Sign in to follow this  
CaptainFerguson10

48 Hours Or So?

That was just a joke, I don't believe we will sign anyone soon. I was just commennting on what BK said last summer when he was asked about Moutinho.

Oh yeah, I forgot that. No worries lad, hopefully the joke won't be on us the fans after September 2nd.

Moyes said on friday we hope to get lads in within 48 hours, however the 48 hours i think he was refering to are Monday an Tuesday, as sat an sun are more match day then transfer days. So come tuesday n8 an there not in i be worried. i got a felling ,we have at LEAST 1 new player tomorrow

TBH do you think many people would want to sign for Everton 48 hours after getting absolutely humiliated? Give it another week for a "cool down" period.

Getting hammered will not effect transfers, it just one of them things, everyone gets bettared now an again

Isn't there a deadline at 11 tonight for players to be signed to play in euorpa qualifiers - sure I've read it somewhere?

If this was the case then there may still be some action tonight.

my hopes of signing anyone seem to be faiding each an every day, i wake up an think right, we will get someone today, an everyday it just doesn't happen, not only that but the rumours in the papers seem to be getting less an less everyday. Not to mention deals like Senderos an Elm have gone cold.

Was hoping for 2 or 3 new faces to give the squad a boost before thursday, but i'm starting to worry that it will be simlar to saturday day. An another year we get kicked out of euro by a team that isn't as good as us.

being an Everton fan ain't easy, it's one thing wondering how far we could go if we had a few pound more to support the manager with - especially when we get 5th spot and a place in the final. However it's another thing when we have to wonder what bargain basement player we hope can emerge as a player who can take us forward. We have gone as far as possible by shopping in the lower leagues, we need proven players or players who can change games in an instant. Never has that been proven more than against Arsenal, a free flowing instinctive footballing team who took our 'disciplined' players apart at will.

There is something going on that isn't right, whether it is getting kirby approved before selling or whether we don't want to pay the going rate, the fans are being insulted by lies and false promises. From being told our transfer targets are exciting to we should see signings in the next 48 hours, something is seriously wrong and the fans are kept in the dark.

my hopes of signing anyone seem to be faiding each an every day, i wake up an think right, we will get someone today, an everyday it just doesn't happen, not only that but the rumours in the papers seem to be getting less an less everyday. Not to mention deals like Senderos an Elm have gone cold.

Was hoping for 2 or 3 new faces to give the squad a boost before thursday, but i'm starting to worry that it will be simlar to saturday day. An another year we get kicked out of euro by a team that isn't as good as us.

I sincerely hope so, and I hope we go out of the Carling Cup at the first attempt as well because we clearly havent got a squad strong enough to compete in 3 or 4 competitions

being an Everton fan ain't easy, it's one thing wondering how far we could go if we had a few pound more to support the manager with - especially when we get 5th spot and a place in the final. However it's another thing when we have to wonder what bargain basement player we hope can emerge as a player who can take us forward. We have gone as far as possible by shopping in the lower leagues, we need proven players or players who can change games in an instant. Never has that been proven more than against Arsenal, a free flowing instinctive footballing team who took our 'disciplined' players apart at will.

There is something going on that isn't right, whether it is getting kirby approved before selling or whether we don't want to pay the going rate, the fans are being insulted by lies and false promises. From being told our transfer targets are exciting to we should see signings in the next 48 hours, something is seriously wrong and the fans are kept in the dark.

To be fair we have never been told that. Philip Carter actually said that the transfer window was an exciting time and the Echo twisted his words to make a headline

48 hours from when exactly? we are so bad at getting targets. Bassong took 2 days to complete from interest, and look how he's doing at WHL. So the whole process cant take as long as Everton make out surely?

A lot of how long it takes though is probably down to agreeing personal terms with the player and getting medicals done. If its only a drive around the country then its obviously going to be quicker than if the player has to fly in and that. Although, we do need some quality signings soon or this will be a long hard season for us, especially if we lose a few more players to injury...

Bassong took 2 days to complete from interest...

How do you know that exactly? Bassong took two days from when you were aware of the interest maybe.

Fellaini took sixteen and a half hours last year from when the interest was reported on here.....but that doesn't mean DM woke up in the morning and decided he'd get Liege on the phone :) .

I sincerely hope so, and I hope we go out of the Carling Cup at the first attempt as well because we clearly havent got a squad strong enough to compete in 3 or 4 competitions

Something you say that I agree with for a change :lol:

How do you know that exactly? Bassong took two days from when you were aware of the interest maybe.

Fellaini took sixteen and a half hours last year from when the interest was reported on here.....but that doesn't mean DM woke up in the morning and decided he'd get Liege on the phone :) .

