IGNORED

Lescott's Mistake!

Anto-EFC

Will Lescott get a positive or negative reaction today? Personally, I think he was very stupid to put in a written transfer request, after being told he wasnt leaving. I expect a large 'boo' when his names read out today!

Just wanted the thoughts of others?

Its not like the Rooney scenario though, at least that 'fat,little knobhead' went with ambition to win things, but Lescott can hardly say he's going there to win things (there not even in Eurpe!)

Edited by Anto-EFC

Its nowhere near as bad as Rooney's situation.

Lescott is not a local lad, he does not support Everton, he doesnt owe us anything and he has never proclaimed "once a blue always a blue"

Money is undoubtedly a major factor in him wanting to go but your exremely niave if you think City arent going to win anything in the near future.

I dont blame him for wanting to go, who wouldnt want to double or possibly treble thier wages? He can see City are going places so why wouldnt he want to be a part of that especially as he can see Everton are just going to tread water at best

I will definitely not be one of the ones booing him, whats the point? He is still an Everton player and we have nobody else who can step in for him so why get on his back if ultimately its Everton who will suffer?

In a football crowd it can be a combined welcome. Some may want to cheer him, some may want to boo him. Whichever is the stronger will prevail I think. That is how it normally works.

I personally don't have anything against him. If someone offered me a massive pay rise to do the same job just down the road, I would also want to go there. So I think he is entitled to look for a bigger pay packet. The fact he signed a contract means it is not up to him to leave just yet, but he is entitled to ask to.

The fact the decision is to keep him is not his decision nor is it his fault someone wants him.

As to what response the crowd will give him. I think that is up to the gods and the 'Mob' mentality that prevails in a football crowd.

Money is undoubtedly a major factor in him wanting to go but your exremely niave if you think City arent going to win anything in the near future.

Don't get me wrong, Man City will be challenging for something, but I think to win a trophy you have to be The Best, and whether City are The Best at the moment is what I would question. The team is a great team but just like the beginning of last season they could struggle.

I think if City dont win anything this season, Mark Hughes will be gone, and then it's up to whoever follows him to start again...the pressure of that job must be pretty intense.

Don't get me wrong, Man City will be challenging for something, but I think to win a trophy you have to be The Best, and whether City are The Best at the moment is what I would question. The team is a great team but just like the beginning of last season they could struggle.

I think if City dont win anything this season, Mark Hughes will be gone, and then it's up to whoever follows him to start again...the pressure of that job must be pretty intense.

Portsmouth won the FA Cup and they're not the best.

I don't think he'll play tbh, but if he does then I do think he'll boo'd by the majority. However, I won't be booing him or clapping him either for that matter.

How will he not play? we got 1 other fit center defender in Yobo, how can he not play. I think he get a cheer an a few boo's.

city won't win anything this season, maybe next season, but then we might get "investment" by then.

I think he wants to leave for money, not for anything else.

How will he not play? we got 1 other fit center defender in Yobo, how can he not play. I think he get a cheer an a few boo's.

city won't win anything this season, maybe next season, but then we might get "investment" by then.

I think he wants to leave for money, not for anything else.

I think Lescott will be 'injured' and we'll push Pip to CB and play Rodwell as DM.

If there is a lot of booing it will be us the fans that will be making it more likely that he will be sold. Our manager wants to keep him, so back the manager, back the player. Can anyone honestly blame the player for wanting to double his salary? Be honest with yourselves.

Continue to back Lescott, if nothing else we retain the moral high ground.

If there is a lot of booing it will be us the fans that will be making it more likely that he will be sold. Our manager wants to keep him, so back the manager, back the player. Can anyone honestly blame the player for wanting to double his salary? Be honest with yourselves.

Continue to back Lescott, if nothing else we retain the moral high ground.

I agree 100%

If thats the case there is no point him playing for us either!

I honestly beleive he has more chance of success at City

For some reason I dont think that he will play either.

I agree with Mark I think that he will play Phil at centre back

well lets hope your wrong ;)

We need to get behind Lescott and hope him and Yobo can stop them from scoring. Having Neville centerhalf is not what you want against Arsenal, there weakest of attacking players could give Neville the run around there, get him fullback and get Hibbert out the team and we could just get a point.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Personally it's difficult for the fans as on one hand I want to boo Lescott until he cries forgiveness, but booing him will only affect his game and may cost Everton the game. I can't believe Moyes will play him after all what's happened, but he is the boss and if we win then I won't care.

A silence grumbling should greet Lescott, but nobody should cheer him that's for sure. Or would they want another slap in the face?

Personally it's difficult for the fans as on one hand I want to boo Lescott until he cries forgiveness, but booing him will only affect his game and may cost Everton the game. I can't believe Moyes will play him after all what's happened, but he is the boss and if we win then I won't care.

A silence grumbling should greet Lescott, but nobody should cheer him that's for sure. Or would they want another slap in the face?

Why cut off your nose to spite your face? He is one of only 2 fit CBs at the club , of course he will start if he wasnt goingto play him then he might as well have sold him