IGNORED

48 Hours Or So?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think we will have to worry about progressing to be honest with another embarrasing display this week if he plays lescott the team will be the same i cant beleive that after saying some new players coming ion the next 48 hours nothing has happend the board want shootng to put us in the same situation as last year tonight is the last time we can register for europe ???? im not sure ? we havent spent a penny and before anyone says it wasntt down to lescott im not saying it was saturday but i firmly believe the situation has disrupted the team im, sick of looking on these forums and seeing jack sh-t , and every player that is mentioned go elsewere moyse one day will just up sticks and go i can see it really peeeed off i can tell you

Edited by wakeyblue

A couple of things from that....SSN has the hearing down for Friday. Also, it says the hearing has been granted despite his lack of international appearance....do they only grant a hearing if the permit is likely to be accepted?? Also, could the hearing not be for fernandes give that we are being linked with him again????

A couple of things from that....SSN has the hearing down for Friday. Also, it says the hearing has been granted despite his lack of international appearance....do they only grant a hearing if the permit is likely to be accepted?? Also, could the hearing not be for fernandes give that we are being linked with him again????

Hearings are granted as part of the Appeal process.... This will have gone to apeal automatically because of his International record...

we need players. i don't care if it's done at the end of the window. I had hoped they'd be in earlier this year, but now that i'm getting the idea that this is how moyes will operate in the summer i'm fine with it. as long as it doesn't affect our league standing too much.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

This just gets more and more frustrating every day. I get back from the match last night and have a quick shufty on the tinterweb to find Moysie says he hopes to bring in 4 players before the deadline, Everton in talks with Newcastle over Taylor, Banega work permit applied for and Everton ov the verge of signing Bystrov. Great movement at last I think

Then today I find Banega played for Valencia last night and his manager says he knows nothing about any deal with Everton, Newcastle say they have had no offers for Taylor and Bystrov's manager/chairman claiming he knows nothing about even talking to Everton about him and still no signings!

people need to open their eyes a bit, unfortunately we're not rich and thus negotiations may well take a bit longer or break down. moyes has made some good signings over the years, show a little faith. the lack of signings at the moment is a bit worrying but moyes knows this himself, we're only a few players away from having a very good team, be patient.

people need to open their eyes a bit, unfortunately we're not rich and thus negotiations may well take a bit longer or break down. moyes has made some good signings over the years, show a little faith. the lack of signings at the moment is a bit worrying but moyes knows this himself, we're only a few players away from having a very good team, be patient.

Well said.

patience wore out last summer when we failed to complete a single singing before the last day of the window. poor or not, shouldn't take this long. should have let jlo go two weeks ago, or just come out an told city that 22mil was the price.

We did tell City a price - we told them it was £30m and we got £24m (allegedly). So, if we had told them the price was £22m we would have presumably got £18-20m? It's called negotiation position.

People are entitled to be critical but we can't have it all ways here. If we had sold him 4 or 5 weeks ago then we probably would have got £15m. We have waited to get good money so we now have more money as a club (regardless of how those funds are now used). If you ask me, we have got this about right - we have achieved top, top money for Lescott and have got a week to bring replacements in (and we all know that they are having talks behind the scenes about several players). The players will arrive.

if we had sold him 4 or 5 weeks ago, we'd have already brought in replacements (at least in defense) and not have lost our two opening matches.

I agree that we probably would have bought in replacements by now if we had sold him weeks ago, but it doesn't get over the point that we would have achieved several million less for him. The point that we wouldn't have lost our opening 2 games if we had bought in replacements is pure conjecture. Arsenal beat us regualarly regardless and its disingenuous to Burnley who beat Man United in the week.

My point above was merely saying that in business terms (not footballing terms) we have achieved a decent sale. Rooney on his own would never have been able to move us on, the money we achieved for him has allowed the club to build. Likewise, the Lescott money will do similar in some shape or form.

Look at this way.

We sold Lescott for the same amount as Liverpool bought Torres.

Torres a world class forward

Lescott an international class defender

I think we got a good deal.

Shame most of the sale has to go on defenders though. I know we need them but I'm desperate for a need RM too. Our midfield is painful.