IGNORED

Lescott Move To City

Bre1

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

Being a Lifelong Blue, I was proud and overjoyed that we had Joleon Lescott.

What a player, what a defender - and what a job Moyes has done in nurturing that.

My question is - how are we ever going to win the premiership if we cannot keep

players? This really bugs me - Joleon going breaks mine and I'm sure a lot of fellow

Blue's hearts.

Would Man U sell Ferdinand? Not on your nelly.

We have some great players at Everton now and Joleon was a massive part of that -

I'm not blaming Moyes or Lescott for what's happened - more Hughes!

Feels like we are going backward tho - Hope to be proved wrong!

What a player, what a defender - and what a job Moyes has done in nurturing that.

players? This really bugs me - Joleon going breaks mine and I'm sure a lot of fellow

Blue's hearts.

We have some great players at Everton now and Joleon was a massive part of that -

Get used to it we arent a big club anymore and if one of the top 10 prem teams come in for any of our players chances are theyre going to go

Sorry I have kept silent on the lescott front but you cant blame dm or even mh only player you can blame is lescott.

if he wanted to stay he would have.

he didn't want to stay he made that clear when said he didnt want to play before the arse game.

What worries me is that man shitty can get a player wiith only talk meant to be happening in last couple of day but yet everton cant sign anyone and I honestly beleive that we wont

Sorry I have kept silent on the lescott front but you cant blame dm or even mh only player you can blame is lescott.

if he wanted to stay he would have.

he didn't want to stay he made that clear when said he didnt want to play before the arse game.

What worries me is that man shitty can get a player wiith only talk meant to be happening in last couple of day but yet everton cant sign anyone and I honestly beleive that we wont

Fair point - I didn't realise that. That's gutting.

Cheers for reply

It's why he was dropped.

He didn't want to play against Arsenal and wanted to leave.

Good riddance really, if you don't want to play you shouldn't be here.

Very good point mate - It's about the passion for the club, like you say, if that's gone,

so should the player be!! You got me looking at it in a new way. Cheers

good riddance. never was a massive fan of him anyway, massively overrated. had one good season where he scored goals and even then was a liability at the back and last season was carried by jags, he's not worth half of what we're getting for him. our best centre half is still there so fear not.

I wanted Lescott to stay but honestly for that money its good business. Just be thankful that Arteta was injured otherwise he would have disappeared in the summer too.

Its sad that players dont show much loyalty these days. remember David Nugent who desperately wanted to join EFC, it would be nice if we could find a few players with his attitude as I cant see his sort being tempted away so easily.

Back to Lescott though, if we were offered 4 times as much money (or however much it is) to go to another job, I think we would (well, most of us). And it is his job afterall.

Blue's hearts.

Would Man U sell Ferdinand?

Yes.

They sold Ronaldo who is far more of an important player to them.

Every player has their price.

Lescott has been and gone. I hold no ill feeling towards him. He was fantastic when he was here and up until recently was impeccibly behaved.

We got a good price for him. When Rooney left the money really moved the team on a notch. No reason why this can't happen again.

Let's face it, its the only way we are able to invest in players.

theres no reason we cant bring in players weve got the hole world to shop in even if it is moyes doing the buisiness.even someone like bikey would have done a decent job till jags came back i dont know what he cost...theres plenty out there.

Thats right, even Steven Hunt went for £3.5m :o I know he's not everybodys cup of tea but he would have allowed Pienaar to go to right wing, cos Osman is not a winger.

He is better than anything we had on the bench yesterday and he's already scored 2 goals for Hull city.

Just seen on SSN that Lescott is the 3rd most expensive defender ever behind nesta and ferdinand! We've got a hell of a deal here, dani alves and carvalleo cost less in recent years. If you go a bit further back thuram cost £4m less than what citeh stand to pay for lescott. COMPLETE MADNESS!!!

You would have thought that when JL said he wanted to leave that DM and everton would have been looking at getting a replacement in and not wait til a deal for JL to go through.

everton only meant to have talked over lat few days and they get a deal sorted within a couple of days everton cant get anyone in over the whole transfer window.

think maybe Everton have no money what so ever to spend and no rushing around to try to sign someone and what follows then is what Mark said that no one comes in and come jan the money disappears