IGNORED

Cahill Vs Felli

jofanon

Did I just read someone saying Cahill's passing and control is poor? I mean, I'll admit it is not the best of the best but I've seen it live in a Blue shirt and it is most certainly not poor IMO.

As for Felli - nonsense to the money, he is still just a kid and it is my personal belief that he will go on to be a very good player for Everton FC.

Whilst money is obviously a very big factor in who should play in the first team, in no way should it be the deciding factor to setting a team in concrete. The starting XI for game day should be the players that are fit, who have trained well and are playing well; money shouldn't influence this. Whilst we only payed 1.5 for Cahill, and 10 times more for Fellaini (eventual sum), for me Cahill is still better in the attacking role. I think Fellaini deserves a spot in the starting XI regularly, just not playing off a striker. Maybe if we can improve his defending he might end up being a solid central/defensive mid.

I get that nagging feeling that Felli is carrying an injury, which could be part of the reason for his fitness levels not looking to good but either way I think that once he sorts that and his tackling out (even the best player in the Prem - Essien - had to adjust his tackling in his first couple seasons) then we could very well see a true star of world football playing for us. I genuinely believe he has that potential.

I get that nagging feeling that Felli is carrying an injury, which could be part of the reason for his fitness levels not looking to good but either way I think that once he sorts that and his tackling out (even the best player in the Prem - Essien - had to adjust his tackling in his first couple seasons) then we could very well see a true star of world football playing for us. I genuinely believe he has that potential.

injury? or maybe an illness?

it was well documented he was ill over the summer and i believe he lost a lot of weight from that too.

Yeah. Exactly. The people who have been getting on his back always seem to fail to qualify their criticisms with this.

And the people who use this illness as an excuse fail to remember he said himself he'd lost 9lb but had put 7lb of it back on, and that was about a month ago now so I'd expect him to be back to the weight he was at.

Fell's tackling is better, he's still unsure and doesn't fully commit but i don't think he been booked this season an went 5 or 6 games last season at the end with no card. There both good players but the diffrence is Cahill is the finished article, where Fell's still a youngester that still learning the Prem, very few players come in to the prem an shine instantly, normally takes a season or 2, to get use to the pace and the ref's.

90% of Cahills goals come where Artetas on the pitch.

No idea about Fell's

And the people who use this illness as an excuse fail to remember he said himself he'd lost 9lb but had put 7lb of it back on, and that was about a month ago now so I'd expect him to be back to the weight he was at.

Yeah. Put most of the weight back on and he's back to the levels of last season. Is this what you're saying because that sentiment just doesn't make sense?

Yeah. Put most of the weight back on and he's back to the levels of last season. Is this what you're saying because that sentiment just doesn't make sense?

Even after putting the weight back on he was still garbage. He's had 20 good minutes and numerous terrible games; once that 20 minutes is turned into good 90 minutes then I'll change my view of him.

So putting weight back on means that he is over the illness? This is what I'm trying to work out if it is what you're saying.

Edit: By over the illness I mean in a position to play at the same level as last season.

People are using the symptom of weight loss as the reason for his crap performances, so if he's put the weight back on then he has no excuse left. Like I said, once he turns that good 20 minutes into full games then I'll praise him, and rightly so. I'm one of the ones who has defended Fellaini in the past but I've lost patience with him lately because he's looked like he can't even be arsed being on the pitch.

See I'm not a fan of thinking that players don't want to be on the pitch, at least not under DM. Certainly, there is an annoying culture in this country of judging footballers by their body language like it is some big indicator of whether they care or not - I'm not saying that that's what you're doing, what you said just makes me think of that.

For me, if he was seriously ill then I don't care about his weight. That's not the excuse I'd use to defend him but rather I would say that any serious illness takes time to get over and sadly we haven't really had the playing staff to cover Fellaini until about now so there may be a case of having to play him even though he is not at the right level. Also, contrary to him not wanting to be on the pitch there could be a situation where he is desperate to play in spite of his status of recovering.

Just thought I'd throw out something other than the usual assumption of a player not caring or whatever. Much like with the Yak, actually; the stick he was getting was just stupid.

I'm just confident that he'll get his form back and even at this young age consider him a batter player than Cahill. When I compare their all-round ability and how Fellaini has already played for us (last season, obviously) there simply isn't a match.

I've loved Cahill ever since he has played for us but when taking into consider how he seems to force the 4-5-1 and I am desperate to see a 4-4-2 which I think Fellaini or Arteta -- possibly both -- could play well in I am now at a point where I no longer want Cahill be an automatic starter.

I'm just confident that he'll get his form back and even at this young age consider him a batter player than Cahill. When I compare their all-round ability and how Fellaini has already played for us (last season, obviously) there simply isn't a match.

I've loved Cahill ever since he has played for us but when taking into consider how he seems to force the 4-5-1 and I am desperate to see a 4-4-2 which I think Fellaini or Arteta -- possibly both -- could play well in I am now at a point where I no longer want Cahill be an automatic starter.

When everybody is fit and available for selection a 4-4-2 would look something like this.....

Bilyaletdinov .. Arteta ... ???? .... Pienaar, With the last selection between Cahill, Fellaini, Osman, and Rodwell.

I'm not sure that Fellaini would be an automatic choice, he needs to improve his all-round game.

I no that being ill isn't an excuse but i wanna just focus on this a moment.

First off he had an illness an surly a bad one if he's losts weight(7lbs was mentioned), which means he either been in bed alot or simplely hasn't been able to eat, Meaning he has less energy, giving him less time to train, meaning that his fitness will be behind everyone else.

His last performance against Wigan was his best, alright it was only 20 mins, but maybe he was finally fully fit an recovered. Only time will tell.

When everybody is fit and available for selection a 4-4-2 would look something like this.....

Bilyaletdinov .. Arteta ... ???? .... Pienaar, With the last selection between Cahill, Fellaini, Osman, and Rodwell.

I'm not sure that Fellaini would be an automatic choice, he needs to improve his all-round game.

Aye, tis why I said possibly both Felli and Arts. I agree that he does need to improve his all round performances, though from what I've seen I do think he has the all round game to do that. Hopefully by the time Moyes goes to a 4-4-2 Felli will be ready for that role next to Arteta :)

I no that being ill isn't an excuse but i wanna just focus on this a moment.

First off he had an illness an surly a bad one if he's losts weight(7lbs was mentioned), which means he either been in bed alot or simplely hasn't been able to eat, Meaning he has less energy, giving him less time to train, meaning that his fitness will be behind everyone else.

His last performance against Wigan was his best, alright it was only 20 mins, but maybe he was finally fully fit an recovered. Only time will tell.

Entirely agree.

I think people need to realise that Felliani is still adapting to a new league, and forget what he achieved last year. He is quality, just needs time to focus. Maybe when the squad settles, then we will see the best of all our players, well maybe all.

Once again, something I can agree with. It's good to know that I'm not going crazy with this opinion and that there is a reason to have faith with him.