction between them)

I wanted to post right after the game but I think I would have said something bad in the heat of the moment. I can not believe just how P*ssed off I actually am over that. We will recover, I will recover, but right now, at this very moment, I want to .............. AAAARRRRGH!