IGNORED

Diniyar " Billy " Bilyaletdinov

c1982

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so right now he's on his way to England while our medical team are off to Russia where they will spend the day looking for him before hitting the Russian bars, down a load of vodka and head off back to the hotel with some fine Russian ladies before getting taken away by some Russian mafiosie angry not getting money for their ho's from our tight staff!

Oh dear!

On the plus side he sounds like and looks to be a decent player. Plenty of the runs he was making on the vids were down the middle, while i'd obviously prefer to see him on the wing he could probably do a bit of swapsies with Piennar like Osman and Piennar currently do thus allowing Piennar to still link with Baines and Ruskie to cut inside. As well as giving them both a chance on the other side.

According to this report, which is in Russian:

http://www.championat.ru/football/news-291973.html

His father thinks he is close to a move to Everton.

--

And according to this report, also in Russian

http://www.foot2day.ru/news/17086.html

He refused to comment on the rumors but at the same time did not deny them, and is quoted as saying something along the lines of "Let's wait and see what happens by Wednesday"

--

This third report, more Russian

http://www.sportsdaily.ru/articles/gde-bilyaletdinov-30757

Claims that he is in fact in Hamburg and along with him is the "First Vice President" of Lokomotiv Moscow who is authorized to conclude the deal should the Dinyar pass the medical

Edited by chicagoblue

To even put Bilya's name in the same sentence as Arshavin is blasphemy! Arshavin is maybe the greatest Russian footballer ever, while Bilya is just a very talented player who has not developed all that well. Don't even think for a moment that you are getting Arshavin or anything close! Bilya exploded onto the scene about 5 years ago and was thought to be the brightest prospect in Russia. However, he has been a huge disappointment over the last 3 seasons, where he has not progressed at all, and in the eyes of many, he has regressed. He has great ball control skills, a strong left foot, good vision and intelligence. But, he does NOT have great pace, he is not an accurate shooter and he makes way to many stray passes. He is also frail, so he can get knocked off the ball pretty easily. Contrary to what has been said in this thread, he is NOT a winger. He plays best in the center of the field. All attempts to have him play on the left side have failed miserably, including for the Russian national team. Gus Hiddink really like him at first and wanted him to be one of the cornerstones of the team along with Arshavin. However, Gus has been disappointed with Bilya over the last year. Bilya was the weakest midfielder on the Russian team at the Euros, and ended up losing his starting spot for the semifinal game against Spain (replaced by the talentless but hardworking Ivan Saenko). Since then, Bilya has not played in single game for Russia, and was only recently recalled for the upcoming international games after a few decent showings with Lokomotiv.

He is only 24, and perhaps he got too complacent in Russia. Maybe this move will spark something in him, and he can reach a different level. But please, don't expect any miracles from him. I would not be surprised if he fails in his first few games and ends up on the bench. But, if he gets the desire to prove himself, he could turn into a decent premiership player. Someone who could score 7-8 goals a season and provide as many assists. In the best case scenario, he could be a little bit like Aleksander Hleb, but not quite as good.

To even put Bilya's name in the same sentence as Arshavin is blasphemy! Arshavin is maybe the greatest Russian footballer ever, while Bilya is just a very talented player who has not developed all that well. Don't even think for a moment that you are getting Arshavin or anything close! Bilya exploded onto the scene about 5 years ago and was thought to be the brightest prospect in Russia. However, he has been a huge disappointment over the last 3 seasons, where he has not progressed at all, and in the eyes of many, he has regressed. He has great ball control skills, a strong left foot, good vision and intelligence. But, he does NOT have great pace, he is not an accurate shooter and he makes way to many stray passes. He is also frail, so he can get knocked off the ball pretty easily. Contrary to what has been said in this thread, he is NOT a winger. He plays best in the center of the field. All attempts to have him play on the left side have failed miserably, including for the Russian national team. Gus Hiddink really like him at first and wanted him to be one of the cornerstones of the team along with Arshavin. However, Gus has been disappointed with Bilya over the last year. Bilya was the weakest midfielder on the Russian team at the Euros, and ended up losing his starting spot for the semifinal game against Spain (replaced by the talentless but hardworking Ivan Saenko). Since then, Bilya has not played in single game for Russia, and was only recently recalled for the upcoming international games after a few decent showings with Lokomotiv.

He is only 24, and perhaps he got too complacent in Russia. Maybe this move will spark something in him, and he can reach a different level. But please, don't expect any miracles from him. I would not be surprised if he fails in his first few games and ends up on the bench. But, if he gets the desire to prove himself, he could turn into a decent premiership player. Someone who could score 7-8 goals a season and provide as many assists. In the best case scenario, he could be a little bit like Aleksander Hleb, but not quite as good.

Sorry to be spectical but why on Earth should we listen to a word you said? Nobody (except maybe one or two fans in cuck-coo land) said he was like Arshavin, though it's ironic as Everton interest in Arshavin typically made him go elsewhere i.e. Arsenal. Anyway my only concern is his lack of pace and his statue, but if he signs I will definitely not argue as his potential is there to be matured. And it doesn't matter if he isn't a left winger, Moyes never plays players in their correct positions anyhow!

Sorry to be spectical but why on Earth should we listen to a word you said? Nobody (except maybe one or two fans in cuck-coo land) said he was like Arshavin, though it's ironic as Everton interest in Arshavin typically made him go elsewhere i.e. Arsenal. Anyway my only concern is his lack of pace and his statue, but if he signs I will definitely not argue as his potential is there to be matured. And it doesn't matter if he isn't a left winger, Moyes never plays players in their correct positions anyhow!

SOMEONE QUICK CAPTAINFERGUSON SAID SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT EVERTON!

To be fair he probably has far more first hand expierence than anyone in this thread so to completly disregard his opinion and only judge the player on rumours is a bit pre-mature don't you think?

Absolutely.

Thanks for the info Bilya. Moyes has a history at turning round players who've lost their way a bit so hopefully he'll do it again :) .

the only 2 Russian players i can remember from the Euros were the 2 best russian players an that was Arshavin and the spurs striker. No way did Bily out shine Arshavin, He was awesome, pavywatshisface can't shoot or russia would have scored at least 5 more goals that tourney, all set up by Arshavin.

As for not getting Arshavin, i think its because Zenit wanted all 12 mil in one go an Everton don't work like that.

To be fair he probably has far more first hand expierence than anyone in this thread so to completly disregard his opinion and only judge the player on rumours is a bit pre-mature don't you think?

I didn't completely disregard what he said, I agreed with some of his playing abilities. It seems strange though his sudden appearance on the board, that's all.

WHERE WHEN HOW? i'm sure Captainfergusons a Liverpool fan, if not he slaggs us off more then they do.

Nah...re-read it.

The only time he's positive is when he goes all misty eyed over the "good old days" of Big Dunc :lol: .

Behave yourselves, the pair of yer before I get the legend to pop round your houses for tea!

Edited by StevO

At least Bilya can write English (spectical - sceptical??, statue - stature??, matured - nurtured??)and I think his insight is a valuable one.

Just got in from work(nights) and seen the breaking news on SSN. Had to come online and check for real!! Sounds like a great deal and after watching the youtube clips of him I think for the poss £10m we will have picked up a great player. Disappointing that he wont arrive until Sept. as quoted on the Everton website - but look forward to seeing him in action. Hopefully he will settle in well and quickly and get this team moving onwards and upwards.

Positive signing as far as I am concerned and hope that this gives other possible targets a positive boost!!!