• Dan Gosling
    • João Alves Jô
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Jose Baxter
    • James Wallace
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Rodwell 28

Saha 26

Pienaar 20

Hibbert 8

Fellaini 8

Neville 2

Baines 1

Osman 1

MOTM winners....

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

well, that was crap. im only voting for Pienaar because, well there was noone else work voting for.

to be honest, the whole evening has been rubbish, with the stupid hotel having a "technical problem" exclusively to channel 5. so. im going to find something better to do...

well, that was crap. im only voting for Pienaar because, well there was noone else work voting for.

to be honest, the whole evening has been rubbish, with the stupid hotel having a "technical problem" exclusively to channel 5. so. im going to find something better to do...

Don't worry you did not miss anything in the game.

The game was not a classic by any means. Not sure if any of our players have yet learned the rudimentaries of passing or trapping a ball.

Nevertheless it was a steady professional performance and they did what they needed to do.

Hibbert's sending off didn't seem to alter the game all that much to be honest, although it is hard to judge on just 7 mins of a full team.

I am satisfied with that. But I do think we wil need to pick it up a bit for forthcoming matches, both in the premiership and in Europe.

ps. I think Pienaar was MOM

Edited by Rubecula

I must have seen a different game than you, i thought the blues handled themselves very well. Several in the running for MOTM, Rodwell who seems to grow with every game, can pass it short or ping it long and he looks comfy in the middle, I'm not an admirer of Fellaini, but tonight i thought he put himself about a bit, broke up attacks and sprayed the ball about, i just wish he would up his pace, same with Jo tho he was fighting a losing battle once we went down to 10 men, nobody up front to help him, thought Osman had a better game, some good work and a great assist for the goal, must be the thought of the russian coming in, Cos now people have to up their game to earn their place.

Boss man was Pienaar again, i just wish Davy would have rested him at half time, i think he might be missing on Sunday, How exposed was Baines once Pienaar went off, works his socks off every game and Baines misses him when he's not there.

Anyway i digress, back to the game, Going down to 10 men so early we could have folded, but the everton spirit began to show through. This team put 8 goals past their last opponents so i think overall with 10 men, away in europe, a 1-1 draw is an excellent performance.

If you havent already guessed PIENAAR got my vote. :)

personally i thought fellaini looked shite, again.

pienaar easily

Fellaini looked good to me today, got a few good CLEAN tackles in, must have deffo been working on that. Got himself around and running a little bit more, but not as much as we would like to see just yet. Also got some nice passes and made a chance for himself and we could have scored, but the officials saw a handball which i didn't see.

He kept his mistakes to a minimum, and i can only see him improve from here on!

Ha ha. I don't think Big Mo will ever win some people over.

Thought he looked alright tonight to be honest. Put himself about and looked comfy with the ball.

Rodwell had a good game, and bossed the middle with Fellaini.

Goose did ok dropping back into defence after the red card.

MOM thought has to go to Pienaar. Same as usual... Graft, good touch and capped it with a goal.

Couldn't be bothered voting. But as an aside, I thought that Yobo had a good game as he wasn't worrying about having to cover for Hibbert all night. Never really taken to Fellaini, but I thought he was better than he's been, and I thought Goose was disappointing given the chance he was offered for a 90min stint.