IGNORED

Diniyar " Billy " Bilyaletdinov

c1982

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full name........Diniyar Rinatovich Bilyaletdinov

Date of birth... February 27, 1985 (1985-02-27) (age 24)

Place of birth.. Moscow, Soviet Union

Height.......... 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)

Playing position.Left Midfielder / Attacking Midfielder

Current club.....Lokomotiv Moscow

Number 63

Senior career... 2004–present Lokomotiv Moscow 149 games (31)goals

Not an obvious priority for us but a good signing that would make us a better balanced side. Agree that Pienaar would have to move out right but that would give us good width on both flanks with players that can take men on. I still think our centre mid is too lightweight and we need to get someone in there that can give us the option to play 4-4-2. But Moyes will surely be concentrating on defence next if he gets Billy A Let Din Off (that's breaking his name down into easy chunks!!)

Seems a shame to break up the Baines and Pienaar combination.

It looks the only fluid, proffesional partnership we have.

How much was Ar*seshavings? Shame we can't go back and buy him.

It does, but at the end f the day Pienaar is a right footed midfielder being pushed out onto the lft wing. I'd much prefer to have a left footed player on left and right footed on right. Pienaar has to cut in onto is good foot to often and i think having him on the right would sort us out.

That's a very positive report. I would be very happy with this signing, although I don't know much about him I think natural width in mid is a priority. This will hopeful allow osman to become a squad player not in centre midfield where he looks a hell of a lot more comfortable than when he's put on the right.

Like others I agree it is a shame to break the pienaar baines combo, but it's getting a little predictable and we need to build other ways of attacking teams.

The most exciting season for me as an evertonian regarding actually being really proud of the football we played was the 95/96 season - much of this was down to having 2 quality wingers in limpar and kanchelskis - we were labeled the dogs of war but I remember we played some fantastic football and scored goals from all over the pitch.

The most exciting season for me as an evertonian regarding actually being really proud of the football we played was the 95/96 season - much of this was down to having 2 quality wingers in limpar and kanchelskis - we were labeled the dogs of war but I remember we played some fantastic football and scored goals from all over the pitch.

Or going back further, Sheedy and Steven outside Reid and Bracewell were even better.

And if you're as old as I am you'll remember the likes of Dave Thomas and John Connolly, quality wingers who could beat a man and deliver great crosses. Most of the best teams play with width but we need to play 4-4-2 if possible (and we don't yet have strong enough central midfielders.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/08/24/SOCCER_Everton.html

'A delegation from Goodison Park is expected to fly to Hamburg in the next 24 hours to conduct a medical on the Locomotiv Moscow left winger who is likely to cost boss David Moyes close to £9million.'

Its the same quote thats in tonights Echo, whether there is any truth in it remains to be seen

I must admit I was very impressed with this guy in the Euro's last year. I took a special interest in Russia as I had 20 quid on them to win it, and also pulled them out in the draw in work! I thought he made Arshavin look good to be honest, he would always pick him out from wherever he was and make the runs that split the defenders, usually ending up with Arshavin or whoever scoring. I felt sorry for him as he never seemed to get given a mention, I thought he was very under-rated! Will be a good signing for us, if it ever gets comlpeted.

Given that Chelsea just paid, what 18M for Zhirkov, then ~9M for Dinyar is very good business. Obviously has an eye for goal, can pick a pass and makes great runs. He can also take a free kick and a PK. I'm sure he and Baines would link up brilliantly on the left, and as long as we get a real RB for Pienaar to work with then we'll have dramatically improved our balance in attack.

Сегодня утром полузащитник «Локомотива» Динияр Билялетдинов отсутствовал на тренировке, поскольку улетел в Англию.

По информации «Советского спорта», Билялетдинов пройдет медосмотр в одной из местных клиник – «железнодорожника» приглашает «Эвертон», и трансфер может быть осуществлен в течение ближайших дней.

--

This morning Lokomotiv Moscow midfielder Dinyar Bilyaletdinov was missing from training, [and thought to have] flown to England.

According to information obtained by "Soviet Sport", Bilyaletdinov is undergoing a medical at a local clinic. The 'Railwayman' [ie Lokomotiv Moscow player] has retained an offer from Everton and the transfer may well be completed in the coming days.

--

That's my translation anyway.

The fact that this report has him flying to England while our Medical team is in Hamburg should work out well...

Ive seen this guy play alot, I thought that he would go to a big club before Arshavin, but no. I think he is better than Arshavin but he was also getting more money than Arshavin in wages. I thought he was too dear to buy. (wage wise) 9 mil is cheap for him.

Hope this one happens

As I know Russian I've been looking for any clues in their press. According to http://www.foot2day.ru/news/17073.html this report the medical is taking place in Hamburg because Dinyar does not have a British visa. No idea as to the credibility of the report. I'll post anything interesting that I find.

--

There are numerous conflicting reports about him being in England and not being in England, bu according to Lokomotiv Moscow's 'Press Attache' the idea that Dinyar is in England "does not correspond to reality". Of course that wouldn't prevent him being in Germany.

Edited by chicagoblue

I think he is better than Arshavin but he was also getting more money than Arshavin in wages. I thought he was too dear to buy. (wage wise) 9 mil is cheap for him.

Wasn't Arshavin on 50k a week at Zenit? Are you sure Billy boy was on more? If so, I can't see how we can afford him within our wage structure...but we must have agreed this in principle. Seems unlikely he was on wages of more than 30k a week surely?

Wasn't Arshavin on 50k a week at Zenit? Are you sure Billy boy was on more? If so, I can't see how we can afford him within our wage structure...but we must have agreed this in principle. Seems unlikely he was on wages of more than 30k a week surely?

Just found this on a forum...it's a couple of years old but Arshavin was second highest and no mention of Billy.

Top 10 earners in Russian League:

Timoschuk Anatoliy (Zenit) †3 mln euros p/a

Arshavin Andrei (Zenit) †2.5 mln euros p/a

Tekke Fatih (Zenit) †1.7 mln euros p/a

Loskov Dmitriy (Lokomotiv) †1.5 mln euros p/a (now in Saturn)

Ignashevich Sergey (CSKA) †1.5 mln euros p/a

Dominges Alexandro (Zenit) †1.5 mln euros p/a

Titov Yegor (Spartak) †1.4 mln euros p/a

Pogrebnyak Pavel (Zenit) †1.2 mln euros p/a

Akinfeev Igor (CSKA) †1.2 mln euros p/a

Carvalho Daniel (CSKA) †0.8 mln euros p/a

Just done some research...seems purse strings have tightened a lot in Russian football. For example...Lokomotiv Moscow said they had trimmed their budget by at least 20 percent this year. Zenit are backed by a company with massive debts (i.e billions!)

So Russia may be fertile ground for us at the moment.

Edited by Wirral Wizard