Ahh but the story would be a whole lot funnier if he did :lol:

Because mere mortal. I am god. :) haha

96 hours after Moyes made those comments, again the fans are left broken hearted by broken promises. It absolutely stinks the contempt the club has for us, if only we could stay away from Goodison then the drop in revenue would force the club to stop taking the piss.

i cant agree with wanting to go out of a cup i know we havent got a strong squad but id never ever want us to lose at all. we cant progress if we are dropping out of cups all the time. id rather win the europa and finish bottom half to be honest

i cant agree with wanting to go out of a cup i know we havent got a strong squad but id never ever want us to lose at all. we cant progress if we are dropping out of cups all the time. id rather win the europa and finish bottom half to be honest

I honestly think that all the extra games that a run in the Europa League/Carling Cup would bring could see us easily dragged into a relegation battle. By Moyseies own admission we have 13 to 14 decent players and that is it and we certainly cant progress if we go back to fighting for survival

Getting knocked out of the Uefa cup last year I believe spared us a very bad season, and the way things are going I hope we will get knocked out. The Uefa cup is mickey mouse, you don't actually make a lot for winning the thing so I really couldn't care less unless we made the semi's.

i dont think we will have to worry about progressing to be honest with another embarrasing display this week if he plays lescott the team will be the same i cant beleive that after saying some new players coming ion the next 48 hours nothing has happend the board want shootng to put us in the same situation as last year tonight is the last time we can register for europe ???? im not sure ? we havent spent a penny and before anyone says it wasntt down to lescott im not saying it was saturday but i firmly believe the situation has disrupted the team im, sick of looking on these forums and seeing jack sh-t , and every player that is mentioned go elsewere moyse one day will just up sticks and go i can see it really peeeed off i can tell you

my birthday is tommorow, so hopefully itll be a lucky day for me and Everton.

my birthday was saturday...and it was my 21st. don't get your hopes up.

we are going round in circles and signing nobody...were linked with different players every day...got to say i think moyes and our scouts if we have any are part of the problem...ive heard we have only one scout dont know if its true.

A couple of things from that....SSN has the hearing down for Friday. Also, it says the hearing has been granted despite his lack of international appearance....do they only grant a hearing if the permit is likely to be accepted?? Also, could the hearing not be for fernandes give that we are being linked with him again????

A couple of things from that....SSN has the hearing down for Friday. Also, it says the hearing has been granted despite his lack of international appearance....do they only grant a hearing if the permit is likely to be accepted?? Also, could the hearing not be for fernandes give that we are being linked with him again????

Hearings are granted as part of the Appeal process.... This will have gone to apeal automatically because of his International record...

we need players. i don't care if it's done at the end of the window. I had hoped they'd be in earlier this year, but now that i'm getting the idea that this is how moyes will operate in the summer i'm fine with it. as long as it doesn't affect our league standing too much.

This just gets more and more frustrating every day. I get back from the match last night and have a quick shufty on the tinterweb to find Moysie says he hopes to bring in 4 players before the deadline, Everton in talks with Newcastle over Taylor, Banega work permit applied for and Everton ov the verge of signing Bystrov. Great movement at last I think

Then today I find Banega played for Valencia last night and his manager says he knows nothing about any deal with Everton, Newcastle say they have had no offers for Taylor and Bystrov's manager/chairman claiming he knows nothing about even talking to Everton about him and still no signings!

people need to open their eyes a bit, unfortunately we're not rich and thus negotiations may well take a bit longer or break down. moyes has made some good signings over the years, show a little faith. the lack of signings at the moment is a bit worrying but moyes knows this himself, we're only a few players away from having a very good team, be patient.

patience wore out last summer when we failed to complete a single singing before the last day of the window. poor or not, shouldn't take this long. should have let jlo go two weeks ago, or just come out an told city that 22mil was the price.

people need to open their eyes a bit, unfortunately we're not rich and thus negotiations may well take a bit longer or break down. moyes has made some good signings over the years, show a little faith. the lack of signings at the moment is a bit worrying but moyes knows this himself, we're only a few players away from having a very good team, be patient.

Well said.

patience wore out last summer when we failed to complete a single singing before the last day of the window. poor or not, shouldn't take this long. should have let jlo go two weeks ago, or just come out an told city that 22mil was the price.

Well said!

We did tell City a price - we told them it was £30m and we got £24m (allegedly). So, if we had told them the price was £22m we would have presumably got £18-20m? It's called negotiation position.

People are entitled to be critical but we can't have it all ways here. If we had sold him 4 or 5 weeks ago then we probably would have got £15m. We have waited to get good money so we now have more money as a club (regardless of how those funds are now used). If you ask me, we have got this about right - we have achieved top, top money for Lescott and have got a week to bring replacements in (and we all know that they are having talks behind the scenes about several players). The players will arrive.

if we had sold him 4 or 5 weeks ago, we'd have already brought in replacements (at least in defense) and not have lost our two opening matches.

if we had sold him 4 or 5 weeks ago, we'd have already brought in replacements (at least in defense) and not have lost our two opening matches.

I agree that we probably would have bought in replacements by now if we had sold him weeks ago, but it doesn't get over the point that we would have achieved several million less for him. The point that we wouldn't have lost our opening 2 games if we had bought in replacements is pure conjecture. Arsenal beat us regualarly regardless and its disingenuous to Burnley who beat Man United in the week.

My point above was merely saying that in business terms (not footballing terms) we have achieved a decent sale. Rooney on his own would never have been able to move us on, the money we achieved for him has allowed the club to build. Likewise, the Lescott money will do similar in some shape or form.